Wichita State Predictions

eagle88

Thanks for sharing, OT....TheEagleman didn't know this kind of stuff....so my mind has changed.....i now WILL ROOT AGAINST Wichita State every game....and hope that Shocker Fans ride Mills unmercifully......the guy really conned me and most ORU fans from the sound of it.....just thought he was a mighty man of Valor and Integrity....but apparently not.....he was just after a bigger job and more money.......Max left and guess he decided he would also.....adios, pal!!! 🤢:hc_mills:🙄

• Haha 1

Context:  Bob Lutz is the father of sports talk radio in Wichita; according to @ORUTerry he can make or break a coach's career with his opinions.

He was not a fan of the HCPM hiring in the first place; appears even less so in this Twitter post from Wednesday night:

Bob Lutx Twitter 1_24_24.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's still early for Mills; Barry Hinson stayed for nine seasons at Missouri State before vitriolic fans - and a winning record (169-117) but failure to reach the NCAA Tournament - chased him out.

HCPM may not have that long of a leash. 

This has become TheEaglemans' favorite thread.....I love it so......HAHAHAHA!!! image.png.ea7019defd33577312382dfaf80290a6.png

• Haha 1

You reap what you sow....just sayin'

On 1/24/2024 at 11:50 PM, Old Titan said:

BREAKING NEWS:  Remember how HCPM waxed so elequently right after the move about the Wichita State fanbase being so special?

Well, midway through the season, he's finding out just how special they are:  the game thread on the Shocker fan forum for tonight's loss to middling East Carolina is at NINETEEN PAGES...and counting!

I'm just now getting into the gist of it, but suffice it to say most of the comments are NOT about how special HCPM is.... 😬

Wichita State vs. East Carolina Game Thread 1/24/24

Noon, Friday:  25 pages...and counting.

Sincere conversations re: where the money might come for a buyout, and whether or not the AD and/or school president should be fired because of the hire, with their replacement(s) in turn axing HCPM before the donor bleeding reaches critical levels.

Honeymoon is not only over; it's gone straight to therapy.

• Haha 1

This song came to mind:

• Upvote 1

WSU is on an 0-8 run, and fans are hacked. One guy has the solution, though: 

"I am beginning to think we need to totally clean house- The WSU President, Athletic Director and the basketball coach."

That should help.

• Haha 1

The perfect case for the grass isn't always greener and $$$ doesn't buy happiness.....just wondering if this former ORU coach is deeply regretting his decision to leave 7777 So. Lewis??? 😛:hc_mills:😬

I will give credit where it is due. HCPM and the Shockers upset SMU at home today to get their first conference win of the season. Turning point or aberration?  We shall see. 

• Like 3

Even a blind squirrel finds an occasional nut.....:hc_mills:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

I will give credit where it is due. HCPM and the Shockers upset SMU at home today to get their first conference win of the season. Turning point or aberration?  We shall see. 

Mood What GIF by NBC

On 1/26/2024 at 12:32 PM, Old Titan said:

Noon, Friday:  25 pages...and counting.

Sincere conversations re: where the money might come for a buyout, and whether or not the AD and/or school president should be fired because of the hire, with their replacement(s) in turn axing HCPM before the donor bleeding reaches critical levels.

Honeymoon is not only over; it's gone straight to therapy.

There is also a 40 page...I'll repeat that 40 page thread about HCPM and his future at Wichita St.  I'd like to thank Shocker Nation for living up to our expectations.  I didn't read all 40 pages but there's a lot of complaining about all the dead money they still owe the last two coaches being the reason the current coach won't get fired until after year 3.  Kind of unreal.

In the SMU thread they talk about attendance being down to 2,500 for home games and how the place looks empty on TV.  It's a jungle out there.  

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:29 PM, tmh8286 said:

HCPM may not have that long of a leash. 

I think Mills is actually pretty safe.

WSU is currently paying 3 coaches (Marshall, Brown, & Mills) so until that situation changes I think Mills is fine even with a bad record.

• Like 1

Interesting game on CBS at noon tomorrow: Shockers at Memphis.  We can see Mills in action on CBS.  Memphis has fallen apart after losing at home to Rice!

22 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Interesting game on CBS at noon tomorrow: Shockers at Memphis.  We can see Mills in action on CBS.  Memphis has fallen apart after losing at home to Rice!

Thanks for the heads up. Shockers up by 6 at the half 30-24. 

Would love to hear @Old Titan’s thoughts on HCPM wearing a sweatshirt as part of his sideline attire. 

Ouch!  Memphis takes their first lead of the game with 40 seconds to go and hits a dagger midrange jumper to take the lead for good with 2.8 seconds remaining. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Otis 83 said:

11Ouch!  Memphis takes their first lead of the game with 40 seconds to go and hits a dagger midrange jumper to take the lead for good with 2.8 seconds remaining. 

Paul Mills, in the immortal words of my dad, can't win for losin'!!