Summit League Tournament

Keenan Henderson

Interesting tournament this year, the field seems wide open.  If ORU does not win it (smile), then I am hoping for someone new to come out victorious: maybe KC or North Dakota.  Is any diehard fan making the trip to South Dakota friday night?  If you are then we crown you ORU's greatest fan!

I Agree Uh Huh GIF by Lillee Jean

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It seems like ORU's season needs to end mercifully.  No more pain and trauma for the fans.  I just hope they compete and do not just give up.  If they were to win then SDSU would be there to smash them on what is basically their home court.  So in the long run it would be better to avoid the Jackrabbits.

It would be truly embarrassing to lose in the 8-9 play-in game.  Hopefully there is enough strength in this team to at least win Friday night against a beatable opponent.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

It would be truly embarrassing to lose in the 8-9 play-in game.  Hopefully there is enough strength in this team to at least win Friday night against a beatable opponent.

I am afraid that’s what’s going to happen.

As poor and undisciplined this team has been they are even worse on the road.

No chance we win Friday night...ORU has quit and probably cleaned out their lockers....sorry but they are a bunch of dogs....woof woof....hope most of them are in the transfer portal next week. Take USD and lay the points....🤢

What time is the game on Friday?  I'm more likely going to watch the baseball team.

6 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

What time is the game on Friday?  I'm more likely going to watch the baseball team.

They play at 7 PM.

Start Trey cause he hustles and a few other youngsters. What do they have to lose. I'm divided on whether they'll win or not😮🏀

21 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Start Trey cause he hustles and a few other youngsters. What do they have to lose. I'm divided on whether they'll win or not😮🏀

That may sound like a good idea, but do we want to lose Isaac and Bedford or Herron? A lot of board members like little Trey, but do you really want him as a starting guard next year over Isaac and Bedford? I don't!

We need to keep our best players coming back next year, particularly in the back court and that's Isaac and Bedford. If Trey stays fine, but if it's him vs Isaac or Bedford, thanks Trey, good luck and all the best.  

• Upvote 3

South Dakota is only a 1 hour drive from Sioux Falls, so they may have a good turn out of fans on Friday night.  Not sure how many but would expect some of their students to make the trip.  So it is basically another road game for ORU.  Now we know why Mills blasted the tournament for always holding it in South Dakota.  It does give a big advantage to the 2 South Dakota teams, which are of course ORU's first two opponents.  If they make can it to the next round!

ORU team will get a nice dinner out of it at the Awards Banquet but likely will be one and done on Friday.....TheEagleman just can't see the Good Guys pulling this one out after the way the regular season ended....we haven't lost 8 games is a row in a Looooooooong time.....it's a sad state of affairs, my friends....Image result for george costanza images

19 hours ago, titansforever said:

They play at 7 PM.

Fortunately for me first pitch against UMass Lowell is at 6:00 PM.  I'm assuming the league tournament will have Midco broadcasters so. with any luck, I'll get to enjoy Adam on the call.  Y'all enjoy the basketball game!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but ORU’s play-in game and the four first-round games (for the first time that I can recall) are NOT free to stream, are they?

I know the semi’s and finals are on the CBS Sports Network, but once again no one except XDSU and UXD friends and families with Midco on their cable systems have a quasi-free way to watch these 10 play-in and first-round games on the men’s and women’s side.  #smh. 😡 

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but ORU’s play-in game and the four first-round games (for the first time that I can recall) are NOT free to stream, are they?

I know the semi’s and finals are on the CBS Sports Network, but once again no one except XDSU and UXD friends and families with Midco on their cable systems have a quasi-free way to watch these 10 play-in and first-round games on the men’s and women’s side.  #smh. 😡 

The Summit has by far the worst media “deal” in D1 basketball. 

I don’t think the semis are even on CBS Sports.

image.png

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

The Summit has by far the worst media “deal” in D1 basketball. 

I don’t think the semis are even on CBS Sports.

Wow, you're right - only the finals are on a national network, and one that is limited to "premium" sports packages & bundles (not basic).

Total middle finger from the conference office to the non-Midco markets (which is probably something like 99% of the eyeballs nationwide).

• Upvote 2

Yea, Commissioner Hockey really did us a solid with this Midco/CBS Sports deal.  The fan experience is so much better than it was last year. Think about this.

Last year:  watched every ORU Summit League for free except one or two road games in the Dakotas.  Bought ESPN+ and was able to watch many non-conference road games and the Summit League tournament.  Replays were readily available at least by the next morning on all platforms.  

This year: paid a monthly fee to watch all ORU Summit League games.  Paid another monthly fee for ESPN+ in order to watch many of ORU's non-conference road games.  Replays available 2-3 days later in many cases.  Need to continue to pay for both platforms if I want to see all of ORU's baseball games.

So for two subscriptions instead of one I got, maybe, 2 road games and lousy replay availability.  Let me know if I missed anything.

• Upvote 3

WOW, what exactly is the Summit getting for its "broadcast rights", and I use that term in the loosest sense of the word?  It should be no wonder why the rest of the nation views the Summit as a joke.  Even such giant leagues of the ASun, MEAC, Patriot and NEC get better coverage.  Absolutely pathetic. 

• Upvote 2