23-24 Preseason Prognostications

Old Titan

Summit League and ORU forecasts from assorted national experts and bloggers, as we await the only prediction that really matters:  TrueBlue82's '23-'24 outlook. 🐐

ORU at No. 2 in this profile from MajorMadness.com, with thumbnils for each conference team in subsequent tweets (do we still call them "tweets", or are they now "exes"?  #smh) 

• Upvote 4

ORU and the Dakotas are battling it out for the crown, basically the same as the last 3-4 years.  With all the talent ORU lost, I would take #2 in the conference everyday and all day! 

On a side note has anyone seen the basketball mags in the stores?  It seems like they are out by now but have not seen them at Wal-Mart.  Usually they predict the league standings and write a few paragraphs on each Summit League team.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Summit League and ORU forecasts from assorted national experts and bloggers, as we await the only prediction that really matters:  TrueBlue82's '23-'24 outlook. 🐐

ORU at No. 2 in this profile from MajorMadness.com, with thumbnils for each conference team in subsequent tweets (do we still call them "tweets", or are they now "exes"?  #smh) 

Still considered tweets. 

1 hour ago, Elis Flight Crew said:

Still considered tweets. 

I was being ironical.

(and this comment is ironical as well.)

On 9/25/2023 at 4:26 PM, Old Titan said:

I was being ironical.

(and this comment is ironical as well.)

Gotcha…..🙌😂

Here are some player predictions for all conference: McBride (1st team), Thompson (2nd team), and Weaver (honorable mention).  Also, each of these three guys will break into the 1,000 point club at some point in 2024.  Jalen Miller will be on the edge of the All Newcomer Team but will just miss out.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, titansforever said:

I didn't want to start a new topic. Since this is about MBB (and WBB), thought I'd add it here.

https://thesummitleague.org/news/2023/10/2/mens-basketball-summit-league-to-host-basketball-media-day-at-premier-center.aspx 

Reminds me of when the Summit League previously had head coaches of each school trek to Sioux Falls for conference media day, and Paul Mills was a no-show due to minor injuries from a fender-bender, sending no one else from the staff in his place. 

Seem to recall he was running around the Mabee Center practice floor the next day or so, with a couple of facial scratches and wearing a ball cap to presumably hide other superficial injuries. 🤔

• Haha 2

It is exciting to see the season approaching (about a month until tipoff)!  Coach Springmann and McBride led this rebuilt edition of Eagles, with so many new faces/end of the bench guys needing to step up, for the upcoming year.  I would expect Coach to maybe mention 1 or 2 players who have shined in practice and are ready to help in 23-24.  

High expectations from Erik Haslam!  6 losses total (one of which by 2 points!), preseason ranking of 104, and a projected 1 seed in the Summit tourney (SDSU is projected 3 conference losses according to his metrics compared to our 1)

Of course, this IS just a preseason projection...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is an incredibly positive outlook, and would make Russell Springmann a shoo-in for conference COY.

But, I'm reminded of (and cautioned by) that classic ol' disclaimer for investment advertising:  "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

• Like 1

Just an inane comment but since Coach Mills and his Shockers have to come to Tulsa for a visit.....why not swing over to 7777 So. Lewis for what would be an extremely interesting match up....oh yeah I forgot.....our former leader is a Foghorn Leghorn Quotes Updated Jun 2022

• Like 2

Went to Barnes and Nobles today and they had the new Lindsey's basketball magazine.  They were not as high on ORU, placing the Eagles as 5th in the Summit League.  Basically the article said that while ORU had enough offensive firepower to compete for a title, the Eagles had just lost too much talent to graduation/portal.  They were high on Trey, saying that he should return to his 21-22 season form (8.4 points per game).

Lindsey had St. Thomas (3rd) and North Dakota (4th) ahead of ORU in the Summit League Standings.  St. Thomas has picked up a 6'4 guard, who was an All-American at D3 level last year and North Dakota also found some good transfers.

Those magazines like Lindseys are clueless....basically put the copy next to your toilet and use it when you run out of Scott's bathroom tissue......😛:oru:😎

• Haha 1