St. Thomas vs. ORU

theeagleman5

TheEagleman expected St. Thomas to be our foe in the semi finals so I have been reviewing analytical data and watching tape all afternoon after Sunday Services....and have come to the conclusion that ORU will basically kick their butts back to Minnesota.....yeah, the Tommies gave us two pretty good games this season and I would expect them to give us another tussle on Monday night for maybe 20 minutes tops.....then reality will set in and ORU just has too many weapons and athletes for St. Thomas to handle....they will wear down from two tough games in 24 hours and ORU will roll to victory.....probably another balanced scoring effort especially if Max is dealing with a minor knee sprain....hopefully Mr. Abmas can give us a good 30-35 min and keep the game under control.....we need him close to 100% for Tuesday Night.....ORU 83  St. Thomas 68......GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 1

Excellent prediction. Can't and won't lose to a second year D1 school. Too much ORU offensive balance and improved D. Oh and one more thing, tourney experience.💪

25 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman expected St. Thomas to be our foe in the semi finals so I have been reviewing analytical data and watching tape all afternoon after Sunday Services....and have come to the conclusion that ORU will basically kick their butts back to Minnesota.....yeah, the Tommies gave us two pretty good games this season and I would expect them to give us another tussle on Monday night for maybe 20 minutes tops.....then reality will set in and ORU just has too many weapons and athletes for St. Thomas to handle....they will wear down from two tough games in 24 hours and ORU will roll to victory.....probably another balanced scoring effort especially if Max is dealing with a minor knee sprain....hopefully Mr. Abmas can give us a good 30-35 min and keep the game under control.....we need him close to 100% for Tuesday Night.....ORU 83  St. Thomas 68......GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

Wow! 

ORU opens up an 11-point favorite, with a total of 159 (meaning 85-74).

I can live with that... 🙂

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

When it comes to the Data it shows ORU did enough things to win both games. I did watch the road game against St. Thomas and it was close game due to the Tommies make a late half push that ORU did not respond to as well but did enough in the end to secure the win. ORU plays the way they did Saturday and tomorrows game will look close to their first meeting of the season. 

1 hour ago, jmg1984 said:

Excellent prediction. Can't and won't lose to a second year D1 school. Too much ORU offensive balance and improved D. Oh and one more thing, tourney experience.💪

I’m hopeful we don’t lose if we execute the gameplan set out by Coach Mills along with good rebounding on both sides of the court and smart shot selection. 

Congrats to St. Thomas in winning their first Summit League tournament game at the D1 level.  They have some solid freshmen including Andrew R. who Carlos needs to slow down tomorrow night.  Of course if the Eagles guard the 3 then they should win and move on to the finals.  I would expect the Eagles to be rested and locked in for win 29!

I think we are physical enough on the perimeter to push them out beyond their comfort zone.  Bjorkland and Rhode may resort to driving inside on Conner, and that's fine as long as Connor stays out of foul trouble.

I think it's Bjorkland and man-child freshman Blue who may end up in foul trouble of their own with so many ORU players enjoying "backing down" success into the paint these days.

In case anyone was wondering, this tweet confirms that Monday night's game will be available on KGEB (Cox 23)...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

In case anyone was wondering, this tweet confirms that Monday night's game will be available on KGEB (Cox 23)...

Is there anyway to watch that online?  All midco stuff is blocked overseas. And while I’m sure all summit schools have a heavy international population, ORU alumni are especially heavy in the far reaches.  

BDF37594-57CA-49D5-B096-D5182D4DCC3F.png

8 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I think we are physical enough on the perimeter to push them out beyond their comfort zone.  Bjorkland and Rhode may resort to driving inside on Conner, and that's fine as long as Connor stays out of foul trouble.

I think it's Bjorkland and man-child freshman Blue who may end up in foul trouble of their own with so many ORU players enjoying "backing down" success into the paint these days.

In ORU's most recent matchup with UST in St Paul, Connor only played 22 minutes with 2 points, 2 boards and no blocks, as UST's game plan neutralized the benefits of having CV as a defensive presence on the court.  During that game, UST attempted 39 three-point FGs, and only 21 from inside the arc.  ORU won that game despite UST shooting 41% on threes and 67% on twos, primarily because Max scored 27, Carlos had a career-high 21, and Weaver and Mwamba played a combined 38 minutes (with 26 points).

In last night's tourney win over Western Illinois, UST attempted 19 three-point FGs and 36 from close range, a complete reversal from the game plan used against ORU.  The Golden Eagles have enough offensive firepower to overwhelm whatever approach UST may decide on, and enough depth and options to defensively counter the Tommies' game plan.  But, it will be very interesting to see how UST approaches tonight's game, and how they "pick their poison", especially on how they want to attack ORU on the offensive end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORU-sisko said:

Is there anyway to watch that online?  All midco stuff is blocked overseas. And while I’m sure all summit schools have a heavy international population, ORU alumni are especially heavy in the far reaches.  

BDF37594-57CA-49D5-B096-D5182D4DCC3F.png

Game shows it will be on ESPN+ if you have that subscription.

• Upvote 1

It's not the same as watching the game, but you can watch Adam Hildebrand CALL the game from courtside on the ORU Sports Network from the oruathletics.com website...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

It's not the same as watching the game, but you can watch Adam Hildebrand CALL the game from courtside on the ORU Sports Network from the oruathletics.com website...

It’s not horrible. I’ve done it a bit. The only problem is the lag between stats and Adam with stats showing first. Sometimes his description is a combined 6pts behind.

2 minutes ago, ron said:

It’s not horrible. I’ve done it a bit. The only problem is the lag between stats and Adam with stats showing first. Sometimes his description is a combined 6pts behind.

Oh, it's far from horrible, but from his perspective with rows of fans right behind him, it's tantalizing to wonder what they're all reacting to.

• Upvote 1

I was reading an article re: Denver's team, and I loved this line:

"Oral Roberts is in a league of their own this season."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Game shows it will be on ESPN+ if you have that subscription.

Would probably need a VPN for ESPN+ since he's out of the country

There are illegal streaming sites, but you would want to have a good ad blocker, script blocker, and ghostery running (not that I would know or anything 😉)

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Would probably need a VPN for ESPN+ since he's out of the country

There are illegal streaming sites, but you would want to have a good ad blocker, script blocker, and ghostery running (not that I would know or anything 😉)

I used a VPN when I was on vacation in the Caribbean this January to watch our games on ESPN+.  Signed on for a 30 day free trial, and cancelled after the games were played. 👍