Congrats ORU on a perfect 18-0 conference record!

Texasgrip

29 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

a hall of fame worthy post 😄

No doubt. 

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Taking issue with

"Mostly mindless banter" jab

Our haikus world-class

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

message board haikus

just not needed when winning

distracting drivel

🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

message board haikus

just not needed when winning

distracting drivel

🤣

Purpose of haikus:

Summer months activity,

Waiting for fall ball

• Like 1

I recently came across a page of haikus from another era. I've wanted to share them but held off. Maybe postseason.

1 minute ago, tmh8286 said:

I recently came across a page of haikus from another era. I've wanted to share them but held off. Maybe postseason.

"Caleb Green is good

Really really really good

Amazingly good."

Now that's some awesome haiku poetry right  there. Unfortunately, my copy doesn't provide authorship of such fine verse.

But that's just a taste! more to come later!!

15 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

"Caleb Green is good

Amazingly good."

Now that's some awesome haiku poetry right  there. Unfortunately, my copy doesn't provide authorship of such fine verse.

But that's just a taste! more to come later!!

Tmh, you stole my thunder! 🤣  I found this same haiku last week originally posted on the message board in November of 2006, and was waiting to post a revised version in honor of Max passing Caleb on the scoring list.  But now, without further adieu…

“Max Abmas is good

Amazingly good”

And, for credit purposes, the original author was message board member 8EL3K6, who unfortunately has not visited the board (at least under that moniker) since 2009.  

• Like 1

I’m just here to confirm the accuracy of the quote attributed to me in the original post, including that it inexplicably cut off in the middle of the sentence. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I’m just here to confirm the accuracy of the quote attributed to me in the original post, including that it inexplicably cut off in the middle of the sentence. 

Apparently page 2 is behind a paywall. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Texasgrip said:

Apparently page 2 is behind a paywall. 

Isn’t the first rule of show business “leave them wanting more”?

• Upvote 1

Golden Eagle player to his teammates in October: "Hey, guys! I have an idea. Let's set the bar really, really high this year for all the teams that come after us."

Teammates: "How high?"

Player: "Oh, I don't know. How about 1) undefeated at home, 2) undefeated in the Summit League, 3) votes in the AP Top 25 poll for six weeks in a row, 4) getting the most league wins in program history, 5) best home attendance since 1999, 6) put Max at #4 all-time in the career points record book and #1 all-time in the Summit for 3-pointers made."

Teammates: "Do you really think we can do all that?"

Player: "Oh, yeah. No problem. Piece of cake." 🙂 

Max is about to cement his spot on the Mt. Rushmore of ORU Men's Basketball........Fuqua....Roberts.....Green....Abmas.......is he better than Acres????....tough call.....Woosie and Richard are givens......but two of the other 3.....hummmmmm......Image result for Mt Rushmore

26 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Max is about to cement his spot on the Mt. Rushmore of ORU Men's Basketball........Fuqua....Roberts.....Green....Abmas.......is he better than Acres????....tough call.....Woosie and Richard are givens......but two of the other 3.....hummmmmm......Image result for Mt Rushmore

"We're gonna need a bigger Mount..."

jaws GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1