Texas Southern

Keenan Henderson

Here is my take on the game. I won't state the obvious that ORU played a horrible !st half. Texas Southern is predicted to finish 1st in the SWAC which we all know isn't a strong conference but 1st is still 1st. I thought Texas Southern was a very quick, athletic and disciplined team. They only had 8 turnovers to our 7. They shot extremely well beyond the arc. Being down 11 at half against a team that was playing well and us coming back was impressive. Seeing a guy like Sir Isaac step up at the right time was very encouraging. I feel like our beloved Eagles took a step forward towards growing up in the 2nd half. We finished strong! A big part of winning is learning how to win! Bogus and i saw each other at half and tried to encourage  one another if you know what i mean! I feel as though the Sir Isaac/Josh Jones combo will continue to get better and really help us in conference play. Our guard play with McBride and Bedford is strong. Great crowd last night which was reported  around 5800, not bad for this time of the year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

They shot extremely well beyond the arc. 

Prior to last night's game, TSU was the worst 3-point shooting team in the nation (OT gets credit for that find), and yet we bring the best out in some teams that visit the Mabee.  TSU was shooting 50% from the arc at halftime and we could not stop it. 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Bogus Smith said:

Prior to last night's game, TSU was the worst 3-point shooting team in the nation (OT gets credit for that find), and yet we bring the best out in some teams that visit the Mabee.  TSU was shooting 50% from the arc at halftime and we could not stop it. 🤦‍♂️

Special "skill" of the Mabee Center - give visiting teams and/or players their best shooting night of the season. Been doing it for years!! Michael Watson ring a bell?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Special "skill" of the Mabee Center - give visiting teams and/or players their best shooting night of the season. Been doing it for years!! Michael Watson ring a bell?

I have heard for years that the MC has very forgiving rims. Could that be  a major cause for visiting teams to shoot well on our home court? 

• Upvote 1