NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Good Guys just appear to have folded. 😬

40 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good Guys just appear to have folded. 😬

That seems to be the theme for many conference games this year dating all the way back to the 1st game vs. KC. The only thing I can think of is that they appear to show up in the fast half thinking they can simply just beat these Summit League teams because they went 21-0 last year.  Of course giving a ho hum effort does not work and then they roll over in the 2nd half and play dead.  It is very strange that this keeps happening.  

25 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

HCRS a no-show for the post-game radio show.

Don’t get me started… 🤐

Good on you for even trying to listen for the postgame comments. I was too deflated to even try.

This was one of the worst home performances I have seen in a long time. There was zero team effort, only individual play. Hero ball is being allowed by the coaching staff and to me it is clear as day. This team has talent but talent without teamwork = disaster and that is what we are seeing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman is ready for some baseball...Play Ball !!!!! ⚾

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Good on you for even trying to listen for the postgame comments. I was too deflated to even try.

When I was a boy, I remember Ken Trickey’s postgame shows after losses were epic. 

First off, there weren’t many, particularly at home, but when it happened you knew Coach was going to go OFF on the radio afterward.

He might go nuts about the officiating, or the effort by his team, or his own coaching mistakes.  He even tried to quit a couple of times on the air, before walking it back later in the interview or in the press room afterward. It was always Must Listen Radio on KRMG. 

And he never even CONSIDERED not showing up.  Heck, he WANTED a chance to either explain the loss or cry on announcer Jerry Vaughn’s shoulder. 

Times sure have changed…just not sure what to make of “The Sound of Silence”. 😶

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, theeagleman5 said:

I’m right there with you. From what I hear we have even more depth at pitching this year. Should be a salty team and fun to watch!

• Like 1

We knew it would be a rebuilding year.  It could be worse: Detroit Mercy just won its first game of the year and are 1-26. Ouch!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

We knew it would be a rebuilding year.  It could be worse: Detroit Mercy just won its first game of the year and are 1-26. Ouch!

I have no problem accepting this is a rebuilding year however we will have to recruit NBA caliber players to thrive in the type of offense being run. My main hope is that this group of players are not listening or buying into HCRS philosophy and that next year’s group does.

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

HCRS a no-show for the post-game radio show.

Don’t get me started… 🤐

Where is the post game show at - been turning on 99.9 but not finding 

Jerry Vaughn....a blast from the past/KRMG.....74AM RADIO??....he was a character......😎

1 hour ago, Ting said:

Where is the post game show at - been turning on 99.9 but not finding 

When there is no conflict with the OKC Thunder, ORU games are broadcast on 97.1 FM The Sports Animal in Tulsa.  Stronger signal and larger broadcast footprint.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Jerry Vaughn....a blast from the past/KRMG.....74AM RADIO??....he was a character......😎

"Sweet Jerry Cakes" on play-by-play, with his trusty color man Lawrence "Night Train" Lane.  Classic college basketball broadcast team!

BTW, Night Train is STILL officiating high school basketball games in and around Tulsa, in addition to substitute teaching, working as a sales clerk at Ross department store, and doing the PA at Booker T. Washington H.S. football games.  The man is a machine...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

This could be my last post in this sub for a while.  Just don't have the energy for this.  Thank goodness there is a three game homestand starting this afternoon.  I expect watching the Golden Eagles baseball team is a better use of my time.  I will continue to hope for the best out of the MBB.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's truly depressing, Otis....this MBB team has been a big disappointment after we started 2024 so well......TheEagleman headed over to nearby Lawrenceville, NJ tonight to watch some mid major basketball between host Rider U. and Mt. St. Marys with my 18 yr old grandson....both teams are mediocre at best like ORU....so what the heck.....Let's Go Broncos!!   Image result for rider broncos images

• Like 1

I'm just wondering what next year's team will look like. We know we'll be losing several players--right? And how many more of the recent recruits will decide to leave after enduring such a tough season?

Just my take and could be very wrong but I have not seen anything new out of Coach Springmann this year.  It seems he is running the same/similar offense and defense that Mills ran the last few years.  That worked in the past but is no longer working.  I hope between year 1 and 2 he develops his own style.  It seems his philosophy coming into this season was: if it is not broke then don't fix it.   Now it is broke and will need some fixing in the off season.

• Like 1