ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

TheEagleman also commented to the Mrs. about obvious profanity you could pick up on ESPN early in the game...took those idiots at ESPN a good hour to finally turn off that microphone....hey, a home advantage is expected to include loud obnoxious fans trying to intimidate the visiting team but that crudeness was uncalled for and sorry but those two goofy ESPN broadcasters totally ignored it and you could hear the same guy F bombing over and over....glad that the Good Guys didn't pay attention and surely were not intimidated.....and yeah, that was an 11-6 A$$ whoppin' that could have been a lot worse really.......just happy to see that ORU Baseball rose above that....:tb-blue:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Sounds like there will be a bunch of us there!!

I am making arrangements to head up there as well! Such an incredible weekend to be a Golden Eagle.

I love ORU baseball!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman also commented to the Mrs. about obvious profanity you could pick up on ESPN early in the game...took those idiots at ESPN a good hour to finally turn off that microphone....hey, a home advantage is expected to include loud obnoxious fans trying to intimidate the visiting team but that crudeness was uncalled for and sorry but those two goofy ESPN broadcasters totally ignored it and you could hear the same guy F bombing over and over....glad that the Good Guys didn't pay attention and surely were not intimidated.....and yeah, that was an 11-6 A$$ whoppin' that could have been a lot worse really.......just happy to see that ORU Baseball rose above that....:tb-blue:

I was surprised to hear it and at times I think I hey were swearing at there own pitcher 

• Haha 1

2 things I know this morning. # 1 ORU is going to the World Series and # 2 Richard is still a poser!

• Haha 3

These last two years in ORU sports have been as good as it gets: Sweet 16 and now College World Series!  What a time to celebrate what God has done through ORU.  Go Eagles beat TCU!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

TheEagleman just had to ask....anybody think RR and LR were watching this weekend???....and what might be going thru their minds?.....one thing was proven....EXPECT A MIRACLE.....and you shall receive!!!....:shield-logo:

6 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman just had to ask....anybody think RR and LR were watching this weekend???....and what might be going thru their minds?.....one thing was proven....EXPECT A MIRACLE.....and you shall receive!!!....:shield-logo:

I think you should reach out to The Roberts and report back….😂George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

In the game recap story this morning, the Tulsa World mentions in passing that ORU will open CWS play on SATURDAY, not Friday as previously anticipated. 

Not seeing any CWS game dates or times anywhere else yet; safe to presume that Saturday is premature?

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

In the game recap story this morning, the Tulsa World mentions in passing that ORU will open CWS play on SATURDAY, not Friday as previously anticipated. 

Not seeing any CWS game dates or times anywhere else yet; safe to presume that Saturday is premature?

I've seen ORU in Bracket 2 several times, and the Bracket 2 games kick off on Saturday according to this: https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2023-06-12/2023-ncaa-baseball-bracket-mens-college-world-series-scores-schedule

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I sure hope it is.  I had seen it suggested that we would play Friday so I made my travel arrangements assuming we would play Friday and Sunday.  Of course plans can be changed as needed.  Should we start a thread for those that are going to make plans and exchange itineraries?

10 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

What ORob2 says.  This wrap-up article from ESPN states a Saturday meeting with TCU, too.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/37837666/wake-forest-hits-record-tying-nine-hrs-advances-mcws

Th interactive bracket at ncaa.com has us in bracket 2, facing TCU and then Florida-Virginia. https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2023?utm_campaign=inline-article

But I think that may be a placeholder, or someone just put those teams in the wrong bracket. The ORU site article says the schedule will be set tonight. Last year all the Friday super regional winners played in the Friday CWS bracket. https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2022-06-26/2022-mens-college-world-series-bracket-scores-di-baseball-tournament

And I can’t believe they’d make the winners of the 2 games today play again on Friday with only 3 days off while others who finished game 3 on Sunday get 5. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses.  I know we're playing TCU in Bracket #2, and I know the time has not yet been announced.  I'm just trying to nail down the Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday aspect. 

I'm not seeing anything official about the days each bracket play this first weekend; only the ESPN and Tulsa World articles.  It makes little sense for the as-yet-undetermined Texas/Stanford and Southern Miss/Tennessee winners in Bracket #1 to play a day sooner on Friday instead of Saturday, does it?

Appears we're playing Saturday based on direct NCAA sources.

Based on the information below, I would guess we're Game 3 in Bracket 2. Playing Saturday, June 17th at 1PM. (ESPN will want to show Florida vs Virginia during prime time.)

CWS bracket straight from NCAA: College World Series Bracket

image.png.6ea6bb89b03bac6266118362d5ac5a1a.png

Schedule of CWS straight from NCAA: College World Series Bracket Schedule

2023-MCWS-Bracket.jpg?itok=mZvx9xmU

However, the times have not been set officially: College World Series Daily Schedule

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1