ORU vs. NDSU (2/18/23) - Senior Night

TrueBlue82

Watching Abilene Christian at Grand Canyon tonight on ESPNU...ho hum... how does this mediocrity get national TV exposure and 24-4 ORU vs. NDSU or SDSU gets no interest??? Come on, man.....šŸ˜®

17 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Watching Abilene Christian at Grand Canyon tonight on ESPNU...ho hum... how does this mediocrity get national TV exposure and 24-4 ORU vs. NDSU or SDSU gets no interest??? Come on, man.....šŸ˜®

We've said it a thousand times:Ā  it has nothing to do with interest/popularity/etc. - it has EVERYTHING to do with TV contracts.

Blame the Dakota schools and Midco Sports...will the new commissioner be able to change anything??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

We've said it a thousand times:Ā  it has nothing to do with interest/popularity/etc. - it has EVERYTHING to do with TV contracts.

Blame the Dakota schools and Midco Sports...will the new commissioner be able to change anything??

šŸ’ÆĀ Ā šŸŽÆ

That's pathetic.....šŸ¤®

NDSU has a talented front court but the guards are very young and that is why they are 12-15.Ā  Their back court has improved as the year has gone on but Max and McBride should be able to handle their young guards.Ā  That is where the game will be won or lost, guard play.Ā  Max will have a big Senior Night and lead the Eagles to win 25!

1 hour ago, SonofaLegend said:

Weaver saved someone's life that night...Ā 

100%

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

NDSU has a talented front court but the guards are very young and that is why they are 12-15.Ā  Their back court has improved as the year has gone on but Max and McBride should be able to handle their young guards.Ā  That is where the game will be won or lost, guard play.Ā  Max will have a big Senior Night and lead the Eagles to win 25!

And the primary difference between this year and last season is that ORU now has CV, Patrick, and a re-invigorated Weaver to neutralize their talented front court. This forces NSDU to have to rely on their backcourt much more than they would like to. Ā And, yes, Max and Mackey should shine in this matchup, which also gives Los and Reem the opportunity to do the special things that only they can do.Ā 

On paper, I like this matchup a lot. Ā Too bad they play the game on hardwood. Ā 

• Haha 1

This ORU team is so resilient. Ā They deal so well with adversity. Ā They have a high basketball IQ and a quiet confidence and maturity that comes from the past experience of a senior-laden and transfer-laden team. Ā That is why I believe they will make it through the Summit League tournament victoriously.

• Upvote 1

ImageLET'S DO IT!!!Ā  GO BLUE!!!Ā :circle-logoi:

• Like 3

I changed my mind. I think the team felt like Thursday was a loss like we did and will come out ready to play tonight. I think we shoot well and win by 20. 91-71.Ā 

• Like 1

From OKC's lips to Max's ears...let's kick some Bison butt!!šŸ¤©

On 2/14/2023 at 8:52 PM, tmh8286 said:

Would have been nice if they'd planned the wedding for halftime!!

Ā 

Kids these days!

• Like 1

This ORU team just can't protect a big lead....šŸ˜¬

Nice finish by Carlos to put the Eagles up 6 at halftime.Ā  It is a game of runs and hopefully ORU can make the last one.

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

This ORU team just can't protect a big lead....šŸ˜¬

Getting killed in the paint!!