ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

45 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

It is hard to win on the road - especially the 2nd game when it is 2:00 in the afternoon. 

For reference, New Mexico got beat last night by 12 at Air Force - who is 4-9 and 9th place in the Mountain West Conference 

This year’s team makes the difficult look easy. It is hard to win on the road.   Since 1985 when I fell in love with ORU basketball I have not seen a team with such consistency and maturity. Let’s finish strong!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

McBride is the quickest player most everyone at the arena has ever seen. There was a group of fans sitting behind me that were in awe of his speed. It really is impressive.
- there were some I’ll advised 3’s in the 2nd half but the good guys kept their composure when Western started to make a run. It was a good win!

Thanks for all of the great info. We weren't able to watch the 2nd half.  What was the technical foul on Isaac for?

6 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

Thanks for all of the great info. We weren't able to watch the 2nd half.  What was the technical foul on Isaac for?

You bet! It was a flop warning. I didn’t get a good look at it as it was a long ways from the rim, almost at half court. I think he was pushed and fell over… or acted like it.

23-4....3 straight on the road in the past 8 days and 14-0 in conference....TheEagleman would surely have signed up for that back in early November....ORU has won every game we have been supposed to win...when is the last time this team has done that???....very proud of these guys and win one more at home and the #1 seed is clinched....not really concerned if we lose a game in the regular season as long as we get those 3 in Sioux Falls next month.....this is a special team and they might just run the table.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This team is basically last year's team except for trading Lacis/Lufile for Connor and Patrick.  Nothing against Lacis/Lufile but it has been a major upgrade.  Today they combined for 24 points, 21 rebounds and solid defense. 

Now ORU will at least have a share of the Summit League Title with a chance to clinch the League title on Thursday night.  Go Eagles!

5 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

This team is basically last year's team except for trading Lacis/Lufile for Connor and Patrick.  Nothing against Lacis/Lufile but it has been a major upgrade.  Today they combined for 24 points, 21 rebounds and solid defense. 

Now ORU will at least have a share of the Summit League Title with a chance to clinch the League title on Thursday night.  Go Eagles!

I would also add that Weaver, Kareem, Carlos, McBride, and especially Max (incredibly) have also all improved greatly! 

2 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

It is hard to win on the road - especially the 2nd game when it is 2:00 in the afternoon. 

For reference, New Mexico got beat last night by 12 at Air Force - who is 4-9 and 9th place in the Mountain West Conference 

And St Thomas is putting a hurting on UMKC tonight  up 52-28 with about 9 min left!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SonofaLegend said:

I would also add that Weaver, Kareem, Carlos, McBride, and especially Max (incredibly) have also all improved greatly! 

Yeah, this is NOT the same team as last year, by a long shot.

They're older, wiser, stronger, etc.

College athletes can grow in a variety of ways between the ages of 17-to-18 as freshmen to the ages of 21-to-23 (and beyond) as seniors.

This roster may look the same in photos, but otherwise they are changed men.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

It is also crystal clear that Max was majorly hampered by injury last year. He is much faster and stronger this year. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, OKC Eagle said:

It is also crystal clear that Max was majorly hampered by injury last year. He is much faster and stronger this year. 

So true, Max was all heart last year, but just a half step behind what I saw in the NCAA tournament. 

This year, he still plays with all the heart, but just seems to have his way, totally dominating on the court. The guy doesn't break 6 feet, without his basketball shoes on, and has the ability to pull up just about whenever and wherever he wants. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

The ESPN recap of the game features three clips...all Western Illinois highlights. 🤓 

It was WIU’s broadcast; I think they provide the clips that are shown. 

• Like 1