• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• vcboy2000

• ORUTerry

• Eagles30

That foul doesn't get called in a real conference with officials that know what they're doing.  The people who run the Mid-Con will continue to scratch their head as to why our teams always get #15 & #16 seeds (or play-in seeds) in the NCAA Tournament and never win their first game against #1 and #2 seeds.  The Mid-Con teams can never get a high enough RPI to warrant a high enough seed to play a #3, #4 or #5 seed to have a chance.  

Until we get past playing "High School level" rules on contact to play with the big boys, we'll continue to be a low-major conference.

Absolutely brilliant post, Bogus.  We have high school level officials in our league.  No question about that.

How in the world do they determine 0.4 seconds is what should be put back on the clock? And how exactly does that work after a made basket? Somebody has a lot of 'splaining to do.

why was there .4 seconds on the clock? Doesnt the clock keep running after a made shot? I remember at the utah state game after a made shot we shouldve had 5 seconds but they didnt stop the clock and it kept running.

The clock stops after every made shot within the last minute of the second half.  During the first half, the clock continues running.

I love how our broadcasters are RIPPING the Mid-Con and the refs right now.

they pretty much keep saying what Bogus posted and what was re-posted by Tmh above.

why was there .4 seconds on the clock? Doesnt the clock keep running after a made shot? I remember at the utah state game after a made shot we shouldve had 5 seconds but they didnt stop the clock and it kept running.

Ting, I think you're talking about five seconds in the first half of the USU  game.  I guess the clock keeps rolling then.  But in the second half, for the last minute or two the clock stops after the basket.

Thanks for the info boys.  We got to get in a better league.  The Mid-Con will never get good officials because it is the Mid-Con. The symptom and the disease are one in the same.  Said another way, it is a circular formula error.  We are in a lower tier conference so we get lower tier officials.  The reason we get lower tier officials is because we are in a lower tier conference.

I know it is easier said than done but that is the solution.  What good official(s) will come to the Mid-Con?  None.  Because if they are good they get better jobs at better leagues.

Guest Rob Marshall

I love how our broadcasters are RIPPING the Mid-Con and the refs right now.

SILVER LINING II:  ORU is in the MID CON, so flaming the refs on the post-game radio show probably doesn't result in fines or suspensions for those involved as it would in BCS leagues like the ACC or Big Ten.

The clock stops after every made shot within the last minute of the second half.  During the first half, the clock continues running.

ok thanks. make sense, so the question is just how they determine at what point is a basket "made." ball more than halfway through the cylinder, through the bottom of the net, etc.

The "Lead Official" just got person of the game! Hahaha

Absolutely brilliant post, Bogus.  We have high school level officials in our league.  No question about that.

Even your buddy, JD Collins??   :wink:

How in the world do they determine 0.4 seconds is what should be put back on the clock? And how exactly does that work after a made basket? Somebody has a lot of 'splaining to do.

I think Cooper answered that on - he said after they added .4 sec that by rule .3 or less only allows a tap.  So had they put .3 or less on, Oakland wouldn't have been able to catch and shoot.

That "win" should be an embarrassment to the team the fans and the school.  Oh, yeah, and OUR CONFERENCE.  I'm ashamed that that's the best we can get from our conference.

We just got screwed!!!!!  I hate mid-con refs.  URRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many times did a ref overrule another ref in this game, then we have the looking at a replay on a monitor when that is not allowed, and the 'infamous" CRAP call.  How much do we have to pay refs to get calls like that?

We have to realize that the Conference Presidents think that it is an American Dream for the #8 seed to beat a #1 seed and show that no matter how down-trodden of a situation you're in, you can STILL be a Champion.  They couldn't care less about the money that they just lost from giving the team with the best chance to compete in an NCAA Tournament game an opportunity to bring home a second round check to them to share.  They just know that it won't be them at an NCAA game and their only chance to be noticed on an ESPN crawl is to bring a known Mid-Con team down to their level.

We just got screwed!!!!!  I hate mid-con refs.  URRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How many times did a ref overrule another ref in this game, then we have the looking at a replay on a monitor when that is not allowed, and the 'infamous" CRAP call.  How much do we have to pay refs to get calls like that?

Yeah, and we received the short end of EVERY overrule.  I can't wait to see the box score on this one.