On the road again-Texas Tech

Keenan Henderson

9 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

the Eagles really missed guys like Smith (260 lbs.) and Williams (220 lbs.)   ORU losing that toughness for a whole season is really going to hurt.

Very sad and very accurate…

While I think Demari will end up being a solid role player, he really has a very small sample size in blowout games last year. To me he is still a mystery and hopefully will come out of this medical redshirt year feeling 100% physically. 

• Like 1

ORU played tough last night in the Ray Gregg Invitational.  I really thought ORU was about to get blown out when TT went on that run to open the second half. That was a great show of character to get it all the way down to a two possession game in the final 90 seconds or so.

Nice to see Kareem have a strong offensive game.

Lastly, where would ORU be without the addition of Bedford?  He has played stellar all season.  Seemingly no adjustment time from JUCO to D1.  He's hit the ground running.

• Upvote 5

AGAIN, in spite of not being able to rebound--Especially on the defensive end, we had a game going into the half.  Behind by only 4.  The Red Raiders went on a 10-0 run in ~75 seconds!  The Tecnical foul on DJ was a devastating.

We played catch-up the rest of the night.  Much like, Texas A&M and K-State, this was another winnable game.  Let's hope we start getting some rebounds and a few breaks late in the season.  It's maddening to watch our opponents get so many 50/50 rebounds, loose balls and have so many breaks go their way.

image.png

• Upvote 3

I know it was against inferior opponents, but Moore sure looks like he has the fundamentals for rebounding down.  I think he could help us now in stretches.  Looked good on offense too.  Again, could be the competition.

• Upvote 4

I know I have mentioned it before, but Vanover would have made a big difference on this team last night.  We gave up so many easy putbacks that Vanover could have defended and Vanover would have certainly snagged a few more rebounds.

Nonetheless, I thought Sir Isaac Herron played well last night and seems to be growing in confidence.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I know I have mentioned it before, but Vanover would have made a big difference on this team last night.  We gave up so many easy putbacks that Vanover could have defended and Vanover would have certainly snagged a few more rebounds.

Nonetheless, I thought Sir Isaac Herron played well last night and seems to be growing in confidence.

Sir Isaac has been really good. I do think his defensive rotations are sometimes off, but I noticed McBride and Weaver correcting him when they got a chance and he looked like he was soaking it in. The lob play he caught and laid in over the 7-footer was impressive. 

Overall, I think Tech’s defense is the best we’ll see until the NCAA tournament. They didn’t allow anything easy inside. Their perimeter defense was stellar too except for a couple of times they left Bedford open. I don’t think they expected him to blow up like he did. Given the defense we were playing against, our shooting was spectacular and kept us in the game. If DJ or McBride were able to shoot a little better, we might have stolen a win. 

I really love the character of this team! The coaching staff is doing excellent work as well as this team gets better every game. I also feel like I see little wrinkles in the offense that I didn’t see the game before. Additionally, the out of timeout plays were stellar. If we can keep improving, then I think this team is capable of being really special. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5