2024 NCAA Tournament

Keenan Henderson

4 hours ago, ORUSwagger said:

They won two games in the Rd of 64 prior to 2016.

I don't think so.  They lost their first round games in 2012 and 2013.  I don't know why it is referred to as second round at that time.  It has been a field of 68 since 2011.

NCAA Division I Tournament results

The Jackrabbits have appeared in seven NCAA Division I Tournaments. Their combined record is 0–7.

Year Seed Round Opponent Result
2012 #14 Second Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
2013 #13 Second Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
2016 #12 First round #5 Maryland L 74–79
2017 #16 First round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66
2018 #12 First round #5 Ohio State L 73–81
2022 #13 First round #4 Providence L 57–66
2024 #15 First round #2 Iowa State L 65-82
  • Upvote 4

Bryce Drew and Grand Canyon!!! 😍

18 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

He has an easy going funny side off the court

Has Kampe lost weight since his days in the MidCon?  He looks thinner to me.

Just watched an interview with Kampe and Gohlke with the CBS crew.  Brought back a lot of fond memories of our run.  Plus my boss went to Oakland so he's in a great mood!  Time to ask for a raise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Just watched an interview with Kampe and Gohlke with the CBS crew.  Brought back a lot of fond memories of our run.  Plus my boss went to Oakland so he's in a great mood!  Time to ask for a raise.

Kampe had a pretty bad health scare a few years ago and has been noticeably thinner since.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/oakland-coach-greg-kampe-recounts-near-death-experience-caused-by-sepsis/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

I think it's been related on this board many times Kampe's interaction with several of us sitting on the first row of the end zone near his bench during the 2005 tournament here in Tulsa. It made him a favorite to all of us. In fact, later I emailed him to say we enjoyed the interaction, and he sent a gracious reply. 

And in answer to your question, I believe he's lost a significant amount of weight. He looks much thinner than he used to. Keto, anyone??

• Upvote 1

Bye Bye Billy Self....and Kampe is will be same later tonight....🤩

At least 1 former summit League player is left Baylor Scheierman for Creighton

28 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

At least 1 former summit League player is left Baylor Scheierman for Creighton

For now...Creighton is down by 1 with 3:27 left.  They should be winnning by 10+.

• Like 1

This is the first time that I've ever wanted a Baylor Scheierman team to win.  Betting pools make you do crazy things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I had Oregon. Oh well. He played pretty good

59 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

For now...Creighton is down by 1 with 3:27 left.  They should be winnning by 10+.

Missed free throws has hurt my bracket in a lot of games

On 3/22/2024 at 9:21 PM, MrsSmith said:

I don't think so.  They lost their first round games in 2012 and 2013.  I don't know why it is referred to as second round at that time.  It has been a field of 68 since 2011.

NCAA Division I Tournament results

The Jackrabbits have appeared in seven NCAA Division I Tournaments. Their combined record is 0–7.

Year Seed Round Opponent Result
2012 #14 Second Round #3 Baylor L 60–68
2013 #13 Second Round #4 Michigan L 56–71
2016 #12 First round #5 Maryland L 74–79
2017 #16 First round #1 Gonzaga L 46–66
2018 #12 First round #5 Ohio State L 73–81
2022 #13 First round #4 Providence L 57–66
2024 #15 First round #2 Iowa State L 65-82

Thanks for clarifying and good to know @MrsSmith

So far this weekend no real upsets.  It seems the cream is rising to the top.  I was really hoping Duke would lose but not today.

Just for fun did you know that ORU has twice as many wins in the NCAA tournament as the rest of the Summit League combined?   ORU with 4, NDSU with 2, and no other Summit League team has ever won a game.  KC, Omaha, Denver, St. Thomas and South Dakota have never ever made the tournament.  Of course, St. Thomas will not be eligible for another two years.

Pretty impressive that ORU's 4 wins are over Syracuse, Louisville, Ohio State and Florida.....:shield-logo:

• Upvote 3

That A&M/Houston game was a street fight!  The players bullied the refs into swallowing their whistles otherwise they would have called at least one foul on every possession.  At one point, the crew brought in Gene Steratore to opine on whether a foul would be upgraded to a flagrant one.  Gene said something along the lines of "Normally I would say yes but based on when I've seen tonight I don't think so."

• Upvote 1

I think we can crown UCONN champs for the second year in a row.  They are just destroying the other teams in the tournament.  Can anyone ever give them a game, say within 10 points.  The Huskies have become like Alabama was in college football, before Nick Saban left.   Just on another level from the rest of the pack.