St. Thomas vs. ORU

theeagleman5

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

It's not the same as watching the game, but you can watch Adam Hildebrand CALL the game from courtside on the ORU Sports Network from the oruathletics.com website...

That’s how we watched the women’s game yesterday. Must admit, it was fascinating!

• Like 1

Less-noteworthy Andy Warhol quotes:

"In the future, everyone will be a sports handicapper for at least 15 minutes...from their basement."  🤣

7 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Less-noteworthy Andy Warhol quotes:

"In the future, everyone will be a sports handicapper for at least 15 minutes...from their basement."  🤣

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

HAHAHA!!...Geez.....if those two bozos can do a pick podcast then TheEagleman sure could do one also.....but i have to say that I can't argue with them....line has jumped to ORU -13 and i certainly see the temptation to go with St. Thomas since they have played us close twice....O/U at 155.5 also a very close call....that's a good number....i have already predicted 83-68 Good Guys so flip a coin on this one if you choose to make a wager.....ORU is gonna win but money line of -1100 is way too much....I think the determining factor here is that St. Thomas played a grueling game last night and should be gassed in the 2nd half especially if we get them into a run and gun game.....TheEagleman leans to ORU.......:oru:

The latest Tulsa World story:

One down, two to go: ORU plays in Summit League semifinals Monday night

Kelly Hines

Mar 5, 2023 

After going undefeated in the Summit League and capturing the regular-season championship, the Oral Roberts basketball team went to Mahogany Prime Steakhouse to celebrate.

“They were asking, ‘Why can’t we do this more often?’” coach Paul Mills said last week. “Because you don’t go 18-0 all the time.

“That’s what the NCAA Tournament is: You eat dinner at a really nice place and then you go somewhere not as nice and they’re like, ‘Can we go back to the nice place?’”

The Golden Eagles are working to get back to the NCAA Tournament, needing two more wins in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, for an automatic berth. ORU knocked off North Dakota 96-80 on Saturday night and plays the Western Illinois-St. Thomas winner Monday night in the Summit League semifinals.

Having tasted victory this season and having experienced the thrills of a Sweet Sixteen run in 2021, the motivation to return to college basketball’s biggest stage is strong — especially after missing out on the NCAA tournament last year.

“Connor (Vanover) has played in two Elite Eights with Arkansas,” Mills said. “Trey Phipps has been there (to the tournament with Oklahoma). The majority of our players — five of them outside the new guys — have been in Sweet Sixteens. They get it and they understand what it’s like to sit in that locker room (after a conference tournament loss) and stew in a little bit, too.”

This team is built for a March run, benefiting from the addition of Vanover, a 7-5 center who was selected defensive player of the year in the league, and the development of role players who work well with Max Abmas, one of the most prolific scorers in the country.

“(Opponents) focus on me a lot and my teammates put in a whole lot of work, so I’m going to make the right basketball play and I trust them to go out there and do what they’ve worked on all the time,” Abmas said in Saturday’s postgame news conference.

ORU showed its potential for balanced scoring in the quarterfinal game, with six players producing at least eight points: Carlos Jürgens 21, Vanover 19, Kareem Thompson 15, Abmas 14, Patrick Mwamba nine, Issac McBride eight.

“We’ve just got a great group of guys,” Mills said. “In 27 years of coaching, it’s the most determined group that I’ve been around. Just a joy to be around every day.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I see Mills is still working the "after you've been on vacation to Hawaii you don't want to go to Grandma's house next year for vacation" routine.  Would love to her what his daughter's think of that metaphor.  🤣

3 hours ago, titansforever said:

The latest Tulsa World story:

One down, two to go: ORU plays in Summit League semifinals Monday night

Kelly Hines

Mar 5, 2023 

After going undefeated in the Summit League and capturing the regular-season championship, the Oral Roberts basketball team went to Mahogany Prime Steakhouse to celebrate.

“They were asking, ‘Why can’t we do this more often?’” coach Paul Mills said last week. “Because you don’t go 18-0 all the time.

“That’s what the NCAA Tournament is: You eat dinner at a really nice place and then you go somewhere not as nice and they’re like, ‘Can we go back to the nice place?’”

The Golden Eagles are working to get back to the NCAA Tournament, needing two more wins in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, for an automatic berth. ORU knocked off North Dakota 96-80 on Saturday night and plays the Western Illinois-St. Thomas winner Monday night in the Summit League semifinals.

Having tasted victory this season and having experienced the thrills of a Sweet Sixteen run in 2021, the motivation to return to college basketball’s biggest stage is strong — especially after missing out on the NCAA tournament last year.

“Connor (Vanover) has played in two Elite Eights with Arkansas,” Mills said. “Trey Phipps has been there (to the tournament with Oklahoma). The majority of our players — five of them outside the new guys — have been in Sweet Sixteens. They get it and they understand what it’s like to sit in that locker room (after a conference tournament loss) and stew in a little bit, too.”

This team is built for a March run, benefiting from the addition of Vanover, a 7-5 center who was selected defensive player of the year in the league, and the development of role players who work well with Max Abmas, one of the most prolific scorers in the country.

“(Opponents) focus on me a lot and my teammates put in a whole lot of work, so I’m going to make the right basketball play and I trust them to go out there and do what they’ve worked on all the time,” Abmas said in Saturday’s postgame news conference.

ORU showed its potential for balanced scoring in the quarterfinal game, with six players producing at least eight points: Carlos Jürgens 21, Vanover 19, Kareem Thompson 15, Abmas 14, Patrick Mwamba nine, Issac McBride eight.

“We’ve just got a great group of guys,” Mills said. “In 27 years of coaching, it’s the most determined group that I’ve been around. Just a joy to be around every day.”

Does anyone know if Ms. Hines made the trip?

32 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Does anyone know if Ms. Hines made the trip?

I have not seen or heard her in the postgame interview room...

No injuries reported by the trainer in the pregame show so that’s good news

My brother & sis in law both were at St Thomas...  so I'm cheering for them "to cover"    so get up by 20 & pull the starters.

guard them at 3 pt line HARD and they can't win.

also ignore the inbred sdsu fans there!

Coach does know he gets time outs in both halves, right?

• Like 1

What is the score? I just watched St. Thomas lose a point going from 34 to 33. I like the trend. Any more corrections coming?

• Like 1