SDSU at ORU

Texasgrip

The Jackrabbits come to JLJ for a conference weekend series. Good guys are 60-18 all time vs. the Jacks...should be able to add three to the win total this weekend. Weather should be "better" in a few days for some true spring hardball. A series win is a must and a sweep would be better.  SDSU just isn't very good (currently playing .500 ball at 17-17) and faces Nebraska tomorrow night in Omaha before their trip to Tulsa. #GOBIGBLUE

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

The Jackrabbits come to JLJ for a conference weekend series. Good guys are 60-18 all time vs. the Jacks...should be able to add three to the win total this weekend. Weather should be "better" in a few days for some true spring hardball. A series win is a must and a sweep would be better.  SDSU just isn't very good (currently playing .500 ball at 17-17) and faces Nebraska tomorrow night in Omaha before their trip to Tulsa. #GOBIGBLUE

Thanks for the post texasgrip. You know we both are cowboy fans and aren’t AI.

One day we will connect at an ORU sporting event and be friends for life.Bros Male Bonding GIF by The Last Man On Earth

3 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Finally a start to a series thread that actually has some content.  Thank you!!!!

• Upvote 2

ORU (14-1) with a four game lead on the Jacks (10-5) who have actually won SEVEN in a row....so with a series win this weekend at JLJ the Good Guys can really put the Summit League regular season on ice......it would be near impossible for SDSU to come back from 5 or more games behind in the final few weeks of the season....so ORU needs to rest up and be ready for Friday Night!....GO BLUE!! :tb-white:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Finally a start to a series thread that actually has some content.  Thank you!!!!

Another one with funny comments.

@Otis 83 stop being an old grumpy man. No one got hurt because I posted ahead. Technically Grippie (Texas Grip) posted early since there should have been a game today. But since you and grippie always hating on me and go back many years nothing is said.

You are another person on my list of people to meet up at a game and become buddies.

2 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

Another one with funny comments.

@Otis 83 stop being an old grumpy man. No one got hurt because I posted ahead. Technically Grippie (Texas Grip) posted early since there should have been a game today. But since you and grippie always hating on me and go back many years nothing is said.

You are another person on my list of people to meet up at a game and become buddies.

Bro! Definitely not hating - just a little ribbing. And technically I didn’t jump the gun because I didn’t post until the OU quitters quit. 😆

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Bro! Definitely not hating - just a little ribbing. And technically I didn’t jump the gun because I didn’t post until the OU quitters quit. 😆

You got me good and will for a while 😂

OU….The Midwest most overrated program in all sports. 😂😂😂

Hard to say if ChatGPT understands the difference between Athens and Norman or the true border of the "midwest."

1 hour ago, ORU82 said:

I assume you are talking about the University of Oklahoma and not Ohio University.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Hard to say if ChatGPT understands the difference between Athens and Norman or the true border of the "midwest."

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

I assume you are talking about the University of Oklahoma and not Ohio University.

Good afternoon. 82 based on other’s responses and content it’s understood that OU is the University of Oklahoma. ORU has not played anyone from Ohio University.

@Otis 83 it thought we were moving on from yesterday. Clearly I was wrong and you know I’m not AI nor ChatGPT. Can’t we Dallas Cowboys/ORU fans get along?

Back in the real world:  South Dakota State has won 11 games in a row, including an 8-3 victory over Nebraska on Tuesday (albeit four of the wins came vs. non-D1 opposition).  The are arguably the second-best team in the Summit League, and are really hitting the ball of late.

Here's hoping we can get at least one game in the books between Friday and Saturday with the forecasted weather; Sunday has doubleheader written all over it. 

• Upvote 2

Sounds like it will be a nice sunny Sunday afternoon for Bogus and Mrs Smith to sit in the stands with a tasty sandwich and soda and watch ORU hosting the Jacks in 70 degree weather .... sounds so lovely.....Good Guys need to get 2 of 3 this weekend and put SDSU in the distance.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

Graduation is next weekend.

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT BEFORE I REMOVED IT.

I blame all the new meds... 🫠

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT BEFORE I REMOVED IT.

I blame all the new meds... 🫠

How are you feeling?  You still haven't told your health scare story.   Maybe this summer when the board is dead (is that a bad word? 🤔)

• Haha 2

Game time moved up a couple hours due to rain in the Tulsa area, I would guess.....let's see if they can get the full 9 innings  in....so just asking....let's say the rain stops the game before completion....is the contest picked up at that point on Saturday afternoon?  is the game considered complete if at least 5 innings have been played or is it still resumed at the stoppage point the following day?  Anybody know the Summit League rules on weather stoppages mid game?  

2 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

How are you feeling?  You still haven't told your health scare story.   Maybe this summer when the board is dead (is that a bad word? 🤔)

He told his story at the board breakfast a couple of months ago...you guys skipped! 😆