SDSU

Keenan Henderson

Summit League frontrunner SDSU heads to Tulsa tomorrow night.  This would be the biggest win of the season for Coach Springmann but the guys will have to bring their A game to win.  Mayo is of course an all star but the Jackrabbits frontline bothers me the most.  William Kyle has turned into a 6'9 beast inside along with Luke Appel.  Tough 1-2 punch inside for SDSU.

Jacks are likely to be favored on the road and ORU just won't be able to handle that front court under the boards....but Expect A Miracle!!! :circle-logoi:

SDSU will be SUPER motivated, considering their embarrassing 79-40 melt down the last time they visited the Mabee Center on 12-19-2022. 

Line started at SDSU -1.5, and has increased to -2.5.  Over/under predicts a 80-77 final (with rounding).

Can ORU lose 3 at home in the same month after winning 21 in a row? Hard to believe but could happen tonight. Jacks are very tough up front and Zeke Mayo will have a big night. Good guys will have to rebound and play solid D which is not usually our forte....huge game for both teams and Eagles will have to jump out early and play from ahead to be victorious....TheEagleman thinks this will be close and the visitors are a 2.5 pt favorite...not often that ORU is a home dog and Mabee Center will be loud and rockin'....this one goes extra time to decide....SDSU 89 ORU 86 😵‍💫

Looking forward to Thompson vs Mayo, that should be worth the price of admission.  One of the best defenders vs one of the best scorers in the league.  Thompson needs to win that battle for ORU to pull the upset tonight.  Also, the Eagles need someone off the bench to help.  Miller was solid vs Omaha and ORU could use his production tonight!

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman really hoping ORU can play well and get a win....its going to take one of our best efforts of the season....GO BLUE!! :circle-logoi:

• Like 1

DJ on fire with 17 in the first half!  Very similar to his first half vs Tulsa.  He has shown up in the big home games.  Great defense by the Eagles, maybe the best of the season, holding SDSU to 30 percent.  I would expect SDSU to make a run in the second half but it is good to be up 11 at haltime!

• Upvote 1

Looks like a complete effort so far by the home team for the first half of play. Low turnovers, aggressive defense, pretty good ball movement. I still do not understand why almost no one ever goes to the basket for offensive rebounds. One thing I have noticed in the last game against Omaha and tonight, Coach Springman is very animated. For those of you who played college ball, do players like that? I would think they do. He's even getting on the ref's for what he thinks are missed calls. I like seeing his involvement. 

So what's the opinion on Adam's bow tie. I'm not a fan. But.....more power to him. If he likes it, maybe it will become a trademark. Who knows.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

When did Weaver become Marcello Vealy?? 🤔 

• Haha 5

A more than solid effort by the Golden Eagles in the first half on both sides of the ball.  Their energy level seems significantly better tonight. 

My man DJ Weaver en fuego behind the arc.  Really good interior play by Jones on both ends of the court as well.  For a reason I can't come up with, SDSU seems determined to challenge our interior defense regardless of the match up...but with little success.  Apple, in particular,, seemed to like his chances against Jones...he may get some counseling on that at halftime.  

The Bunnies are talented so we have got to keep the intensity high, play within ourselves and HIT THOSE BOARDS.

10 minutes ago, dave said:

So what's the opinion on Adam's bow tie. I'm not a fan. But.....more power to him. If he likes it, maybe it will become a trademark. Who knows.

Adam has made a few interesting fashion choices this season.  I love the dude so I'm not going to take a shot.  I wore bow ties at ORU and in the 80's so I'm not opposed to the look but not sure he's made the best choice tonight.  

Was that Adam's daughter in the ORU Cheerleading uni during the postgame on Thursday night?  Whoever it was, she was as cute as can be and it was fun watching her as Adam did his postgame.

Had the same thought,  I was going to ask Adam that on Twitter today but got distracted.

Wooooohooooo!!! HUGE ORU WIN!! :circle-logoi:

The good guys hold on to win a huge game that potentially moves them to third place in the Summit League standings.  It was closer than I would have liked for it to be but not surprising that the Bunnies put up a fight made it a game.  Great effort by the entire team playing hard on both ends.  We need more of this!!!! 

I think it is safe to assume that DJ Weaver is going to be our Advanced Orthopedics Player of the Game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

DJ Weaver 32 points?!?!?!?... TheEagleman couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my face sown to the carpet...😛

• Haha 2

Thompson made some huge plays on the 50-50 balls at the end.  He just continues to make winning plays for 4 years.  DJ's biggest shot may have been that offensive rebound put back at the end.  He has also blocked 6 shots in the last 2 games.  I think it is safe to say the 6th year senior is finally healthy after struggling since the injury around the holidays. 

Another shout out to senior Trey P.  Good 3 and clutch free throw in the last few minutes.  Seniors step up big in Coach Springmann's biggest career win.  Go Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1