Opening night - UT Arlington

Keenan Henderson

On 11/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, Dave Connor said:

I purchased 4 tickets for the UTA game using the link that was in the October 26th ORU Golden Eagle Club email. When I entered the promo code ORU23 it took me to the site showing that section 106 is reserved for ORU fans. The tickets were $5 each with no processing fee or tax, so I paid $20. 

We are in 106 E 1-5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Correction to my earlier post re: the Vegas line for the game:  the site I was originally looking at had the spread from TWO YEARS AGO, when the Mavs played in Tulsa.  The current line actually opened up as a pick-em, and is now UTA -1. 

Same total as two years ago, though:  144 points.  I STILL think it will go "over" that amount...

That's BOLD.....🤩

As has been mentioned before, both of these teams have a lot of mystery to them.  It should come down to the final 5 minutes on Monday night.  We may need McBride or Thompson to hit a big shot at the end to win.  Get the heart medicine out on Monday night!  It may be a rollercoaster ride!

Maverick fan here. You guys should win this game . I know you lost a lot of talent from the really good team you had the last couple of years, but you retained a lot of talent also.  Plus you always seem to have decent teams. 

• Like 4

So based on what people are hearing from the courtside countdown is that D Williams and Pablo Navarro are out for Monday night's contest.  That really shrinks the bench down to size.  Both guys are 6'6 and bring some nice size to the middle of the defense (spots 2-4 on the court).  Hoping Moore from BYU can fill that gap until Williams gets back.  As the old saying goes next man up!

On 11/2/2023 at 10:33 PM, Sterns78 said:

We are in 106 E 1-5

I should be in 106 as well.  Currently 106 E 6-8 are available. 😬

I swear the last time I went to UTA for an ORU baseketball game Markius Barnes was taking 20 25 footers a game and the game was played on the stage at Texas Hall or some other auditorium on the UTA campus.  Could that be right?

Getting excited for tomorrow night's opening match up.  It will be interesting to see how Springmann runs the team.  Yes, he has a lot of experience and will do fine.  Some questions that I am looking forward to being answered: does McBride play all 40 minutes such as Max use to do, who steps up to help lead the frontline (rebounding and paint defense), and does ORU still shoot a lot of 3s or look to pass more often and set up their teammates?  Finally after a long off season we can stop guessing about this mystery group.

I hope all the forum members who go to the game have a great time and bring home an Eagle victory!

TheEagleman has been really going back and forth on this one....hard to get past the fact that ORU has not won a season opening road game outside of Tulsa since 1981 which is a lifetime ago....TheEagleman was just a young lad of 27 with two young kids and a different wife and ORU were the Titans....i drove from my home in Philly up I-95 about 50 miles to Jadwin Gym in Princeton to watch ORU win that one over a Pete Carrill coached Tigers team playing that methodical offense that slowed the game to a crawl.....Titans pulled that one out late i think about 61-55 or something like that....can our now Golden Eagles overcome this 42 year drought tomorrow night in Arlington?....well.....IN SPRINGMANN I TRUST....and maybe a little McBride, Weaver and Thompson also.....lots of new players on both sides so hard to predict but TheEagleman thinks those three guys can be the difference.....TX-Arlington is a 1.5 point favorite but I like ORU outright in this one with hopefully a couple hundred Golden Eagle faithful cheering them on the a 1-0 record to start the Springmann Era.....ORU 77 UTA 73....GO BLUE!!!! :tb-white:

• Upvote 4

A LOT of prognosticators listing ORU as a lock for moneyline bets today; good value as a 2-point-to-pick-em road dog.

Governor Stitt has FINALLY put forth a proposal for legalized sports betting in Oklahoma.  Though it's vague, confusing, and did not involve the tribal governments (shocking), hopefully it will get the ball rolling for his successor to make it possible to get a bet down on the Golden Eagles locally and legally in my lifetime.

• Haha 1

I think it’s extremely valuable to know who your leaders are on a team coming into a new season. ORU clearly has their Big 3. In today’s day and age, that gives them a leg up on most teams at this point in the season. I think ORU will win this one, and I don’t think it should be super close. However, with it being a road game, it could be tighter than I expect. 

2 hours ago, Idig32 said:

I think it’s extremely valuable to know who your leaders are on a team coming into a new season. ORU clearly has their Big 3. In today’s day and age, that gives them a leg up on most teams at this point in the season. I think ORU will win this one, and I don’t think it should be super close. However, with it being a road game, it could be tighter than I expect. 

From your lips to God's ears.....I hope you're right about the win.  I don't care how we do it or how pretty/ugly it looks....we want a "W"!!

Pregame medical status, from the audio broadcast:  Demari and Pablo both "have knee injuries and will be out for a few weeks" (!), plus Kareem turned an ankle this past week "but he should be fine; he's a tough guy."