Texas Southern

Keenan Henderson

We are about two days from the home matchup with Texas Southern.  They have played the toughest schedule in college basketball and do not even have a home game until December.  So because of that, Texas Southern is really struggling: averages 48 points a game and shoots 30% of the field.  Just hope they do not heat up on Tuesday night and ORU can keep them off the offensive boards.

• Upvote 1

I am expecting ORU to play well in front of their home crowd and give us a W! Looking forward to a trip to the Mabee Center!

• Like 3

I would expect Texas Southern to play very tough and crash the boards.  It should be a close game but ORU will finish with a run and win 66-60.  Texas Southern has been on the road for a couple of weeks and I think they will run out of gas in the last 5 minutes of the game.  This should be win #18 in a row inside the Mabee Center.

On a side note: Texas Southern has a 6'8 200 lbs. forward named O'neal, which is Shaq's son.  He is not quite as big and fierce as his dad!

Shaq Jr. at TSU???....could be a problem for ORU under the boards.....both teams combined are 1-7....oh gosh....this should be a classic.....are the students home for Thanksgiving Break???.....removes a lot of the home advantage......TheEagleman agrees with Keenan that this could be a close game decided in the final moments....take Texas Southern and the points....would expect them to get at least 6 or 7......then again if I were still wagering would have taken Texas A&M last Friday and laid the 20.5.....that would have been a big loss......:tb-white:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....are the students home for Thanksgiving Break???.....removes a lot of the home advantage......

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the last day of class before T’Giving break starts. 

ORU is -8.5.....kinda like the Visitors. 🤩

57 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU is -8.5.....kinda like the Visitors. 🤩

After the improvement over the past ten days, I like the home team and will gladly give the points.  And, I’d probably go with the under of 142.5.  ORU 72-61

That's a large jump overnight.....and tells TheEagleman that the smart money is going for ORU......but I am sticking with Texas Southern +10.5 because I am not THAT smart......expecting the Good Guys to win but might not be pretty.....ORU 75  Texas Southern 69.....:tb-blue:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's a large jump overnight.....and tells TheEagleman that the smart money is going for ORU......but I am sticking with Texas Southern +10.5 because I am not THAT smart......expecting the Good Guys to win but might not be pretty.....ORU 75  Texas Southern 69.....:tb-blue:

Nope. Tonight the good guys will finally put a full game together and easily cover. And I'll be joining @OKC Eagle on the 4th row to cheer them on! Go BIG BLUE!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Surely hope you are right, Grip....Good Guys could use a nice big win and clear the bench late.....anybody have a clue when Demari Williams will be returning? We need that dude in the rotation....:tb-white:

Speaking of injuries, does anyone have an update on Jalen Miller?  The way he walked off after the fall under the basket looked pretty ugly😰

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Speaking of injuries, does anyone have an update on Jalen Miller?  The way he walked off after the fall under the basket looked pretty ugly😰

If no one on the board knows the injury update I will do my best to get one tonight on Jalen Miller and Demari Williams

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Is that Miller in the third picture?

Great catch, Terry - you can just see his No. 12 on the shoulder of his practice jersey; he's also in the second picture, standing behind Jailen Bedford.

• Like 1

Brutal first half performance...🤬

• Like 1

ORU looks really flat and fell behind 9-0 out of the gate.  Where is the energy/life tonight?  I hope they wake up in the second half or it may be a long night.

• Like 1

After what appears to have been a lackluster first half, the Golden Eagles have come out swinging in the second half.  Currently tied 49-49 with 10:19 to go.  The momentum seems to have shifted.  Hopefully they can finish strong and get the W.