Summit League Tournament

Keenan Henderson

2 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Yea, Commissioner Hockey really did us a solid with this Midco/CBS Sports deal.  The fan experience is so much better than it was last year. Think about this.

Last year:  watched every ORU Summit League for free except one or two road games in the Dakotas.  Bought ESPN+ and was able to watch many non-conference road games and the Summit League tournament.  Replays were readily available at least by the next morning on all platforms.  

This year: paid a monthly fee to watch all ORU Summit League games.  Paid another monthly fee for ESPN+ in order to watch many of ORU's non-conference road games.  Replays available 2-3 days later in many cases.  Need to continue to pay for both platforms if I want to see all of ORU's baseball games.

So for two subscriptions instead of one I got, maybe, 2 road games and lousy replay availability.  Let me know if I missed anything.

...no follow through on improved production standards as promised. 

Still the same crappy in-house broadcasts from everyone but the Midco schools and ORU (and frankly, ORU's baseball broadcasts have so far left a lot to be desired, and are not befitting a program that advanced to Omaha last season).

• Upvote 2

Just now, Old Titan said:

...no follow through on improved production standards as promised. 

Still the same crappy in-house broadcasts from everyone but the Midco schools and ORU (and frankly, ORU's baseball broadcasts have so far left a lot to be desired, and are not befitting a program that advanced to Omaha last season).

I thought last night's broadcast was an improvement, as Bogus told us to expect once the basketball season was over. Still wishing for some replays on important plays . . .

7 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

WOW, what exactly is the Summit getting for its "broadcast rights", and I use that term in the loosest sense of the word?  It should be no wonder why the rest of the nation views the Summit as a joke.  Even such giant leagues of the ASun, MEAC, Patriot and NEC get better coverage.  Absolutely pathetic. 

The current media deal is just a kickback to Dakota broadcasters.

Dakota schools don’t (or can’t) recruit outside of their geographic footprint so I doubt they care if a potential recruit in CA or FL can easily find their games.

I have no clue as to why but our broadcasts this season have been poor at best. and certainly not nearly the quality of what we produced in years past.

I think we need to stop talking about the SLN immediately before NODAK figures it out and starts his bit as the Summit League Network apologist.  He's already ruined enough threads on this board IMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I thought this year they should have done away with the 8 vs 9 game.  Last year, the league had 10 teams and it made sense to have a couple of play in games but with WIU leaving it did really make much sense to just have one extra game.  The 9 seed should miss the tourney and just have the quarterfinal matches on the weekend.  Any thoughts?

If they had done that then ORU would be playing SDSU on Saturday night because they won the tiebreaker with South Dakota.

• Upvote 1

On 3/4/2024 at 5:01 PM, Otis 83 said:

I Agree Uh Huh GIF by Lillee Jean

I was wrong. It will probably happen again. 

Somebody needs to beat SDSU and send their 10,000 plus fans home for a one hour drive.  I am rooting for KC to shut them down with their defense in the championship game.

• Like 1

Denver with the huge upset. 61-60

• Upvote 1

So much for KC beating SDSU in the championship game.  Denver was down 12 at halftime and KC folded like a tent.  The Roos are now 0-8 in the Summit League tournament during their school history.

2 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

So much for KC beating SDSU in the championship game.  Denver was down 12 at halftime and KC folded like a tent.  The Roos are now 0-8 in the Summit League tournament during their school history.

Wow!!

Well I was at a tournament game when UMKC beat ORU way back when but I guess it was the Mid Continent Conference then (not the Summit League).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Omaha with the great comeback win on a late bucket 73-72 yeah coach Crutchfield !

• Upvote 2

It was very similar to last night's Denver win: Omaha looked out of it but went on a big second half run and hit the dagger with about 3 seconds to go.  Who would have thought that Denver and Omaha would face each other in the semifinals.

• Like 1

Let's go Tommies!!!! image.jpeg.f63684ca5daf8d585e9550c144c0b669.jpeg

• Like 2

Tommies Not gonna win many games scoring 49 points....Jacks in the Finals again. 🙄

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Tommies Not gonna win many games scoring 49 points....Jacks in the Finals again. 🙄

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

And Denver joins them!

• Upvote 1