ORU vs Washington

MrsSmith

Never give up on the Good Guys... 🤩

• Upvote 1

Final inning was live on ESPN....great to watch Denton finish off the Huskies! Wondering when was the last time ORU won coming from 8 runs behind?.... 🤩

All I can say is wow. After that first inning I was having flashbacks of the Duke beatdown against the bball team. However this team responded to the hail of gun fire with cannon bombs. What a game, lets keep it rolling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Another great game for the good guys. It was fun to be there live because the Huskies thought this was going to be a game to coast on after the second inning. 

The third inning though was something to behold. You could feel the momentum shift with Cox’s home run. Evan settled into a groove and the bats lit up the Huskie’s pitching. Great all around baseball by ORU. 

I’m not sure if it was evident on the broadcast but when Patten came off the field after striking out the pinch hitter, the umpires sought him out and appeared to eject him from the game - thus the reason Cade came in to close the door (as Otis likes to say) in the ninth. I don’t know that we would put case in after pitching 30-40 pitches the night before if Patten could close things out. Assuming Patten was ejected (it’s possible it was just a warning), he would not be available for the game on Sunday night.  

• Upvote 2

Incredible win by an incredible team. Down 8-0(!!) and then came roaring back. A win for the ages. Let’s finish this and then on to the Super Regional. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

TheEagleman was so jacked up after watching that final inning on ESPN last night that i couldn't fall asleep until after 2:30am....was out to dinner and checked my phone around 10pm and saw 8-0 Washington....i was really bummed and ordered another Sangria.....lol.....then a bit later saw it was only 8-6 and the comeback was on....ESPN had the game in a small box on Squeeze Play then showed the full 9th inning....just awesome stuff from a wonderful group of guys....TheEagleman is very proud today and will be rocking the ORU gear at church....so let's finish this off tonight and get 4 or 5 days of rest before the Super Regional....not wanting to go to another game on Monday....it's just too nerve wracking.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 5

Turned the game on with the score 13-12 (is that football instead of baseball) and Blaze Brothers laid down a perfect bunt.  Their pitcher then throws two wild pitches and just like that he is on third.  Then Brothers scored on a single and the rest is history.  The Huskies basically gave ORU that run but hey we will take it anytime!  That insurance run basically sealed the deal.  Good teams generate runs and learn to take advantage of the opponents mistakes.

Last night's comeback win was incredible!! It would have been the easiest thing in the world down 8-0 to say we just don't have it tonight, we'll come back tomorrow and hopefully play better. But this team just kept playing, kept fighting and kept digging deeper!! What makes a great team? what we saw last night is what makes a great team!! Everyone talks about never giving up, our guys walked the walk on the big stage!! Yes, Jonah and Cade are playing like the All-Americans they clearly are! But every player on the that team is stepping up when needed, they truly believe in each other and are truly a great team and what they are doing in this regional is making a name for themselves as one of ORU's best teams ever and one the best teams in college baseball this season. Keep fighting Eagles... you guys are awesome!!!

• Upvote 6

Exciting stuff!  I assume we’ll be the home tonight, correct?

7 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Exciting stuff!  I assume we’ll be the home tonight, correct?

Probably so.  DBU should be the home team in the elimination game; therefore, since ORU hasn't been the home team in their two matchups, they should be the home team for the Championship Finals this evening.  If an "if necessary" game is needed for Monday, ORU will be the visiting team in the second Championship Final game.

I didn’t see this thread until this morning 😲. Now I understand why it was so quiet on the regional thread. 

In any event,  I was in a group chat last night with some alums who aren’t on the board.  They love ORU athletics but aren’t crazy about it like many of us are. As a result they haven’t seen the team play a lot. This is what I told them when it was 8-4. 

I’m not predicting that we will win but I have watched this team a lot this year. They are patient. They are resilient. They are good.

The Golden Eagles proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt last night. Looking forward to watching them tonight. If y’all start a game thread will someone PM me lol. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Another great game for the good guys. It was fun to be there live because the Huskies thought this was going to be a game to coast on after the second inning. 

The third inning though was something to behold. You could feel the momentum shift with Cox’s home run. Evan settled into a groove and the bats lit up the Huskie’s pitching. Great all around baseball by ORU. 

I’m not sure if it was evident on the broadcast but when Patten came off the field after striking out the pinch hitter, the umpires sought him out and appeared to eject him from the game - thus the reason Cade came in to close the door (as Otis likes to say) in the ninth. I don’t know that we would put case in after pitching 30-40 pitches the night before if Patten could close things out. Assuming Patten was ejected (it’s possible it was just a warning), he would not be available for the game on Sunday night.  

Bogus, after reading your post this morning I went back and watched the end of the bottom of the 8th. All I saw was a very enthusiastic college athlete who was either yelling at his catcher or the batter. Obviously couldn’t hear what was said. As ESPN was cutting to commercial you can see the home plate umpire making a bee line for Patton but they cut away before any interaction between them.

No mention of an ejection in the box score. 

15 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Bogus, after reading your post this morning I went back and watched the end of the bottom of the 8th. All I saw was a very enthusiastic college athlete who was either yelling at his catcher or the batter. Obviously couldn’t hear what was said. As ESPN was cutting to commercial you can see the home plate umpire making a bee line for Patton but they cut away before any interaction between them.

No mention of an ejection in the box score. 

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong (guaranteed😉) but I believe it was the first base ump that made the call - whatever it was.

• Upvote 1