at South Dakota State (2/26)

Old Titan

It looks like the rag after I used it used it to pick up my dog's breakfast the other day. Man, that's ugly. 

SDSU is 10-1 at home this year and on an 8 game winning streak.  So, they are hitting their stride as the conference season comes to a close.  As good as Mayo is, Matt Dentlinger (center) has put up some pretty impressive numbers in the last month.  When ORU blasted the Jackrabbits in the Mabee Center, Connor outscored Matt 21-0 at the center spot.  I would expect that to once again be an important match up on Saturday.

• Like 1

The league really needs to figure out the conference TV/streaming situation.

I thought the entire reason for hiring this new commissioner was his experience in setting up a streaming service for whatever hockey league he came from.

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

The league really needs to figure out the conference TV/streaming situation.

I thought the entire reason for hiring this new commissioner was his experience in setting up a streaming service for whatever hockey league he came from.

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Not acceptable that we have to have a paywall to see a game.  I assume that the parents get a "season pass" so that they can watch their kids playing during the season.  Is this an extra benefit (even in the era of NIL)?? 🤔

TheEagleman has a feeling that our winning streak will come to an end tomorrow afternoon in Brookings.....would be nice to go 18-0 but not as important as the probable return match up in Sioux Falls on March 7th.....but if ORU could pull out a win it would certainly send a message to the Jacks that we can't be pushed around.....let's see how it plays out but again guessing that Coach Mills will save most of his surprises for the Summit Tournament.....:sdsu::tb-blue:

It is a real toss up game that probaly will come down to the last minute or even OT.  SDSU has won like 93% of their home games in the last five years and even beat the other undefeated team, Eastern Washington, at home in December.  The Jackrabbits are 8-1 in close games, five points or less, so they know how to win in the end.  They still have five players from last year's 30 win season.  It should be an interesting match up and would be the Eagles's biggest win of the season.  Have to bring the A game tomorrow afternoon to beat SDSU!

24 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman has a feeling that our winning streak will come to an end tomorrow afternoon in Brookings.....would be nice to go 18-0 but not as important as the probable return match up in Sioux Falls on March 7th.....but if ORU could pull out a win it would certainly send a message to the Jacks that we can't be pushed around.....let's see how it plays out but again guessing that Coach Mills will save most of his surprises for the Summit Tournament.....:sdsu::tb-blue:

Part of me wishes that we could get an end to the winning streak so that it doesn't become so much of a focus.  However, I want the team to continue to execute and excel based on their talents and abilities to take an opponent on and meticulously outshoot and defend their opponent. 

Peaking at the right time is important at this time of the year and we need to continue to build momentum going into the post season - both for the SL tournament and the NCAA/NIT events.  I think that ORU knows what is ahead of them and I would expect them to win tomorrow, but it will be a nip-and-tuck game that will be determined in the last minute. 

Could we just fast forward to the 1:00 mark and just play that one minute and be done with it? 🤣 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Could we just fast forward to the 1:00 mark and just play that one minute and be done with it? 🤣 

No, I want to see more than just foul shots. 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dave said:

No, IK want to see more than just foul shots. 😉

That one minute will probably take about 15 minutes to play - especially if each team gets their full allotment of three timeouts. 

• Upvote 2

SDSU is 152-8 in their last 160 home games, which means they won 95% of those home games.  That has to be the best home court record in all of college basketball.  Wonder why they are so dominant at home?  They do not draw big crowds, only had about 1500 versus KC last night.

ORU has not won in Brookings since 2011.  Time for the Eagles to break that streak!  This is the team to do it!

• Upvote 2

ORU has not been playing it's best basketball over the past couple of weeks....TheEagleman is hoping we are saving it for March....tomorrows game in Brookings is not a MUST WIN but I would still like to see the Good Guys play well....we have been very erratic recently and getting outscored by 15 in the final 7 minutes last night in Vermillion was not encouraging.....this squad seems to have lapses like vs. UND and NDSU that make me SMH.....I don't understand it for a team that is 26-4.....if we go cold in Sioux Falls for an extended period that could be the end of our NCAA hopes.....so looking for some good consistent play tomorrow afternoon.....:tb-white:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coach Mills mentioned something during last night’s postgame about “never feeling like the outcome was in question” after the 11-0 spurt to start the game.

Hopefully the prospect of an opponent that presents more of a threat will keep everyone focused for the full 40 minutes, rather than just playing in spurts as we’ve witnessed the past few games. 

• Upvote 1

Since everyone else is dishing out facts, here are two for our consideration:

1. Looking at the more recent past, SDSU has lost only 2 home games in the last 3 years.

2. Some are expressing concerns that ORU has been having lapses in their play. The facts are that Houston, the #1 team in the country that destroyed ORU, has two loses. Every other team in the AP top 25 list has at least 4 losses. What ORU has accomplished is this year is phenomenal.

• Upvote 2

Totally agree, Dave....26-4 is a great year for ORU and our best since 1971-72....but here's the deal....we can overcome lapses of 5-6 minutes in scoring vs. UND and USD but it won't work vs. SDSU....the Jacks will take advantage and send ORU packing to the NIT.......and after the great season we have enjoyed that's going to be a BIG disappointment to all on this board....take it from TheEagleman who enjoyed a 14-3 regular Eagles season and two big playoff wins only to watch the defense fall apart in the 2nd half of the SB loss to the KC Chiefs....still stinging from that.....so you get my drift.....😬

• Upvote 1