ORU vs Washington

MrsSmith

3 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong (guaranteed😉) but I believe it was the first base ump that made the call.

Yes, it was the field ump that gave the "thumbs up" (ejection) motion as he was chasing after Patten.  I just couldn't tell if he was getting a warning and telling the team of the warning or whether it was a true ejection.  A parent, or staff with the team, will have to clarify that for us to be certain.

• Upvote 1

If he DID get ejected, that would be a pretty quick trigger by the umpires. I am fairly certain that all he did was a generic yell and then stared down the batter. Unnecessary, yes. But not worthy of an ejection. Hoping it was just a warning and that he'll be available if we need him tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Yes, it was the field ump that gave the "thumbs up" (ejection) motion as he was chasing after Patten.  I just couldn't tell if he was getting a warning and telling the team of the warning or whether it was a true ejection.  A parent, or staff with the team, will have to clarify that for us to be certain.

Yeah, I was on the second row above the dugout and could not tell what was happening. I saw Patten celebrate but it didn's seem egregious - but the ump(s) were not happy about something. But agree it's definitley not ejection materiala...

Coming back from 0-8 down shows Dawg Mentality by ORU...compared to OSU who died like dogs losing 18-4. Embarrassing Pokes performance on national TV. 😋

Was it the same first base ump who was running directly in the baseline and right into Jonah Cox during his HR trot? If so, not a good night for that guy. 

Such a special game to be at. The most fun I've ever had at a baseball game. Reminded me of the feeling we had at the ORU-Florida basketball game in Indianapolis a couple of years ago - little 'ol ORU coming in with a LOUD crowd and taking out the big boys. What a feeling! 

Hoping we have a good crowd tonight!

• Upvote 3

Not gonna lie, that 1st inning felt a lot like the 2011 regional final against DBU.

That weekend was a rollercoaster of emotions. ORU lost the first game to TCU, stormed back through the loser's bracket, only to get down 8-0 after the 1st inning to DBU in a Monday night winner-take-all final and eventually lose 11-9.

Can't believe tonight will be ORU's first regional final in 12 years, after having played in 7 the 10 years prior (2002-2011).

Incredible win last night. Still got work to do, keep it rolling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong (guaranteed😉) but I believe it was the first base ump that made the call - whatever it was.

So it wasn't the home plate umpire who absolutely could not decide what his strike zone was?  Even the ESPN+ commentators, including RL Turner HS great Keith Moreland, made a few comments.  Did it look that bad in person?  Based on what I heard from behind the first base dugout it seemed many of you in attendance would agree with me.

47 minutes ago, ORU-sisko said:

Assuming DBU wins against the Huskies, Whats the pitching match up?

see the  ORU vs DBU thread to talk about the game!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

So it wasn't the home plate umpire who absolutely could not decide what his strike zone was?  Even the ESPN+ commentators, including RL Turner HS great Keith Moreland, made a few comments.  Did it look that bad in person?  Based on what I heard from behind the first base dugout it seemed many of you in attendance would agree with me.

It was inconsistent from where I was sitting.  A lot of "make up calls" to make matters worse, too.  The hitters were trying to find the strike zone in those first two innings.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

It was inconsistent from where I was sitting.  A lot of "make up calls" to make matters worse, too.  The hitters were trying to find the strike zone in those first two innings.

I always respect your eyewitness reporting Bogus. Poor Harley Gollert couldn’t buy a strike call on a breaking ball at the top or the bottom of my strike zone. 

He seemed to get more consistent in the middle innings but got shaky again towards the end of the game. Tough on pitchers and batters when Sybil is behind the plate. 

15 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Getting back to TONIGHT’S game, as requested:

Considering the match-up, I’m already going out on a limb and predicting that an NCAA postseason record may be in jeopardy tonight:  Fewest Beers Sold In A Regional Final. 😉

Calling @theeagleman5 we need you in O’Brate staduim 😂😂😂

I’m guessing the bud light is 2 for $4 today 😂😂😂

Also, Coach Folmar gave a shout out to two folks, Oru fans and good ole ORUFanbase 😉😂

Edited by Elis Flight Crew