St. Thomas vs. ORU

theeagleman5

"ORU leads the nation in 10-0 run 'Kill Shots', with 32 on the season" - what an awesome stat!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

WOW - "ORU Holds OF"?? 

Does no one proof headlines anymore?? #smh

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 9.20.06 AM.png

Trying Not To Laugh Season 3 GIF by The Office

Isaac again with a big time bucket when we needed it most. When they cut the lead to three with a few minutes left, a tommies player waved to the crowd to "get up" and they responded LOUDLY. Isaac's bucket really dimmed that enthusiasm, and gave our team just what it needed to close out the game. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Good Lord....what a motley looking crew of media asking the questions above.....they all look wasted.....plus the same little turd on the end asked most of the stupid questions.....Image result for Cosmo Kramer

A lot of garbage in this thread, but I had hoped that some of your fellow ORU posters had the integrity to call you out for this classless comment and I wouldn't need to login.

Tim does a great job of covering the Summit League, and especially highlighting some of the positive aspects of ORU, interviews with the players, etc.

Anyway, hats off to the ORU team. A great group of competitors who earned the W last night, even in the midst of a hostile crowd. 

• Like 4

Agree it was classless. Habitually, I skip over most of Eagleman's comments on this forum.

• Like 2

Come on....TheEagleman classless?....have a sense of humor....I am sure that reporter is a journalist of the highest quality.....another Walter Cronkite or Tucker Carleson.....that video was such a pleasure to watch....Like Coach Mills said in his press conference.....I don't care.....Hey Jamtod....we really enjoy your posts.....all ONE of them....keep that stuff coming......😎

• Like 1

Theeagleman5 is a legend. I'd put him on the Mt. Rushmore of orusports.com posters. 😂

• Like 3

Youngblood all the way, baby......we were never known for our manners....but we do love everybody.....all posters on this board are welcome whether TheEagleman agrees with the comments or not.....dish it out.....I can take it.....just looking forward to watching our guys cut down the nets tonight in Sioux Falls.....:hc_mills:

• Like 1

Geez, Eagleman - more reasons why we can't have nice stuff...

backing up homer simpson GIF

FYI:  Tim Hill IS a great journalist in the Summit world, and one of the few guys up in that area (I think he's from Minneapolis) that tends to defend ORU.

• Like 6

OK OK....I picked on the wrong guy.....I stand corrected.....Please forgive TheEagleman for slighting Mr. Hill.....not familiar with his work but I will take your word for it that he's a fine journalist and a Golden Eagles Supporter.....😍

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

OK OK....I picked on the wrong guy.....I stand corrected.....Please forgive TheEagleman for slighting Mr. Hill.....not familiar with his work but I will take your word for it that he's a fine journalist and a Golden Eagles Supporter.....😍

Don't take my word for it; check out his tweets - he's a good dude!!

• Upvote 2

He is a great dude. I'll start listening to his podcast just from the few interactions I've had with him.

Wish EVERY media person was more like Tim.

He genuinely enjoys the game and doesn’t ask inane questions. He has given ORU a lot of good coverage especially at the St. Thomas game in Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

I can’t remember a media member from a conference opponent’s market going out of their way to interview ORU guys like Tim has done with Coach Patterson and Max.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr. Cornelius said:

Wish EVERY media person was more like Tim.

He genuinely enjoys the game and doesn’t ask inane questions. He has given ORU a lot of good coverage especially at the St. Thomas game in Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

I can’t remember a media member from a conference opponent’s market going out of their way to interview ORU guys like Tim has done with Coach Patterson and Max.

He's an SDSU alum (and I think, former assistant coach) but his love for and coverage of UST and ORU has gone far beyond any SDSU homerism I've seen. Got the chance to meet him after a game earlier this season after some Twitter interactions and always look forward to his podcast interviews. I think he's just on Spotify but search for "From My View" (a playful perspective on his height while covering some big dudes). Interviews with Abmas and Hildebrand, plus others throughout the league.

• Upvote 2

Geez....what a colossal blunder by TheEagleman...for the sake of looking for a gratuitous laugh I erroneously picked on the Mother Teresa of Summit League Basketball reports.....I have seen the error of my ways....thanks for bringing this to my attention.....TheEagleman will be more judicous next time......Image result for George Costanza