Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

I just saw that and was going to post it. I don’t follow all of those programs but with the exception of Wichita state and SMU, I don’t think many of those programs would be much of step up over ORU and a couple of those would be a large step down.

4 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

UAB is playing in the NIT finals tonight in Las Vegas vs. C-USA partner North Texas.

Chance for Kareem to play in his home state. 

in short:  anywhere but Wichita State, please Kareem. 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

like i said when he entered the portal, i think he ends up at WSU. 

I'll take it a step further and predict WSU's starting backcourt will be Kareem and Max (assuming WSU NIL > overseas $)

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

UAB is playing in the NIT finals tonight in Las Vegas vs. C-USA partner North Texas.

Chance for Kareem to play in his home state. 

in short:  anywhere but Wichita State, please Kareem. 👍🏻

I hadn’t followed the NIT much at all this year. UAB would also be a good option then it sounds.

UAB is a solid team and has a good coach, who was once in the SEC.  Kareem is just a rock solid guy that had the third best stats (combo of points, rebounds, assists, and steals) on ORU's squad last year, only behind Max and Plastic Man (Connor).  UAB would give him a chance to make another run at an NCAA tournament.

54 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

UAB is a solid team and has a good coach, who was once in the SEC.  Kareem is just a rock solid guy that had the third best stats (combo of points, rebounds, assists, and steals) on ORU's squad last year, only behind Max and Plastic Man (Connor).  UAB would give him a chance to make another run at an NCAA tournament.

They have nice facilities too. 

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

like i said when he entered the portal, i think he ends up at WSU. 

I'll take it a step further and predict WSU's starting backcourt will be Kareem and Max (assuming WSU NIL > overseas $)

I’m going to be pretty disappointed in both the player and Paul Mills if anyone leaves ORU for Wichita State.

Should have included the Shockers in my previous “no bueno” list that includes TU and any Summit team. 

• Upvote 2

I have to think (hope) that Kareem is considering UAB or even Samford - which would allow him to play in front of friends and family. 

• Upvote 2

No way would he go to UNA, IMO. He’s much better than that, he’s got interest from major programs, and for a guy who’s probably willing to pursue a career overseas, I doubt he’s interested in being in/near Florence, AL.  

Rob

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I’m going to be pretty disappointed in both the player and Paul Mills if anyone leaves ORU for Wichita State.

Should have included the Shockers in my previous “no bueno” list that includes TU and any Summit team. 

I think you need to prepare your heart, OT. I’ll be surprised if Mills doesn’t steal at least a player or two…👎

• Upvote 1

Another guy to keep an eye on is DJ Freeman from OU Baptist.  He had a strong year with 12 points, 6.4 rebounds and about 1 block a game for OU Baptist.  He is a 6'6 forward who ORU recruited out of high school and DJ had a solid game (18 and 6) against the Eagles at the Mabee Center in 2022.

4 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Big guard, good 3 point % numbers. Texas native 

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

7 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Parks and Recreation

Fan of having sub six foot guards or don’t like the idea of that particular player?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Fan of having sub six foot guards or don’t like the idea of that particular player?

Morning. He has good size as a guard but doesn’t seem like a good fit at ORU. If McBride leaves then I reconsider. Does he have 2-3 years left to play?