Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

We only had one technical foul on the various box scores I’ve read. The ref must have called just a common foul or else they would have awarded Denver free throws - right? Not sure what happened there because Bedford didn’t get to shoot his free throws… I guess because he had collected his 5th foul after he was fouled?

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

We only had one technical foul on the various box scores I’ve read. The ref must have called just a common foul or else they would have awarded Denver free throws - right? Not sure what happened there because Bedford didn’t get to shoot his free throws… I guess because he had collected his 5th foul after he was fouled?

How can somebody commit anything other than a technical foul in a deadball situation after they themselves got fouled.  (and there’s no question mark at the end of that sentence, because it’s not a sincere question; it’s a rhetorical paradox)

Conspiracy Theory:  Bedford’s technical was intentionally omitted from the boxscore.  After all, how can he be suspended for something that never happened? 😎

Seriously, somebody find out what really happened and let us know - thx!

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Seriously, somebody find out what really happened and let us know - thx!

The PBP of the box score shows a “Foul Tech” on both Bedford and #32 Denver at the 0:27 mark in second half. So a Double-Tech. 
I remember that Bedford got a Technical in the St Thomas game and did not serve any kind of league suspension the following game, so I assume he’s fine to play. 

5 hours ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

The PBP of the box score shows a “Foul Tech” on both Bedford and #32 Denver at the 0:27 mark in second half. So a Double-Tech. 
I remember that Bedford got a Technical in the St Thomas game and did not serve any kind of league suspension the following game, so I assume he’s fine to play. 

Which brings us full circle:  Bedford was T'd up for a physical altercation (he shoved another player) in a conference game; by league rule does he have to serve any kind of suspension on Thursday night in Saint Paul?

I'm guessing "no"; it wasn't like he threw a punch or anything like that...

This is a clear case of employing the "he had it coming" defense for Bedford.  Denver was a bunch of thugs the whole game.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 6:01 AM, dave said:

Lamont Reid, now there is a name I haven't heard in a while. 
i thought the same thing about DJ's three. He definitely likes the big shot. 

Hey, Sterns78, I believe you may someone that I spent a week with this summer. Rick Weyuker. He and I were roommates in 77-78. I heard him mention your name a few times. 

Yup, I remember Rick. We graduated same year I believe.

Glad to hear someone else remembers Lamont Reid. Seems he had a 42" standing vertical leap. Drafted by Washington Bullets. 

• Like 1