• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Otis 83

• ManiacAlum

• theeagleman5

• Texasgrip

ORU earned it with 3 straight wins: 1 against each of the other teams in the regional.  An impressive team performance gummy worms and all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Make no mistake, those were three really good teams.  DBU was scary the way they bounced back from that Friday night loss and just destroyed two good teams to get to tonight's game.  Our players were confident and never looked like this moment was too big for them.  An amazing performance by an amazing group.  I'm so happy for them.  

One more thing, thank you to all the ORU fans that spent the weekend in Stillwater.  You guys were awesome.  Loud and proud and made your presence felt.  I loved seeing the team salute you after the game tonight.  We have the best fans.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Biggest ORU win is 17 years....in fact all 3 wins this weekend biggest wins since 2006....Amazing team!! And they ain't done yet....Cade Denton is a hammer....Mike Hogan is a beast!!  LOVE THESE GOLDEN EAGLES!!!....now TheEagleman needs an apricot brandy.......:shield-logo:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

That was incredible! This has been the best ORU baseball team I’ve had the privilege to watch. That team in 06 was good and had opportunities to beat Clemson in the Supers but this team is another level. 

I turned on the Oregon v Xavier game to see if they’d mention it and they talked for 10 minutes about how good ORU is and has been in the past. I love it!

• Upvote 5

TWENTY ONE WINS IN A ROW!!!!.....49-11......TheEagleman just has no words for that......Too bad you aren't with TheEagleman, Lakes....would buy you an ice cold Old Milwaukee......🍺

Congrats to Coach Folmar and team.  I've been sceptical about Folmar's ability to get ORU out of a regional.  Several posters said earlier in the season that this team was different and you were all right.  Could not be happier to have been wrong.

Next up, get Folmar and staff an extension done before they get on the bird to Oregon.  I've got a feeling his phone is about to heat up.

Lastly, great job by the fans in attendance, it sounded great on TV.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

How thrilling to see what ORU has done so far this season! I feel the best is yet to come! This years team reminds me of the KC Royals in 2015 that won the world series. They have a unique personality, seem to really like each other and have fun while winning! If we play Oregon in the Super Regional fyi they lost 3 in a row to Washington. The scores were 5-14, 8-18, and 5-11. They beat Washington 12-7 on May 26. Not that this is critical information but it shows they are beatable and I believe the Eagles will be up for the challenge!I have gotten to know Coach Folmar over the pat few years and he is a class act and couldn't be happier for him and his squad! Gooooooo Eagles!!!

I may watch those videos above every hour on the hour today.....ORU Basketball 30-6....now ORU Baseball 49-11.....Can any other D-1 university match a combined 79-11 ???....I am sure somebody will look it up but for a small mid major in Oklahoma....that is a MIRACLE!!!!.....and OR always told us to expect one of those....with Vanderbilt out... the road to Omaha is right there for the taking....the Ducks are good but not as good as the Commodores.....This may be the best chance ever for ORU to advance to the CWS in my lifetime....and not much of that left......the first time since 1980???.....well......THEEAGLEMAN BELIEVES!!!....Let's Do It!!!   :tb-blue:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

I may watch those videos above every hour on the hour today.....ORU Basketball 30-6....now ORU Baseball 49-11.....Can any other D-1 university match a combined 79-11 ???....I am sure somebody will look it up but for a small mid major in Oklahoma....that is a MIRACLE!!!!.....and OR always told us to expect one of those....with Vanderbilt out... the road to Omaha is right there for the taking....the Ducks are good but not as good as the Commodores.....This may be the best chance ever for ORU to advance to the CWS in my lifetime....and not much of that left......the first time since 1980???.....well......THEEAGLEMAN BELIEVES!!!....Let's Do It!!!   :tb-blue:

Correction:

I was wrong about this team. Glad to apologize. Other teams played tougher competition, but ORU plays who plays them. Summit League is a weak baseball conference-not ORU's fault. Games are won between the lines, not on paper. Despite no dominant starting pitcher ( Like Ron Meredith, Mike Moore, Chi Chi Gonzales to name a few), starters did well enough to keep team in all three regional games. Then there's Cade Denton, a bona fide All-American. The real deal. I thought DBU could well have won the tournament, but this team kept firing away. OSU was overrated. Not sure about Washington. DBU has a good team. Well-deserved win by ORU's young men. Senior-laden (older) team helps when coming  from behind. Being in the baseball version of Sweet Sixteen, team may face top-notch pitching. Being in the Stillwater regional (rather than Fayetteville) was an opportunity that ORU capitalized on. Well done, guys. Let's see if this remarkable season  will continue through Oregon (?) on to Omaha. This might be ORU's best team since 1981 (Mike Moore's last year). 

• Upvote 1