North Dakota at ORU

Keenan Henderson

22 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

The most telling statistic from last night's game was not that we were out-rebounded (especially on the offensive end of the court) or that our three-point shooting was atrocious.  It was that we had THREE assists!!  Granted, if you don't make baskets, you don't get assists and our FG% was 36%, but I didn't see the "potential assists" from the passing of the ball to the open guy. 

I saw a lot of driving shot attempts into the lane with three guys bigger and taller than the ORU shooter.  I saw a lot of driving with no shot to take, but the shot was taken anyway.  These were shots taken by players that knew better but they didn't feel like they could feed the ball to someone that had a better opportunity.  Not a lot of confidence amongst the players in each other right now. 

Something has to give here......

Man this is well said and spot on! My brain is so tired from trying to figure this team out. At this point all I want is positive change whatever that may be. The coaches are getting paid fairly well and I am counting on them to fix this by any and all means.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day, we are all rooting for the same team.  Yes we are all disappointed, angry, frustated, and fill in the blank.  It is natural to want answers.  Is it the coaches or the players fault, how about a little of both.  Every program goes through up and down years, it is just part of sports.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:09 PM, ORU40 said:

I'm not calling for coach to be fired. But I do think at the end of the season a very extensive review needs to occur. Coach did not come into a situation where the cupboard was bare, he has 3 solid vets and 2 of them are considered top 10 players in the league.  

Watching this game tonight; and all season, the effort is poor and inconsistent, the style of play is ineffective individual basketball, the fundaments are terrible, and the attendance understandably looks to be beginning to dwindle.  No coach needs 2-3 years to understand a team has to play D and rebound to be successful! My concern is this team's talent level may be our best for some time to come. After the season if I were in the administration, I would want coach to provide a very detailed action plan outlining how he can improve the program moving forward with specifics that can be communicated to the fan base, because what I'm seeing is a rapid decline of our program into the abyss of low major irrelevance. 

IMHO ORU basketball is better than this and not playing at all near our potential!! 

We do have 2-3 solid players, but last I checked basketball is played with 5 players.  One weak link is exposed, especially on defense.  We've seen that several times this year.

I don't think this year is a fair evaluation for HCRS since he got a late start recruiting HIS team (same with Paul Mills).  We are lucky that Isaac and Kareem stayed.

I'm praying for a strong finish and a great recruiting class!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MrsSmith said:

I'm praying for a strong finish and a great recruiting class!

There's a recruiting class??  😬

• Haha 2

Keep Praying, Mrs. Smith....🙏

• Upvote 1

I just looked at the ESPN recap of the game vs UND and they have over 6,000 fans listed in attendance.  For the season, ORU averages about 5,400 per game, which is about 300 more than last season.  It is incredible that the home fans are still supporting the Eagles at that high of a clip!