NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Like the players, TheEagleman has just seen a lot of his passion/drive for this season melt away in the past week....those losses at St. Thomas and SDSU last week were both very painful....not sure what to expect from the Good Guys tomorrow night but overall we have played decently at Mabee Center and hoping that continues....ORU badly needs a win and TheEagleman badly needs some positive waves.....:shield-logo:    :NDSU:

• Upvote 1

This has been a really interesting year to watch ORU men's basketball to say the least. Here is my hope: let's see what happened to the KC Chiefs happen to our Eagles. I would say 95% of the Chiefs fans including my self probably gave up on them being in or making the super bowl when their regular season was marred  by numerous dropped passes, excessive costly penalties etc. Then somehow someway they enter the playoffs and play their best football. Can this happen to the Eagles? Perhaps a long shot but with our talent level it is possible. If we can start peaking these last 3 games and enter an extreme confidence zone going into the conference tournament and string 3 games together we are back in the Big Dance! Just like the Chiefs had key players that had been there before we have key players that have been there and know how to win.  I really hope and expect our guys to step up, dig deep and get the job done!

• Upvote 2

Dream on, 88.....Really hope you are right but TheEagleman has always been a doubting Thomas.....what you see is what you get.....inconsistancy....😬

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Dream on, 88.....TheEagleman has always been a doubting Thomas.....what you see is what you get.....inconsistancy....😬

Eagleman I just woke up and realized I was dreaming 😴 but just maybe 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Haha 2

On the coaches show, Adam talked about that exact same idea.  How KC turned the team around and won the Super Bowl.  Of course, they have one of the best quarterbacks in the history of pro football.  If they do it will start on the defensive side of the ball, just like the 2021 team finally got aggressive on D and turned things around.  The Eagles need someone like Miller to be a real force on defense just as Carlos Jurgens was during the Sweet 16 run.

• Upvote 1

Maybe Mahomes has some BBall eligibility left....unfortunately ORU has no one like that.....dude is a stud and a born leader of men.....Image result for pat maholmes photos

I saw on Twitter that tomorrow night's game is a Black Out.  While we've been calling for a Block Out we are getting a Black Out.  I don't think fan attire is going to get us many rebounds but I could be wrong.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I saw on Twitter that tomorrow night's game is a Black Out.  While we've been calling for a Block Out we are getting a Black Out.  I don't think fan attire is going to get us many rebounds but I could be wrong.

A TU basketball fan, bemoaning the empty seats for their afternoon home game on Super Bowl Sunday, observed:

"It looks like we're having another Blue Out today." 🤣

• Haha 5

ORU is -3.5....Bison have won 3 of last 4 including a pair in OT....Good Guys need to get some revenge for the loss last month in Fargo.....gonna be a close game....:tb-blue:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Line has jumped to ORU -4.5 this morning.....seems a bit steep and ESPN.com has the Good Guys with a 70.1% chance of winning......not sure if TheEagleman agrees with that....but GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:  :NDSU:

19 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Me and the wife are en route from Huntsville, Alabama (it’s weird going without @ORob1)!  We left at 5:35 a.m., should get there between 4-5.  We’re excited for some basketball and (maybe more so) some baseball this weekend!  See y’all at the Mabee tonight😁

IMG_3800.jpeg

Outstanding - drop by section 104!

• Like 2

ORob2 appears to have outkicked his coverage.....TheEagleman is in the same boat....enjoy the game tonight and bring home a W!!! :shield-logo:

• Haha 2

These two teams are very evenly matched in their mediocrity.....i could see the Bison winning this game because they have already beaten us once but the Good Guys have defended the home court very well over the past couple seasons.....only a very good Weber State and our nemesis St. Thomas have won at Mabee.....so I think ORU finds a way to pull this one out....expecting a close back and forth contest but in the end its ORU 78  NDSU 74.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Braden Moore and Josh Jones are both out tonight with concussions…..

So far on almost every shot NDSU has put a shoulder into an ORU defender in order to get some seperation on the jump shot. I never see our guys doing that.

NDSU with several open 3s, open layups and too many second chance points (7-0).  McBride trying to take on 4 guys going to the rim.  It is just been struggle city once again, maybe they need another wake up call at halftime.  They need one every other game, so wake up Golden Eagles!

Great way to end the first half. We get turnover with about 30 seconds to go. McBride brings the ball up the court. Dribbles between his legs back and forth at the top of the key for about 15 seconds before dribbling to the right side of the arc where he continues to dribble until he dribbles the ball off his leg with six seconds to go.  NDSU hits a three as time expires to extend their lead.