Summit League Tournament

OKC Eagle

2 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Well if the SDSU fans stay they may root for ORU!?

That is kind of what I was hoping.

6 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

So what is the environment tomorrow night?  Do the Bunny fans dump their tix on stubhub and there’s an influx of bison fans jumping into their dualies and heading south?  Or do the Bunny fans show up to boo the hated golden eagles?  Or is it just a mediocre atmosphere because our conference tournament takes place in the middle of nowhere?

All good questions.  What we DO know, no matter who shows up, is that Paul Mills will be soundly booed...

8 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

So what is the environment tomorrow night?  Do the Bunny fans dump their tix on stubhub and there’s an influx of bison fans jumping into their dualies and heading south?  Or do the Bunny fans show up to boo the hated golden eagles?  Or is it just a mediocre atmosphere because our conference tournament takes place in the middle of nowhere?

50% off beer promotion to get some rabbit fans to stay

• Haha 1

Up here in Winnipeg, we have an average of three rabbits per home in the neighbourhood. That is not a scientific study, just an anecdotal observation. Nevertheless, I haven't noticed that they have a penchant for beer, course I wouldn't leave that standing around outside 'cause it freezes.

Rabbits don't mind the cold weather though. Again . . . only anecdotal . . . I haven't asked them.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Yes.

For those of you who are at the tournament, how many ORU fans do you think made the trip? Maybe a rough estimate? Thanks

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

From what I've seen, it's an older crowd that doesn't get that fired up even for their own team (you would think so many fans would make more noise).  I'm guessing most of them are SDSU football fans at heart, who merely feel an obligation to show up for basketball games this time of year.

I'm guessing they show up in force for the ladies championship game at 1pm, hang out to pat themselves on the back for a great year afterward, go hit the Early Bird Senior Special at Golden Corral, then either head back home in time to feed the cows before it gets dark, or return early for the 8:00 tip of the men's game, fully prepared to leave at halftime (regardless of the score) to avoid falling asleep behind the wheel on the 3-hour drive west or north back to the farm.

27 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

For those of you who are at the tournament, how many ORU fans do you think made the trip? Maybe a rough estimate? Thanks

30 ish

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

30 ish

Wow, really surprised there is no student bus load up there in Sioux Falls; I guess the overnight accommodations make it cost-prohibitive.

Tempted to get up early and make the drive Tuesday, but opting instead for the Watch Party at the Mabee Center:

• Upvote 1

The SDSU fans will likely show up, as the new ticketing system gives preference to those that show up to all the sessions. If you skip sessions, you won't be able to get the best seats for next years tournament. The first three rows of the section behind each teams bench are reserved for the fans of the schools playing, and everyone sitting in those seats are given a lanyard to wear temporarily during the game. After the game, everyone hands their lanyard back in, and has to move back to the seats that are on their tickets.  

Though this system does give an advantage to the fans of 2 particular schools in this league, I gotta admit I am impressed with the number of SDSU fans that fill the arena for every game. 

It's a toss up as to who they will be cheering for, as many have taken Mills comments very personally, but I'm not sure if that will override the history of bad blood between the Dakota schools. I hope they jump on our bandwagon, as they really have the ability to impact the game. At one point tonight, a Tommies player started pumping his arms up and down, to signal to the crowd to get loud, and the arena immediately stood up with a deafening roar. It was wild.

On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, lakesbison said:

u better start cheering for sdsu because NDSU beats you if they play like this

Newsflash.     we didn't play like that...   ouch

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It looked on tv that tonight's game only had maybe 1000-1500 fans.  Was it pretty empty, for those of you who went to the game?

about 5,000 all spaced out, until about 7 min in the 2nd half. That's when Jack fans started to leave.