ORU at Oklahoma State

theeagleman5

ORU up to +8.5 this morning and TheEagleman thinks this will be another close game with a mediocre Big 12 opponent...Good Guys can win today if we can hit the long ball and refrain from turnovers.....why not?!?!?....ORU 78 OSU 76....:tb-white:

Now ORU + 9.5.  What does Vegas money know???

ORU has played three road games against Big12/SEC opponents BETTER than OSU, and lost by six, eight and in overtime. A 9.5 point margin looks way too healthy from my viewpoint.  

• Upvote 1

My only concern is that OSU is basically in a must win situation.  They know they're struggling and their coach's job is on the line.  The Cowboys have 4 straight at home before Big 12 play begins and it is a chance for them to get some momentum going as they head into conference play.  OSU has also had a week off to prepare for the Eagles and defending the 3 point line.  Just have a feeling this game means more than we think to the Cowboys.

This is very disappointing....😬

Adam said pre game that Smith is now eligible.  That is all he said.  Maybe he had grade issues or off court issues.  Who knows

Just now, Keenan Henderson said:

Adam said pre game that Smith is now eligible.  That is all he said.  Maybe he had grade issues or off court issues.  Who knows

Missed the pregame, thanks. Glad to see him out there.

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Coach Springmann stated that Smith and Jonathan Alexandre were both impacted by the West Virginia legal decision and the NCAA announcement that followed the court action.  This should be very valuable to ORU for the remainder of the season.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Ugh is Ashton smith playing?

Yeah Springmann is losing me with that. Either play him to win the game or not at all. Not when you’re down 20.

Guys, I’ve watched OSU play a half dozen times already this year, and this is by FAR the best half of basketball they’ve played. 

Case in point:  a little grandma all decked out in orange next to me just grabbed her purse at halftime and said, “Welp, I’m headed home. I’ve never seen ‘em play like this before, and I don’t want to be here if they screw it up!” 🤣

• Haha 5

2021 team was 3-5 before the new year. That was Max's sophomore year post Covid

This team can be a repeat of the 2021 team. Too early to throw in the towel.

I’m not going to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ORUSwagger said:

2021 team was 3-5 before the new year. That was Max's sophomore year post Covid

This team can be a repeat of the 2021 team. Too early to throw in the towel.

I’m not going too.

I agree, but this is REALLY tough to watch.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 🤮🤮:shield-logo:

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 🤮🤮:shield-logo:

Gotta love passion. It will get better.

We all wanted to beat OSU and start off better this season. 

Keep in mind Mills by Year #3 got ORU playing above .500 and Year #4 a Conference title and NCAA berth.

Coach Russ will need time but I’m sure he we get results sooner. 

Trust the process.

6 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Now ORU + 9.5.  What does Vegas money know???

ORU has played three road games against Big12/SEC opponents BETTER than OSU, and lost by six, eight and in overtime. A 9.5 point margin looks way too healthy from my viewpoint.  

Another friendly reminder as to why I (thankfully) don't actually place bets...

• Upvote 3

Geez, OSU has some dudes. 

If they continue to hit FOURTEEN threes a game on FIFTY PERCENT shooting, they’ll win the Big XII. 

But if they return to form and Boynton gets fired, his replacement could win 25 games next year IF he can maintain the roster.