Mid American Christian at ORU

theeagleman5

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz🙄👎🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There should be a lot of shots from beyond the arc on Friday night. as the Evangels (yes, not a typo) have shot over 40% of their FG attempts from long range in their three early-season games.  To this point, they haven't been very successful, only cashing in on 21% (again, not a typo) of their 3pt FG attempts.  Despite their poor shooting stats, they are 2-1 on the season, including a 76-62 victory over future ORU opponent Ozark Christian.

Their guards are undersized (5-11 and 6-1), but the three other projected starters should match up well with ORU at 6-6, 6-6. and 6-9.

• Haha 1

All ORU Alums should be admitted free and provided with a $25 voucher for food and drink.....TheEagleman will refrain from any more negative comments about this match up but suffice it to say.....this is a travesty especially for a Homecoming Game....ORU 122  MAC 39....:circle-logoi:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz🙄👎🤢

My thoughts exactly 😦

40 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

All ORU Alums should be admitted free and provided with a $25 voucher for food and drink.....TheEagleman will refrain from any more negative comments about this match up but suffice it to say.....this is a travesty especially for a Homecoming Game....ORU 122  MAC 39....:circle-logoi:

Truth, If it was a decent team I might go to homecoming 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The main thing is to rebound the ball better and MACU is a good rebounding team.  They have been out rebounding their opponents by 12 per game.  This is a good game to see some of the new faces: Moore, Miller, and Smith (if healthy).  Calling it Trey has a big game: 20 points and the player of the game award!

9 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

This is a good game to see some of the new faces: Moore, Miller, and Smith (if healthy).

If the rumor mill is correct, Smith's issues aren't physical. 

They involve eligibility. 

And, they're season-ending.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

If the rumor mill is correct, Smith's issues aren't physical. 

They involve eligibility. 

And, they're season-ending.

I heard the same thing from a good source. Very unfortunate news.

SDSU vs Dakota Wesleyan
NDSU vs Mount Marty
ORU vs MACU
St Thomas vs North Central MN
UND vs Valley City St
Omaha vs Doane
UMKC vs Avila
South Dakota vs Mount Marty

All within first week of the season. I agree if you want a better opponent, you might want to move homecoming to a different date.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

SDSU vs Dakota Wesleyan
NDSU vs Mount Marty
ORU vs MACU
St Thomas vs North Central MN
UND vs Valley City St
Omaha vs Doane
UMKC vs Avila
South Dakota vs Mount Marty

All within first week of the season. I agree if you want a better opponent, you might want to move homecoming to a different date.

Looks like Mount Marty is the next school to join the Summit League.  😲

• Haha 3

Geez....we must really stink....🤐

Unfortunately, the rebounding issues and free throw shooting woes were not resolved between games number one and two.  Now, add three-point defense to that list of concerns.  Whoa…😮‍💨

• Upvote 4

Out-rebounded by an NAIA school? Pathetic....ORU fortunate to win on Homecoming Night.....not gonna throw in the towel yet but this could be a difficult season.....TheEagleman expected more....😬

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:28 PM, MrsSmith said:

Another of the 5000 reasons why homecoming should be in January or February!!

Don’t you have strong ties w/ Mike Carter? Let’s get the conversation going!

22 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Out-rebounded by an NAIA school? Pathetic....ORU fortunate to win on Homecoming Night.....not gonna throw in the towel yet but this could be a difficult season.....TheEagleman expected more....😬

Give it time. Team is learning each other & coaches. 

At current level of play, lower division finish conceivable in the Summit League.

Lots of obvious areas for improvement; disciplined intensity on the offensive end No. 1 on the list, with defensive rebounding a close second. 

…and a little more work on the free throw shooting wouldn’t hurt, either. 🫣😬

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

LOL - I arrived at the game during intros and this death fog had already dissipated.  Must have been something!

Just wondering whether all the first-born in the building were struck down in its aftermath…  #TheTenCommandments

• Haha 3

I was expecting some rough sledding early on this season but not an avalanche! Either one of 2 things: 1) we are not used to playing with one another and therefore not comfortable or 2) we don’t have the players and talent to compete at a high level. I hope numbers 1 is correct. Time will tell.