Impact of the Mayors Cup

Dr. Cornelius

Guest EagleBackr
Hate to agree with Gold, but Catbird is THE MAN!

Take shots at Gold, but Catbird is someone I consider a friend and a really great guy!

I don't care if he's Will Rogers - he was wrong! Boycotts are for racial injustice and unethical business practices. How is boycotting the Wendy's at 11th & Harvard going to help TU's progress on the basketball floor or at the turnstiles? If they want to boycott something, they should try boycotting their own games - empty seats speak volumes to an athletic department...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• oruvoice

• Dr. Cornelius

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if he's Will Rogers - he was wrong! Boycotts are for racial injustice and unethical business practices. How is boycotting the Wendy's at 11th & Harvard going to help TU's progress on the basketball floor or at the turnstiles? If they want to boycott something, they should try boycotting their own games - empty seats speak volumes to an athletic department...

That's so responsible of you.

There is a way to make that point without implicating CB's character or "classiness." CB lives on 11th street across from TU -- he feels pride in the area around TU.

And why do you have a need to inform TU fans about your opinion of their boycott? They didn't ask you to join in.

EB - I agree with your response to CB (though I didn't read the entire thread). Also, you were very nice - didn't get personal with him at all. Good job!!

Guest EagleBackr
And why do you have a need to inform TU fans about your opinion of their boycott? They didn't ask you to join in.

... I didn't realize I needed an invitation. Tell me, what did YOUR invitation to join the fun on OUR board look like? Was it addressed to "Occupant" or "Mom's Basement"?

Guest Rob Marshall

Been "off the board" for a few days of R&R (and much better for it I might add) and so I'm JUST catching up on some of the happenings here; noticed EB pointing out "Catbird's" decision to boycott the Wendy's located near Skelly stadium and the TU campus.

Ironically, some TEN YEARS AGO we initiated the partnership with Wendy's to sponsor the ORU ball kid progam and the partnership has included since day one several aspects of mutual benefit including IN STORE DISPLAYS at ALL Tulsa and greater NE Oklahoma area Wendy's restaurants. The ORU Wendy's ball kid in-store display has been found at the Wendy's by TU every season for almost ten years (or at least from the 95-96 season thru 98-99 as far as I am aware and don't know why it would have "disappeared" since 1999 until today)!

Hello Catbird, how do you like it here in Memphis?!?!? Either someone's asleep at the wheel or perhaps when TU was winning consistently, the ORU marketing stuff didn't sting so much. :wink:

Guest EagleBackr
Actually, vcboy asked me to post my thoughts.

...it was more like he called you out, since you badmouth ORU on the TU boards FAR more than any other TU poster, without question. But I must admit, you did rise to the challenge over here and managed to post some interesting, albeit misguided, observations...