at South Dakota State (2/26)

Old Titan

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Totally agree, Dave....26-4 is a great year for ORU and our best since 1971-72....but here's the deal....we can overcome lapses of 5-6 minutes in scoring vs. UND and USD but it won't work vs. SDSU....the Jacks will take advantage and send ORU packing to the NIT.......and after the great season we have enjoyed that's going to be a BIG disappointment to all on this board....take it from The Eagleman who enjoyed a 14-3 regular Eagles season and two big playoff wins only to watch the defense fall apart in the 2nd half of the SB loss to the KC Chiefs....still stinging from that.....so you get my drift.....😬

I share the Eagleman's thought's  on all but one point and that is the Chiefs. My wife being from KC is a life long Chiefs fan and I have been a Chiefs fan since we met 28 years ago. Not 1 commentator the night of the super bowl thought the Chiefs would win and quite honestly I had my doubts but as America has witnessed several times never count out Mahomes and Kelsey. My prayer for this coming season is that the "experts"/ "analysts" will downplay KC once again and give accolades and recognition to other contenders. Quite honestly from the stupid comments made by the Cinncinati Mayor to the "experts" all picking Philly KC had all the ammo they needed to show the world how good they are , especially since Philly is a really good team. So hopefully ORU will not get too impressed with themselves and get caught up in all the hype. Play each game like you are the underdog!

SDSU will be looking to pay ORU back for the beat down administered earlier this season. A lot of time has passed since that happened. The Jacks are on a roll and are very tough at home. The Golden Eagles will have to play tough defense and make shots to earn a win. The question is will Mills play a ‘vanilla’ offense and hold back showing things until the tournament?

SDSU conference stats:

ppg:  72.9

FG%: 47.2

3pt%: 35.6. (21.6 attempts)

FT%:  78.4

Reb Margin:  -0.7

TO’s:  8.8

Assists:  10.9

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with Terry......SDSU will be looking for some serious payback tomorrow....ORU better bring the A game or it could be a long day.....Mills may very well hold back until the Summit Final.....but that's 10 days off......question is....how bad does ORU want to go 18-0???....:sdsu::tb-blue:

I think going 18-0 depends on 1 thing. Will that give us an automatic bid to the Big Dance? As most of us agree it will not make a difference.

A LOT of factors leaning against the Golden Eagles in this one:

• Road game
  • Difficult travel into and through blizzard conditions and sub-zero temps.
  • Abbreviated turnaround from Thursday night (2pm start Saturday)
  • Solid opponent with only four league losses, all on the road.
  • Max Abmas nemesis Charlie Easley back in SDSU line-up from early-season injury.
  • Jackrabbits with only ONE conference loss in Frost Arena in their last FORTY-SEVEN GAMES (56-64 to USD on 2/5/21)
  • SDSU Senior Day
  • SDSU wanting to remain ONLY Summit team ever with 18-0 conference record.
  • Payback for 79-40 humiliation in Tulsa back in December.
  • Temptation for ORU to play "vanilla ball" with seeding already locked-up and conference tournament for all the marbles looming.
  • Due to "Summit Saturday" assignments and winter travel issues, referees most likely local junior high gym teachers in Foot Locker uniform shirts.

All that being said, ORU is probably going to be a 4-to-5-point favorite when Vegas sets the line.

No clue what to expect; wish it was on ESPN+ to watch!

• Upvote 1

This idea that we are/have been holding back some secret sauce, that we're waiting to unleash in the conference tournament makes me chuckle. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

• Road game
  • Max Abmas nemesis Charlie Easley back in SDSU line-up from early-season injury.
  • Jackrabbits with only ONE conference loss in Frost Arena in their last FORTY-SEVEN GAMES (56-64 to USD on 2/5/21)
  • SDSU Senior Day
  • Temptation for ORU to play "vanilla ball" with seeding already locked-up and conference tournament for all the marbles looming.
  • Due to "Summit Saturday" assignments and winter travel issues, referees most likely local junior high gym teachers in Foot Locker uniform shirts.

All that being said, ORU is probably going to be a 4-to-5-point favorite when Vegas sets the line.

I would say much of this list helps answer @Keenan Henderson's question as to why SDSU is so good at home.

While we are quoting statistics and streaks here's a meaningless one for you.  ORU is 3-0 on "senior night" this year including 2 on the road.

Just now, Otis 83 said:

I would say much of this list helps answer @Keenan Henderson's question as to why SDSU is so good at home.

While we are quoting statistics and streaks here's a meaningless one for you.  ORU is 3-0 on "senior night" this year including 2 on the road.

When you think about it, I don't think that's a meaningless stat at all:  ORU has more seniors, with more starting experience and more success, playing in the final games of their careers.

Only makes sense that they would be balling out, right?? 👍

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

When you think about it, I don't think that's a meaningless stat at all:  ORU has more seniors, with more starting experience and more success, playing in the final games of their careers.

Only makes sense that they would be balling out, right?? 👍

It does make sense and I would love to 4-0 for the year.

8 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Not acceptable that we have to have a paywall to see a game.  I assume that the parents get a "season pass" so that they can watch their kids playing during the season.  Is this an extra benefit (even in the era of NIL)?? 🤔

It’s criminal that they are allowed to do that.  I get it if a Midco Sports contract is getting in the way but to continue to have their own paywall WHEN NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE DOES is just wrong.

20 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Its criminal that they are allowed to do that.  I get it if a Midco Sports contract is getting in the way but to continue to have their won paywall WHEN NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE DOES is just wrong.

I think Denver has a paywall (premium) site as well. 

But the point is valid:  the new commissioner’s first order of business was supposed to be - and still is - a league-wide network and/or “TV” deal of some kind. 

Until then, the Summit League is relegated to lowest-of-the-low-major status. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU has not been playing it's best basketball over the past couple of weeks....TheEagleman is hoping we are saving it for March....tomorrows game in Brookings is not a MUST WIN but I would still like to see the Good Guys play well....we have been very erratic recently and getting outscored by 15 in the final 7 minutes last night in Vermillion was not encouraging.....this squad seems to have lapses like vs. UND and NDSU that make me SMH.....I don't understand it for a team that is 26-4.....if we go cold in Sioux Falls for an extended period that could be the end of our NCAA hopes.....so looking for some good consistent play tomorrow afternoon.....:tb-white:

I think we're all wondering about the old saw, "they peaked too early." A month ago, and before, ORU was playing DEVISTATING basketball. No quarter. Take no prisoners. Foot on their necks until the final buzzer. We've not seen that same killer instinct of late. I think it's still there, but can they bring it back to the court for the final game/s of the season? That's the question I think we're all wondering. As OT pointed out, midway through the second half last night, up by 27, our shooting goes cold and they can't buy a bucket. We'll really have a struggle tomorrow night if that happens again. Of course, the same can happen to the home team. We can always hope.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

• Road game
  • SDSU Senior Day

This very list, many points of which I made when discussing tomorrow's game with a friend, has me fairly concerned about tomorrow. I'd really LOVE to see these guys, who have had such a stellar season, to be able to complete the conference season without a mark in the loss column. I think they're good enough, and they've earned it. Problem is, the Jackrabbits may not see it that way, and they've got a lot on the line as well, when you think about it. A win in tomorrow's game will send a message to SDSU as much or more than a loss by ORU will send from SDSU. Quite a bit at stake for both teams tomorrow.

ORU opens up as a 5-point favorite on the early offshore lines; would not be surprised to see that number down to four by the time the Vegas lines come out Saturday morning.

Its well known on this board that TheEagleman has given up sports gambling.....and that will continue...but I just have to comment on ORU -5......Grab and Jacks and run all the way to the bank.....it just seems like a steal to me....but then again....who knows.....Vegas usually does but I really like SDSU for all the reasons stated by Old Titan.....Jacks 87  ORU 81.... :sdsu:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Its well known on this board that TheEagleman has given up sports gambling.....and that will continue...but I just have to comment on ORU -5......Grab and Jacks and run all the way to the bank.....it just seems like a steal to me....but then again....who knows.....Vegas usually does but I really like SDSU for all the reasons stated by Old Titan.....Jacks 87  ORU 81.... :sdsu:

Yeah . . . but won't it be SWEET if your hunch is wrong???

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I think Denver has a paywall (premium) site as well. 

But the point is valid:  the new commissioner’s first order of business was supposed to be - and still is - a league-wide network and/or “TV” deal of some kind. 

Until then, the Summit League is relegated to lowest-of-the-low-major status. 

Don't know where to put this so I'll say it here - we are good friends with the Dow family, so we have gone to several Broken Arrow basketball games to watch Connor play, and have watched several others on line. Their games are streamed live on YouTube. The quality is incredible - the picture is crystal clear and bright, multiple camera angles, even on our 75" TV the picture is perfect. It's amazing to me that a HIGH SCHOOL can produce such a quality broadcast while some of our conference-mates provide marginal broadcasts at best.

Broken Arrow has really stepped up their game since my boys played there . . .

BTW, Connor is a REALLY nice player. Does a bunch of things really well. Would have loved to see him in vegas and navy . . .