Evansville Purple Aces at ORU

Otis 83

The good guys lost the series but made it interesting in the end, losing 7-6 to the Purple Aces.  Evansville was a very good team with some great hitters. Evansville's top player, Hug, was out of the lineup today as he injured himself swinging the bat on Friday and then more severely yesterday. 

Today, our pitching finally settled down after the first inning, but we will want to regroup from this and get our bearings now that we have played a series. 

Personally, I still have high hopes for this team, but it is brutal playing in 35 degree weather (which we may be doing when we reach the Dakotas later this spring).

• Upvote 1

When Holden Breeze is the only starting position player returning from last season, some growing pains can be expected.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ORU scored a hefty 21 runs over the weekend...problem was our pitching gave up 31......🥶😬🤬

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU scored a hefty 21 runs over the weekend...problem was our pitching gave up 31......🥶😬🤬

@theeagleman5 You may have missed these comments. Here they are again for your review. 😃

16 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

The good guys lost the series but made it interesting in the end, losing 7-6 to the Purple Aces.  Evansville was a very good team with some great hitters. Evansville's top player, Hug, was out of the lineup today as he injured himself swinging the bat on Friday and then more severely yesterday. 

Today, our pitching finally settled down after the first inning, but we will want to regroup from this and get our bearings now that we have played a series. 

Personally, I still have high hopes for this team, but it is brutal playing in 35 degree weather (which we may be doing when we reach the Dakotas later this spring).

14 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Utmost faith and confidence in Folmar/Neill/Davis/Turk.

The fact they stayed put after last year's success is incredible; there's no doubt they will be getting the best they can out of this new roster just as soon as possible.

Simply put:  they've more than proved they know everything it takes to win. 👍

2 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

When Holden Breeze is the only starting position player returning from last season, some growing pains can be expected.  

• Haha 1

Oh TheEagleman misses nothing.....just making the observation that our pitching was less than stellar this past weekend....but everyone here loves the bright side so I guess it can't get much worse....Go Blue!! 😎

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

everyone here loves the bright side so I guess it can't get much worse....Go Blue!! 😎

"Everyone"?

Since when do I love the bright side??

And I may be The Prince of Darkness when it comes to ORU Athletics, but this is a polar opposite situation from my dire basketball outlooks the past few months. 

Basketball had solid starters returning but a weak recruiting class who have all failed to deliver under new managemant; Baseball lost practically everyone but enjoyed a stellar recruiting season and kept the band together on the coaching staff.

Give those returning arms a chance to perform in something resembling baseball weather.  It's February, for Pete's sake...it's a positive just to get three games in before a lot of schools are even able to practice outdoors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/19/2024 at 2:34 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Oh TheEagleman misses nothing.....just making the observation that our pitching was less than stellar this past weekend....but everyone here loves the bright side so I guess it can't get much worse....Go Blue!! 😎

22 hours ago, Old Titan said:

"Everyone"?

Since when do I love the bright side??

And I may be The Prince of Darkness when it comes to ORU Athletics, but this is a polar opposite situation from my dire basketball outlooks the past few months. 

Basketball had solid starters returning but a weak recruiting class who have all failed to deliver under new managemant; Baseball lost practically everyone but enjoyed a stellar recruiting season and kept the band together on the coaching staff.

Give those returning arms a chance to perform in something resembling baseball weather.  It's February, for Pete's sake...it's a positive just to get three games in before a lot of schools are even able to practice outdoors.

If I am ever tempted to overreact early in this baseball season I promised myself I would remember how I felt after the DBU series last year and how I felt in Omaha. That should be enough to walk me off the ledge.

• Like 3

TheEagleman not trying to over react to a poor pitching effort in the first series....but was just a little surprised our starters and some bullpen guys got hammered at home in their first appearances.....totally recognize that it's a long season and this week could be a lot different....let's hope it is anyway because these early season games are RPI important due to the weak Summit Schedule in late March/April/May.....cant afford to drop back to back series to Evansville and SIUE at home....GO BLUE!!!  :tb-white:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

If I am ever tempted to overreact early in this baseball season I promised myself I would remember how I felt after the DBU series last year and how I felt in Omaha. That should be enough to walk me off the ledge.

One of the delights of Omaha was meeting you there, Otis!!

5 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

One of the delights of Omaha was meeting you there, Otis!!

I feel the same way about meeting you TMH.  I'm hoping we get to do it again this year!

• Like 2