Bracket Draws

Ting

Time to send the devil back where he belongs! 😈😂

• Haha 2

It is definitely a surprise to me that they matched up ORU and Duke though. Both were expected to go on a bit of a run.

It is a dream come true to play one of the blue blood basketball teams!  We heard all year that no one wanted to play the Eagles in the non conference but now is ORU's chance to beat one of the greatest programs in college basketball.  Max and Connor can show the scouts that they can go toe to toe with Duke's future NBA guys.

On a side note: followed Joe's bracketology as CBS was announcing the teams and he only picked 2 of the 32 match ups.  The draws are always so unpredictable.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

It is a dream come true to play one of the blue blood basketball teams!  We heard all year that no one wanted to play the Eagles in the non conference but now is ORU's chance to beat one of the greatest programs in college basketball.  Max and Connor can show the scouts that they can go toe to toe with Duke's future NBA guys.

On a side note: followed Joe's bracketology as CBS was announcing the teams and he only picked 2 of the 32 match ups.  The draws are always so unpredictable.

For the future of our seniors, this is THE opportunity to show the world (slight hyperbole there) what they can do. I am happy for them. All the quiet hours in the dark are worth it for the opportunity that starts now! Duke has to be as afraid of us as we are respectful of them!

Congrats on the Orlando location for all those that are making arrangements to represent the Golden Eagle fan base with their presence and voices! Do us proud!

• Like 1

I am glad that ORU does not have to go to Greensboro to face Duke.  That would have been basically a road game, so Orlando is more of a neutral site.  The guys get to go to Disney World for Spring Break!mickey mouse vintage GIF

• Like 1

I have to apologize in advance because a) I'm Canadian; and b) I'm totally excited! This game could not happen any other way. Schedule Duke? 😅 😂 🤣 

#5 In The East, Duke Will Open NCAA Play Against Oral Roberts

This should be good.

• By JD King 
  • on March 12, 2023 6:44 pm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I am glad that ORU does not have to go to Greensboro to face Duke.  That would have been basically a road game, so Orlando is more of a neutral site.  The guys get to go to Disney World for Spring Break!mickey mouse vintage GIF

Their Disney World will be on the court, but Orlando is no Sioux Falls, that's for sure!

The game should be on CBS, for those of us who won't be at the game.  Maybe prime time Thursday night?  We will wait and see.

I was a little concerned that the Eagles would be on everybody's upset special list and that might motivate their opponent to really bring their A game but since it is Duke, that should not be the case.  Duke is very young (start 4 freshman) and have a first year coach.  Hoping they come down to reality after winning the ACC tournament.

• Upvote 1

ORU can beat Duke and it won't take a miracle....although TheEagleman will take all he can get.....for the reasons Keenan stated above Good Guys can surely beat the Blue Devils....will take experience over Freshman any time in March.....😎

Syracuse, Louisville, Ohio State and Florida.  I would love to add Duke to that list of teams who we have defeated in the "Big Dance".  You are right OT, what an opportunity for our program.  It is Duke in prime time on CBS on a somewhat neutral court.  This is the time we get off the porch and run with the big dogs while adding to our resume with a defeat of a "storied" blue blood institution.  Go Golden Eagles! 

• Upvote 3

While Coach Mills and the team are rightfully focused on "going 1-0" for every game, we fans have the opportunity for MASSIVE speculation (in truth, this message board doesn't exist without it). 🤣  And, if THE Oral Roberts University playing Duke on a neutral court in sunny Orlando on CBS primetime isn't enough to get you excited about this bracket, just look ahead...

DUKE, then Tennessee or Louisiana, a very reasonable matchup. 

And, then, back to the SWEET SIXTEEN in freaking MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!

Waiting there in NYC would be Purdue, Memphis or FAU - all interesting...  And, Elite Eight options include Marquette, K-State with Jerome Tang (did anyone ever think ORU could play K-State on a neutral court in Manhattan?), or blue-blood Kentucky, with the winner on to the Final Four in Paul Mills' hometown of Houston.  

Seriously... Can this get any better?

Now... let's go 1-0 on Thursday...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

While Coach Mills and the team are rightfully focused on "going 1-0" for every game, we fans have the opportunity for MASSIVE speculation (in truth, this message board doesn't exist without it). 🤣  And, if THE Oral Roberts University playing Duke on a neutral court in sunny Orlando on CBS primetime isn't enough to get you excited about this bracket, just look ahead...

DUKE, then Tennessee or Louisiana, a very reasonable matchup. 

And, then, back to the SWEET SIXTEEN in freaking MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!

Waiting there in NYC would be Purdue, Memphis or FAU - all interesting...  And, Elite Eight options include Marquette, K-State with Jerome Tang (did anyone ever think ORU could play K-State on a neutral court in Manhattan?), or blue-blood Kentucky, with the winner on to the Final Four in Paul Mills' hometown of Houston.  

Seriously... Can this get any better?

Now... let's go 1-0 on Thursday...

I love this! To me the biggest game is definitely the first one. After we win there, anything is possible!