Texas Southern

Keenan Henderson

Well the good guys gutted it out to win 65-63.  @theeagleman5 was right about liking the visitors to cover.  Clutch free throws down the stretch.  

• Upvote 1

Bedford continues to impress.  He plays with a lot of heart and energy and was a key in the second half.  The rebounding was very strong in the last 20 minutes as ORU outrebounded the Tigers by 8 and by 41-39 total.  

Even though Kareem struggled, I thought he made a smart play at the end when he fouled the TSU guy with about 2 seconds left and made their last shot very difficult.  Still need to work on the free throws, as ORU missed three 1 and 1's.  Good win for the Eagles and 18 in a row on the home court.  Defend the Mabee!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Nothing extra for style points....we will take this ORU victory and enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday. GO BLUE!! 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice to see good minutes from Sir Issac.  I thought he provided the spark for the second half run.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Williams and Miller were both in sweat suits tonight and ORU played only 7 guys.  I thought the defense was good in the second half and ORU may have to grind out a lot of these types of games over the season.  The Eagles just do not have the firepower to put up 80 plus a night as we have seen over the last 3-4 years.

The guys get a week off for the holidays and hopefully get healed up.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  Enjoy the food and family time.  Praise God for the win tonight!

• Like 1

"You always get your money's worth with ORU!" Says my buddy and long time ORU fan. We got our money's worth tonight!!

• Upvote 5

Both the radio broadcast and the Midco Sports Plus video stoped broadcasting the post-game show before Adam talked to Springmann. Where can we hear what Coach Springmann said to Adam Hildebrandt? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Nothing extra for style points....we will take this ORU victory and enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday. GO BLUE!! 😍

Yes we will! 😂 

I’m new to this group but you guys are a hoot! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and see y’all Dec. 2 vs Tulsa! Should be a packed house. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Even playing badly, it’s a really big win, if only because it would have been a really bad loss. We really don’t have a bad loss yet. Losing to Missouri State, Texas A&M, and UT Arlington on the road are not bad losses. Losing to Texas Southern at home would have been. Sometimes you don’t play well enough to win, so you just have to refuse to lose. 

• Upvote 4

Watched the replay of the game late last night. The first half was tough to watch as we came out flat but the good guys didn't quit.  A few thoughts below.

- Texas Southern hit a LOT of heavily contested 3-pointers and long jumpers. I thought our defense was solid, especially in the 2nd half.

- The Herron and Weaver big man combo is long and athletic, they caused a lot of problems for the TS bigs. Herron's energy was a difference maker.

-I Would have to re-watch to be sure but I believe there were 4 passes into the post where our bigs attempted to make a shot and we scored all 4 times. Two for Weaver and one each for Herron and Jones. Would love to see more of that.

- It's early but I feel like Springmann is doing a good job of fixing issues from one game to another. Rebounding tonight was much improved and our guards were in the mix constantly to hit the glass.

-Before the season started, I guessed that Bedford would be sitting at the end of the bench, I was sooo wrong. He is a massive contributor and doesn't seem to have the learning curve we've been accustomed to from guys coming up from the JUCO level.

- Jones did a nice job in the last 6 or 7 minutes of boxing out and he avoided fouling out. 

• Upvote 4

Crowd of 5893 is impressive for a Tuesday Night when classes are already done for the long holiday weekend.....lots of students from photos i have seen.....looks like the TU game could have an even much larger turnout especially with the Golden Hurricane racking up wins vs. garbage competition.....Mayors Cup match up in 10 days should be very interesting this year.....it's a game ORU will need to take if we want to have a decent OOC record......GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

7 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I Would have to re-watch to be sure but I believe there were 4 passes into the post where our bigs attempted to make a shot and we scored all 4 times. Two for Weaver and one each for Herron and Jones. Would love to see more of that.

I second this. FEED THE POST!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Anybody who could re-watch this game deserves a medal and personally TheEagleman would have to be heavily inebriated....tough one to watch for 40 minutes...🍷🍺🍷🍷🍺

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Speaking of injuries, does anyone have an update on Jalen Miller?  The way he walked off after the fall under the basket looked pretty ugly😰

Demari may be cleared in time for the Tulsa game.  No guarantees, but hopefully he is progressing well from his injuries.  

Jalen was in a leg brace and looked very uncomfortable (who doesn't with a leg brace), but Coach Bostic stated in the pre-game report that he didn't think Jalen would be out long.  Hopefully looks are deceiving.

• Upvote 1