at South Dakota State (2/26)

Old Titan

Just man up and play to win.  How often do you think we will be playing for an undefeated league record?  To suggest that we will somehow tank the game or hold anything back is to admit we are not and probably never will be ready for the big time, and somehow cannot face a challenge.  If you truly are a winner you put the best you have on the floor, play to win and leave nothing in the tank.   

• Like 2

While I can easily list all of the reasons why ORU shouldn’t win tomorrow, I think I’ll go out on a limb and predict a victory for the team that has built a record of 23-1 since Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ORU has hotca lot of milestones this year and another will be accomplished tomorrow. All the Seniors will see to it! ORU by 7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Just man up and play to win.  How often do you think we will be playing for an undefeated league record?  To suggest that we will somehow tank the game or hold anything back is to admit we are not and probably never will be ready for the big time, and somehow cannot face a challenge.  If you truly are a winner you put the best you have on the floor, play to win and leave nothing in the tank.   

I don't think anyone is suggesting ORU should/will "tank" or intentionally "try" to lose a game.

But, ORU would BY FAR not be the first team in a similar situation to install a VANILLA game plan and instead rely on pure talent and execution to try to WIN THE GAME, while saving most new wrinkles for the MOST IMPORTANT GAMES OF THE SEASON in just one week.

What's likely, though, is BOTH teams experimenting OCCASIONALLY in certain situations with possible new/revised tactics just to see how they work, and how the opponent reacts (like running a zone or half-court trap on defense, or installing a new inbounds play on offense).

Win or lose, it's about putting forth your best effort Saturday without tipping your hand too much, while at the same time giving 'em plenty to think about in the event of a rematch next week...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I never meant to suggest we would not try to win this game. The players and coaches have something to prove and certainly will compete to the last second to gain a victory. But it is undeniable that we are not running the sets that we ran earlier in the year. Lots of motion and weaves, but not the various plays we saw in games against previous opponents. The only explanation I can think of is that we are waiting for the tournament. Those three games mean more than the season for NCAA purposes. 

I think we are talented enough to beat SDSU regardless… and will. I just hope everyone is, and stays, healthy - and that we are playing 5-on-5 and not 5-on-8. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

. I just hope everyone is, and stays, healthy - and that we are playing 5-on-5 and not 5-on-8. 

Amen to that!

The SDSU website has a 24 hour pass for $7 dollars so you can watch today's game.  happy make it rain GIF by HP

• Like 1

If we aren't going to be running our best plays, rather than risk injury, can the starters not just run up the score a bit, and then let demari and cam and Herron(if he isn't redshirting) get some run in?...

3 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The SDSU website has a 24 hour pass for $7 dollars so you can watch today's game.  happy make it rain GIF by HP

Pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, Ting said:

If we aren't going to be running our best plays, rather than risk injury, can the starters not just run up the score a bit, and then let demari and cam and Herron(if he isn't redshirting) get some run in?...

From your lips - er, post - to God's ears....eyes....mind...oh, heck; you know what I mean.

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Countering this metric:  ORU has never lost a game in which their opponent scored fewer points. #YouCanLookItUp

• Haha 1

TheEagleman loves this ORU team and the way we have played most of the season...... but......This game is as close to a stone cold mortal lock as you will ever see.....all the tumblers are clicking in the direction of an SDSU victory to close out the regular season.....the Jacks playing VERY good basketball recently and ORU just in a bit of a lull right now.....plus the revenge factor and the Good Guys battling a tough trip on the road this week with weather, etc......expecting ORU to battle but in the end I will be very surprised if we get to 18-0......in the old days TheEagleman would be jumping on that SDSU +175 money line and +5 points.....so for you guys looking to make a wager......GO FOR IT!!!.....who knows...maybe ORU wins by a couple and you win both ways......but still projecting Jacks 87  Golden Eagles 81......:sdsu:

Oh yeah.....29 straight home wins in the daytime is hard to argue with......this one is a no brainer and TheEagleman is sure that LakesBison is loading up on South Dakota State even though he can't stand the Jacks.....:sdsu:

17 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Who says our state universities don't believe or teach capitalism anymore? 😉

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Oh yeah.....29 straight home wins in the daytime is hard to argue with......this one is a no brainer and TheEagleman is sure that LakesBison is loading up on South Dakota State even though he can't stand the Jacks.....:sdsu:

29 in a row! Then they're due to lose!😄😄 And ORU will be glad to oblige

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Ting said:

I am fairly certain Herron is redshirting.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1