ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

What a comeback. This team did not let last night’s disappointment, or challenges tonight, shake their confidence or tempt them to quit. What a great win!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ting said:

So, with the number of pitches Denton threw tonight, is he still able to pitch tomorrow? Yes right?

Fowler, Kowalski, Isaacs, Denton for tomorrow night?

He’s like….21 yrs old or something. Yes, he can pitch the entire game if needed. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amazing comeback tonight! This team has heart ❤️!! We will win tomorrow night!!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:45 PM, lakesbison said:

HOLY F?&#!!

I went fishing thinking I didn't have to watch anymore.      I'm in shock can't imagine what you guys feel...

dammit come back and win 2 more 

OHHHH. YOURE HALFWAYS THERE...OHHHH LIVIN ON A PRAYER!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sunday game time announced:  5:00pm Central first pitch, ESPNU and ESPN+ broadcasts.

Will anyone on either team get much sleep tonight?  

• Like 1

With his homer in the bottom of the 8th inning that proved SO important one inning later, Jonah Cox now stands alone at No. 5 all-time with 46 straight games with a hit.

He can tie for 3rd all-time in Sunday's game to advance to the CWS:

image.png.bfbbd1eeab4577277f10c1cdfc945a43.png

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Unbelievable.  

Ray kept holding up his Ted Lasso sign “Believe”! What a wonderful game for ORU. Keep on believing!⚾❤️

• Like 3

TheEagleman is completely drained of all emotions after these two games in the past 24 hours...truly Friday Night was the Agony of Defeat and tonight was the Thrill of Victory.....i have no words for the 9th inning comeback I just witnessed and what has to be one of the most clutch hits in ORU history....if we go on to win tomorrow that swing by Quinn will go down in ORU sports lore....just incredible to do what he did....and the previous smash up the middle by McMurray could have been the inning ending DP but it handcuffs the 2nd baseman and we somehow live to fight on......then the walk to load the bases and the Quinn walkoff....did you see the looks on the faces of those Duck fans??...totally stunned as were their players......brutal loss for Oregon but will still expect their best effort in the rubber match.....it is past 1am here in the East and not sure how i will get up for church in the AM....the adrenaline is still flowing....i have watched the replay at least a dozen times...might watch a dozen more.....God, I love it so!!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman also must give CADE DENTON his due....I was ripping the guy earlier but he ended up giving ORU 3.1 innings of very good relief to hold us in the game and if not for the Cox drop in CF it would have been a scoreless outing.....a very clutch performance by our star reliever and you can rest assured that he will be available in game 3 for whatever is needed when Coach Folmer calls on him....ORU should have Fowler and a bunch of guys ready for this biggest game in ORU Baseball history.......:tb-white:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is completely drained of all emotions after these two games in the past 24 hours...truly Friday Night was the Agony of Defeat and tonight was the Thrill of Victory.....i have no words for the 9th inning comeback I just witnessed and what has to be one of the most clutch hits in ORU history....if we go on to win tomorrow that swing by Quinn will go down in ORU sports lore....just incredible to do what he did....and the previous smash up the middle by McMurray could have been the inning ending DP but it handcuffs the 2nd baseman and we somehow live to fight on......then the walk to load the bases and the Quinn walkoff....did you see the looks on the faces of those Duck fans??...totally stunned as were their players......brutal loss for Oregon but will still expect their best effort in the rubber match.....it is past 1am here in the East and not sure how i will get up for church in the AM....the adrenaline is still flowing....i have watched the replay at least a dozen times...might watch a dozen more.....God, I love it so!!!! :tb-blue:

For the record:  Blaze Brothers had the hot smash up the middle that bounced up the arm of the Ducks second baseman; who did a nice job just to knock it down.  It was ruled a hit by the official scorer, but I'm guessing if you asked him, the second baseman would probably say he should have fielded the ball, started a double play, and sent the Ducks to the College World Series.

McMurray then followed Brothers by working a base-on-balls preceeding Quinn's heroics.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman also must give CADE DENTON his due....I was ripping the guy earlier but he ended up giving ORU 3.1 innings of very good relief to hold us in the game and if not for the Cox drop in CF it would have been a scoreless outing.....a very clutch performance by our star reliever and you can rest assured that he will be available in game 3 for whatever is needed when Coach Folmer calls on him....ORU should have Fowler and a bunch of guys ready for this biggest game in ORU Baseball history.......:tb-white:

Based on your negative post, I almost asked if Voice somehow logged into to your account. But I didn't. 😆

• Haha 6

Also wondering how many D1 schools have EVER won 80 games combined in men's basketball and baseball in a single season?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1