Summit League Tournament

OKC Eagle

Jacks 26 FTs....Omaha 3....what a joke! Looks like Mavs played 5 vs. 8....🤑

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

SDSU played with a short bench - 7 guys, with one only playing 12 minutes. Unless the refs were really working harder than they were, won't that wear them out in a short tournament. Again, and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I am so happy for the balanced scoring and shared minutes that we bring to the table with this team!

Seriously, SDSU played as poorly tonight as they did when ORU throttled them in Tulsa in the first game of the Summit schedule.  In this case, Omaha just didn’t have the horsepower to take advantage of SDSU’s poor play.  The Rabbits are fortunate to have a day off to get their house in order before Monday’s semifinal.  Another game like this against any remaining Summit tourney team will be SEASON OVER.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Seriously, SDSU played as poorly tonight as they did when ORU throttled them in Tulsa in the first game of the Summit schedule.  In this case, Omaha just didn’t have the horsepower to take advantage of SDSU’s poor play.  The Rabbits are fortunate to have a day off to get their house in order before Monday’s semifinal.  Another game like this against any remaining Summit tourney team will be SEASON OVER.  

I just don't think they can score enough to keep up with NDSU in the semi's Monday night.

They scored 23 points in the 2nd half - vs. OMAHA, for crying out loud.

SDSU shot 30 percent tonight from the field and Mayo was 2-15.  I cannot imagine they will do that again on Monday night but when Mayo is struggling they are very beatable.

8 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Jacks 26 FTs....Omaha 3....what a joke! Looks like Mavs played 5 vs. 8....🤑

A lot of alcohol revenue would be lost if Omaha won. It is a joke, and I'm happy for this sub par SDSU team to put it on display. 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:47 PM, ORUTex said:

Close game on ESPN+ with North Dakota slightly pulling away for a 31-27 halftime lead. It does not sound like either they or Denver have a ton of fan support there.

I'm getting on a plane a little after 6am to watch ORU beat one of these teams 12 hours later.

Saw you and OKCEagle on the broadcast, Tex! Unfortunately a virus prevented me from making what was a HIGHLY anticipated visit to Sioux Falls. Maybe I'll make it another year - but this season has been so special, I just wanted to be a part of the conference tournament experience. My boys are there, and I'm sure they're hard to miss!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I’ve posted this on the women’s thread but figured you might see it sooner here  

Congratulations to Golden Eagles WBB for defeating USD and staying alive in the tournament!!

9E73DD53-8169-4B8F-A344-A83B025FA532.jpeg

• Upvote 4

A very strong win for the women's team today. Congrats, ladies! They were ON FIRE!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

A very strong win for the women's team today. Congrats, ladies! They were ON FIRE!!

I watched the game and the lady Eagles looked fantastic, Congrats!! and good luck in the Semis!!!

• Like 2

President Billy Wilson tweeted congratulations today, noting that it was the first ORU women's basketball tournament win over a South Dakota school in his 10-year tenure.

Not that he's counting or anything (lol).

Which brings to mind that some of us (me included) were concerned when he took over that he might not consider remaining in Division-1 a priority for ORU moving forward, particularly when they offered rock-bottom money for a head coach to replace Scott Sutton.

Guess we got THAT question answered fairly emphatically following the Sweet Sixteen run...

• Like 1

They keep tweeting these pictures of people seated awkwardly in recliners that are covered in the ugliest leather I have ever seen.

What is that, for crying out loud??  Bison bladder??

What those guys wouldn't pay right now for a middle armrest... #BrokebackMountainNot

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

They keep tweeting these pictures of people seated awkwardly in recliners that are covered in the ugliest leather I have ever seen.

What is that, for crying out loud??  Bison bladder??

What those guys wouldn't pay right now for a middle armrest... #BrokebackMountainNot

I am from much further North than those guys. All I can say is that this promotion would not sell many furniture pieces up here.

Looking forward to Jacks-Bisons! My main wish - may it be a hard, tightly contested game!

22 minutes ago, ron said:

Looking forward to Jacks-Bisons! My main wish - may it be a hard, tightly contested game!

And 3 overtime’s with a bison victory