ORU at Kansas State

theeagleman5

21 hours ago, dbl78 said:

After the game and the handshake line, Tang met McBride on the court, and after a big hug, put his arm around his shoulder and had, what appeared to be, a good conversation.

The good conversation.....  "Son, we have a place for you next season if you want to come to the Big 12 and make some change.  Your buddy, Abmas, dumped us but we will make it worth your while."

It happens all the time..... 🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

McBride sounds like the kind of guy who has found a home at ORU after poor experiences at KU and Vandy.....he said in his own words that he is not interested in NIL $$$ and frankly, how much would he really get??  Doubtful that this kid leaves ORU....he seems to have integrity.....which is a rare commodity these days.....:tb-white:

Mackey is a great young man, but he is human.  You would think less of him if he didn't take a look at his options (after graduating, which he is on track for) and do what was best for him.  Like Max, I would want what is best for Max once he has fulfilled his commitment (graduation).

Well, I guess I should have read the rest of the thread before making my last two posts.  I have created redundancy in the face of lengthening this topic.  🤦‍♂️

I loved the play to get the slam for Herron to tie the game.  That is some solid coaching and execution under pressure.  

It would have been nice to get another bucket when we had the ball with a 2 point lead about halfway through overtime. That might have caused the Wildcats to tighten up a little bit.  Oh well it was still a solid effort and hopefully a sign of good things to come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kansas State beat Villanova in OT last night helping to make ORU's OT loss to the Wildcats look a little better.....Nova not the juggernaut they used to be but still a pretty good Big East team.....should help our rankings.....:tb-white:

• Upvote 1

I read last night that the Villanova win was the third OT win in a row for Kansas State(including ORU), and the fourth this season!