ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

ORU 22-4(13-0) makes the quick turnaround and heads to WIU 15-10(8-6)....the Leathernecks got rolled in the 2nd half by KC last night is a rather surprising loss so they will probably be highly motivated to avoid a 2nd home loss in a row against the Good Guys.....you know TheEagleman hates these afternoon matchups on Saturdays and feels they are unfair to the road team but so be it....This ORU bunch appears to be resilient and can handle it despite the possible loss of Vanover who appears to be dealing with some type of injury...guessing Mwamba or Weaver will be in the starting lineup and perhaps we will see more of Williams off the bench which is not a bad thing as we prepare for Sioux Falls......I am still looking over the numbers before making a selection but let's have your comments and predictions on this important Summit League match up between #1 and #3.....:wiu: :shield-logo:

7 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Stop Massner and win big. 

Put Patrick on Massner early and often, and see what happens.

Mcr Teenagers GIF by My Chemical Romance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

It is somewhat surprising but this is WIU's final home game of the year or their senior day.   They finish with three road games.  So, they should be fired up to win on senior day, especially since Massner is a senior.   We know Massner can score in a lot of different ways but he is also very good at setting up his teammates for good looks and rebounding.  I would expect ORU to get the Leathernecks (got to love their mascot name) best shot tomorrow.

Western does have a 7'1" player but he is only averaging 5.7 minutes per game. Other than that their roster tops out at 6'8".

It would be nice to rest Connor a bit and give DJ and Pat those minutes if possible.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear that the Leathernecks will be fired up tomorrow......on Senior Day they should be........but Max and Company are 22-4 and will be ready to extinguish that fire....too many weapons for WIU to stop.....they won't be able to handle it......Good Guys wear them down in the 2nd half and pull away......ORU 92  WIU 77.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

How does the team travel from the Twin Cities to Macomb?  Did they spend all day today on a bus?

Excellent question, Otis My Man!!!......and any inside scoop on Connor Vanover?  Is he injured??....will he have to sit out???.....😬

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

How does the team travel from the Twin Cities to Macomb?  Did they spend all day today on a bus?

Uber. 

#Can'tGetThereFromHere

During the Thursday Saint Thomas pregame "Health Minute" interview with Adam Hildebrandt, ORU's Director of Sports Medicine said that "CV kinda re-aggravated an old injury at Kansas City last weekend, so he's been battling that at little this week. He'll be ready to go tonight, and he should be fine."

Obviously, he wasn't "fine". Does anyone else know any more details about the "old injury"?

• Upvote 1

He had the wrap on the knee, so guessing it had something to do with his knee.  I know everyone likes this mind blowing info!

• Haha 2

Sooner or later ORU is going to lose a game that we don't expect them to lose.....here we are in mid February and it hasn't happened yet......could it be this afternoon at WIU??  Probably not as Good Guys now favored by 14 points....we will likely be without the big guy in the middle today which is a bummer....but hopefully Mwamba and DJ step in and pick up the slack....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

3 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Is there video for this game?  Yes I am lazy and don’t want to search. 

It is on ESPN+

42 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Is there video for this game?  Yes I am lazy and don’t want to search. 

Dude!  We pinned a thread on this topic!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Dude!  We pinned a thread on this topic!

He said he was lazy. Can you please post a link to the pinned topic here where it is more easily accessible? 😆

• Haha 2