Bracket Draws

Ting

20 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

Curious on everyone’s travel plans… will you only go if the game is at a particular location or are you going / not going regardless? 

I am hoping to go, but a lot of it depends on available (and affordable) flights.  Spring break throws a wrench into destinations such as Orlando.

If it's Denver I would drive, just because I love driving into the Front Range.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

Curious on everyone’s travel plans… will you only go if the game is at a particular location or are you going / not going regardless? 

I’m planning to travel (along with TrueBlue12) WHEREVER we are sent.  Albany would be brutal, with Greensboro not far behind. And, both of those are Fri/Sun sites with little to no late flight connections on Sunday night, making matters worse.  Orlando would be pretty good, and the Thu/Sat schedule is preferred in my book.  Based on the bracketology I’ve seen, I’d put Albany at 40%, Orlando 15%, Greensboro 10%, and 35% on the field (five other sites).   Since the 12s and 13s both travel to the site  where the 4s are sent, they usually end up at the least desirable locations (since the 1s, 2s and 3s have already been slotted). 

5 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

I’d rather be a 12 than 10 or 11. Playing a 2 or 3 in the second round is brutal. 

I haven't realized how big a deal it is for coaches that are friends to play against each other in the tournament. I just don't want to play Baylor for Coach Mills' sake . . . at least not until the Elite Eight 😉.

12 minutes ago, dbl78 said:

I am planning on going regardless of where they play. 

Well if it's Albany lmk as I'm from that area and worked around Albany for 25 years. I'll be in Hawaii during that time. What time as I thinking lol,.😄😦

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

If Tennessee is a 3, then ORU would have to fall to a 14 for the teams to matchup.  That sounds unlikely, but I saw a Vegas site that showed ORU as a 13, and with more chance at a 14 than a 12.  Shocking to me, but follow the $$$.  

I believe @Ting was projecting a possible 11 seed for us, and looking forward to a second round match up! 

26 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Well if it's Albany lmk as I'm from that area and worked around Albany for 25 years. I'll be in Hawaii during that time. What time as I thinking lol,.😄😦

What was I thinking

50 minutes ago, SonofaLegend said:

I believe @Ting was projecting a possible 11 seed for us, and looking forward to a second round match up! 

Thanks, SOAL. I absolutely LOVE it that we fans are already looking ahead to the second round as we speculate.  

2 hours ago, ORUalum11 said:

I'm going no matter where it is!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Kinda rooting for Penn St in in this B1G semifinal because I think Indiana would be a great 5-12 opponent. 
  • I would like the spectacle of ORU playing an NCAA Tournament game against Duke or Kentucky (plus I like the matchups). Yesterday, Lunardi had ORU/Duke playing in Albany with Kentucky also in Albany but as a 6-seed. Which would have potentially put a lot of UK fans in the house just to root against Duke. Although that would backfire if ORU got Big Blue Nation in Birmingham or somewhere.
  • One team I haven't seen listed as a 5-seed yet is Virginia but I wonder if they would drop with a loss tonight. That would certainly be a style contrast and a rematch against former Washington St coach Tony Bennett.
  • Some potential ORU opponents I would like: Indiana, Northwestern, Creighton, Duke/UVA, Xavier, Kentucky, A&M
  • Some potential ORU opponents I don't like: Miami, San Diego St, Iowa St, TCU
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SonofaLegend said:

I was just going off of Lunardi’s convo with Coach Mills early in the week saying we are a 12 lock but possible up to an 11

There is so much parity in college basketball.  That is what makes the tournament so exciting.  Take Kansas for example, they lost 7 games this year and should still be a #1 seed.  The Jayhawks could repeat again but because they lost 7 games, they are beatable.  No one in the field is head and shoulders everybody else.  Houston may have lost Sasser to injury, so they may struggle, too.  Let the games begin!

7 hours ago, ORUTex said:

Me too

Same! 

• Upvote 1

Final Day! Here’s your morning bracketology updates from Lunardi and Palm.

one has us in a nice draw facing Indiana then Xavier

palm has OTs wish of playing Tennessee in the second round 

129CF521-0C05-47C5-80F5-8E19F909CFC0.thumb.png.0da235bb021d99145c374d66b13fee41.png

1012A002-4884-4FA4-A653-E407FC3D16DF.jpeg

7B55DC2C-7D5F-4109-9D22-16E902AE18FB.jpeg

Based on this comment after Dukes ACC win, and even though Jesus always wins over the devil, I will take a no thank you on a matchup with the BlueDevils. 

Bennetts statement sounds like could be problems for us. 

"Their length and athleticism was real, and I think at times it sped us up," Virginia coach Tony Bennett said. "And we were at times a little bit uncharacteristic or a bit rushed. I think they sat down and guarded. We sat down and tried to guard hard, and there just wasn't a whole lot there."

11s 12s 13s with Net ranking and Quad 1 and Quad 2 records if you want to compare. (This is from Palms bracket rankings)

8F6840F6-A0D7-4D4F-B77D-0EB89EF8F13B.jpeg