ORU at South Dakota

theeagleman5

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

You shant be proven wrong....these Golden Eagles are deep fried and cooked well done.....almost as done as a certain President appeared to be in the SOTU address last night......Coyotes by 10+......:southdakota:

Eagleman, your prognostications are even worse than mine lately. Please pick SDSU tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Love Kareem in the postgame interview saying he saw his season stats and said "that's not me" (especially rebounds). Then went out and put up a double double. And Issac right next to him agreeing.

• Like 2

What a pleasant surprise tonight! If the team that competed tonight and against K State, Texas Tech and Texas A+M shows up tomorrow night anything is possible. If the other team shows up I won’t state the obvious 

• Like 2

Your wish is granted....A rested SDSU team backed by a rabid home crowd wins by 10+ on Saturday Night....:tb-white:

• Haha 4

Congratulations Golden Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see Kareem working them over inside just like the old days

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Great to get a win as it has been over a month since the Eagles won.  ORU played with heart, rebounded well and the defense was solid.  They started the second half by getting Herron a few buckets and that opened it up for shooters to knock down some 3s.  The bench struggled this year but Trey and Josh Jones gave the good guys some strong minutes.

• Like 4

The second half was ORU’s best half of play since the calendar turned to 2024.  If nothing else, ORU avoided the indignity of enduring the entire off-season on an eight game losing streak. And, in the Summit this season, ANY team can win it all.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

ORU is now 8-1 in the Summit League Conference in the last 3 and half seasons.  At least for one game, they flipped the script and looked like the team most of us thought they could before the season started. 

I thought USD has been a good matchup for the Eagles all three times they played them this season because they only have 1 big that can hurt ORU.  SDSU has 3 forwards that can give ORU problems, so it will be interesting to see if the good guys can continue to rebound and play post defense vs the Jackrabbits tomorrow.

TheEagleman will gladly eat crow tonight and enjoy this win...I will have visions of sugar plum fairies and McBride 3 balls as I sleep very soundly tonight....tomorrow evening ORU plays the #1 seeded Jacks with house money and anything could happen...and maybe it will....or not....but God Bless Springmann and the boys.... :tb-white:

• Like 2

Percentage was still not great, but I thought we were not shooting enough threes during the losing streak. Sticking with the 3 really paid off tonight. 

• Upvote 2

The first half definitely looked like an 8 vs. 9 play-in game (which it was) with both teams struggling to find their flow and rhythm. This is very common, as the first game in the post-season can often be a challenge until a team finds its “playoff” form.  

That is one advantage (and maybe the only one) that ORU has over the Jackrabbits tonight.  Yes, SDSU is well-rested, but ORU is playoff-tested, and I’ll take the latter every day of the week. 

• Like 1

Eagles hold USD to 62 points, which is the lowest vs D1 team all year.  The closest was 63 vs Texas Southern.  Where has that tough defense been all year?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Eagles hold USD to 62 points, which is the lowest vs D1 team all year.  The closest was 63 vs Texas Southern.  Where has that tough defense been all year?

USD was their own worst enemy at times during the game. It was our ability to clean the glass - offensively and defensively - that made the difference in this game.

Trey was a plus 17 in just 18 minutes!  Not sure you can do much better than that!  I like how he slowly drives the ball and then kicks to an open shooter.  ORU could have used more of that this year.

• Upvote 2