Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

Big game at Mabee Center this Saturday Night and probably a large turnout for Hall of Fame evening.....Denver plays tonight at KC while the good guys are resting up.....Pioneers are ahead of us right now in the standings but lets see if they can beat KC.....ORU really needs to hold serve at home which could be a tall task since Denver looking for revenge after we beat them in December......TheEagleman is looking forward to this match up.....:shield-logo:  :Denver:

• Upvote 1

If we play like we did our last 2 games I like our chances. Hustle, rebounding , intensity and unselfish play will go a long way! I'm probably sounding like a broken record!

• Upvote 1

Tommy Bruner is always a problem as he leads the nation in scoring.  I thought we did a pretty good job on him in Denver and yet he put up 32 points.  He will get his but ORU just has to make sure no one else on Denver goes off.

Denver is a lot like ORU in the past: they love to score and play fast but their defense is up and down.  I would expect a game in the 80s, which the Eagles still enjoy playing.  Get your track shoes ready guys!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Tommy Bruner is always a problem as he leads the nation in scoring.  I thought we did a pretty good job on him in Denver and yet he put up 32 points.  He will get his but ORU just has to make sure no one else on Denver goes off.

Denver is a lot like ORU in the past: they love to score and play fast but their defense is up and down.  I would expect a game in the 80s, which the Eagles still enjoy playing.  Get your track shoes ready guys!

Bruner did score 32 against ORU on New Year's Eve, but it took THIRTY field goal attempts and NINE free throws (and overtime) to get there.  He also had five assists and five turnovers, which is not very efficient.  Kareem did an excellent job of making him work for every shot, especially in the first half, and I think it wore him down.  If the ORU defense follows a similar approach with equal intensity, I believe the Golden Eagles will hold serve at home.  This would also give ORU the tie-breaker against the Pioneers, which could prove to be very valuable in March seeding. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Watched some of the Denver v. UMKC game tonight. The Pioneers really know how to move the ball and they play pretty quick. They also know how to feed the ball into the key for easy shots.

• Upvote 1

After tonight’s games, 8 of the 9 teams in the Summit League are within 1.5 games of 1st place. Will be an interesting back-half of conference play!

Lots of importance on every game, but especially the home games are crucial to take care of business.

• Upvote 1

Denver is starting to struggle and his lost two in a row by 15 points.  Their defense is giving up about 81 per game, which is 350th in the nation.

My only concern is they will come on Saturday night with a desperation to stop the bleeding.  Brunner had his worst game of the season vs KC with only 12 points.  So we know he will be fired up to show that he is still the nation's leading scorer.  Plus, ORU has had a week off and hopefully is not rusty.

• Upvote 1

I didnt watch the second half of DU v UMKC. But what I saw of Denver in the first half concerns me because they moved the ball well. Our defense is going to have to be on their A game. 

Concerned????....Newsflash, Dave......DENVER LOST by 15!!!...they may move the ball well but play ZERO Defense and if ORU loses at home to the Pioneers then we deserve to not finish in the top half of the Summit League....TheEagleman agrees that the regular season title is up for grabs among several teams but despite their loss at home to the Bison last night I would still consider SDSU to be the favorite.....but don't count out our Golden Eagles....gotta win vs Denver at home tomorrow night and I think we will do just that!  Good Guys wouldn't lose on Hall of Fame Night....would they???   😮:tb-white:😉

• Like 2

I'm just excited to see our 1981 men's golf team. It was so heartbreaking to come so close to that national championship. I'll never forget it.

I hope the entire team has made it back for the ceremony.

• Like 3

TheEagleman used to have a men's bible study with a guy who worked at the same country club about 20 yrs ago where Joey Rassett was the club pro......I think Rassett was on that 1981 team.....my friend said he was a big hitter......Image result for Caddyshack Greenskeeper

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman used to have a men's bible study with a guy who worked at the same country club about 20 yrs ago where Joey Rassett was the club pro......I think Rassett was on that 1981 team.....my friend said he was a big hitter......Image result for Caddyshack Greenskeeper

Yes, Joey was on it. Bill Glasson is the one who continued to be in the news after college. He played a lot of pro golf, although he also seemed to suffer a lot of injuries.

The Great Bill Glasson from Edmond, OK.....another huge hitter who won the Kemper Open in the mid 90s and had a runner up finish in the US Open also in the 90s....won several times on the Senior PGA Tour but yeah suffered from bad knees and a bad back i believe......I think there was another ORU grad who had a US Open 2nd place finish......might have been that Dave Barr from the 70s.....quick tale from the mid 70s....TheEagleman could play a little golf back in the day and was a HS letterman but nowhere near good enough to play at ORU....was invited to fill in a 4some with my old friend Ted Gellert/ORU Golf Coach and Dave Barr was in the group.....talk about long driving....we played Southern Hills and I think it was OR who got us on.....Barr shot a 68 i think....I came in several strokes behind Dave and Gellert....lol....they could both outdrive me by 100 yards.....it was 90 degrees that day and I think i actually shot a 90.....😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Concerned????....Newsflash, Dave......DENVER LOST by 15!!!...they may move the ball well but play ZERO Defense and if ORU loses at home to the Pioneers then we deserve to not finish in the top half of the Summit League....TheEagleman agrees that the regular season title is up for grabs among several teams but despite their loss at home to the Bison last night I would still consider SDSU to be the favorite.....but don't count out our Golden Eagles....gotta win vs Denver at home tomorrow night and I think we will do just that!  Good Guys wouldn't lose on Hall of Fame Night....would they???   😮:tb-white:😉

Like I said I didn't see the second half. But I have seen our defense stand flat footed way too many times to assume they will apply the necessary pressure against the Pioneers. Lets hope they come out with intensity and shut 'em down early and hard. 

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

The Great Bill Glasson from Edmond, OK...

???

Bill came to ORU from California (he was born in Fresno, but I think was living and going to school somewhere in southern California when he started college); he's operated out of Stillwater, OK since his PGA tour days.

Perhaps you are thinking of OSU All-American Bob Tway from Edmond around the same time?

Sorry perhaps I am mistaken...another senior moment....😬

Spoiler

• Like 1

Can we get Mid court Max in the Hall of Fame?  What is taking ORU so long!Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

Good Guys are only -3.5 at home tonight so Vegas still with doubts like all of us about this team. ORU has already beaten the Pioneers on the road and expecting a large home crowd tonight despite the earthquakes....Home team will rock Mabee Center with a solid effort and rattle the visitors in what should be a high scoring affair....take the over 161.5...............             ORU 91 Denver 83. GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1