ORU at South Dakota

theeagleman5

I guess when you have an 8-9 game either team could win but TheEagleman is fairly certain that this ORU team is cooked....yet we are still -3.5....SMH on that line....maybe McBride, Weaver and Bedford get hot and combine for 60 because that's what it might take...I don't see it....South Dakota 78 ORU 66. See ya in November....😪

I look for South Dakota to pound the ball inside and crash the boards, just like every other team has done in the Summit League.  Does ORU have any answers?  If they do then a win is possible but otherwise it will be a long night.  The Eagles handled the Coyotes in the Mabee Center and only lost by one at USD.  So they have played them tough in both games.

Neither team plays much defense, so the game will come down to each team's offensive efficiency. For ORU, the #1 variable this season is 3 point shooting percentage. In the first 22 games of the season (with a record of 11-11), ORU shot 39.1% from beyond the arc. In the late season 7-game skid, the Golden Eagles shot 27.8%. If ORU shoots at least 33% or higher, I think they'll be wearing their road unis on Saturday.

• Upvote 3

Gotta make shots and grab some rebounds… things that ORU have not done well - especially in the latter half of the season. It also helps to make stops - which is another weak spot

• Like 1

ORU now up to a 4.5 pt favorite....not sure if i have EVER seen a team with seven straight losses and playing as poorly as we have been favored like this in what is basically a road game in South Dakota....TheEagleman is perplexed...does Vegas know something we don't???...probably not.....if I were betting i would take USD and the under (151.5). Good Guys have won TWO road games all season......:shield-logo:   :southdakota:

TheEagleman ALWAYS wants my Alma Mater to win....but not really sure I want to see a match up with the Jacks on Saturday Night in back to back nights....would be VERY ugly......:sdsu:

• Like 1

I will be shocked if the good guys pull this one off. 

Saw literally nothing vs. UMKC to make me think things are headed in the right direction, while South Dakota has shown some signs of life their past few games.

Would love to be proven wrong!

• Like 3

You shant be proven wrong....these Golden Eagles are deep fried and cooked well done.....almost as done as a certain President appeared to be in the SOTU address last night......Coyotes by 10+......:southdakota:

I just hope the guys play with some energy and do not get blown out.  There have been some tournament blowouts in other leagues, where you can just tell that teams have packed it in.  Just do not give up ORU and fight to the end!

• Like 2

For those in the Tulsa area that are Cox Cable subscribers, the ORU/USD game is on Channel 3 at 7:00.

• Like 1

Old guard Weaver and Thompson step it up and ORU wins by 6

• Upvote 1

ORU up by 3 at halftime 28-25.  ORU is rebounding better but still shooting a low FG %.  

Here’s a thought. Don’t shoot with 7 seconds to go so they have no chance to take a shot. Bedford is shooting us out of the game.  

• Like 3

6 pt swing in the last 6 seconds of the half: Bedford misses a three then Bruns hits as the clock expires. Hope that's not too deflating for the Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman is stunned....guess the Good Guys decided to show up...:tb-white:

Finally a "good" wow. Where has this team been the last two months? #headscratcher

• Upvote 3

That’s the McBride I was hoping to see all season. 

• Upvote 2

Nice win by the good guys.  1-0 in the "third"-season of 2023-24.  Brings hope for a 2-0 start to the third season tomorrow night.  If we play tomorrow night like we did tonight, we have a shot; however, the opposition will be much more talented.  #PrayersUp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

More McBride (shooting) and less Bedford… at least when he’s not making shots. He is really streaky. 

• Upvote 1