ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

Have not been impressed with the ball movement today. Lots of iso ball / shots early in the shot clock. 

Why I don't bet:  Western chooses not to intentionally foul ORU with 26 seconds left on the clock and ORU leading 82-73.

That's a total of 155 points. 

The over/under was 156.5.

Which means if you had the "over", the inevitable two free throws that would have put you at 157 points to win never happened.

Maybe Coach Jeter at WIU had the under...

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

A win is a win. It doesn’t matter if it’s by 30 or by 1. It’s a win. A great team can win even when it’s ugly and I believe we have a great team here folks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Took the air out of our own tires down the stretch with timid offense and poor shot selection, but the defense in the final minutes kept things from getting too close.

Overall, a great defensive effort on a short turnaround on the road against a capable opponent on Senior Day.

CELEBRATE ALL VICTORIES!

• Like 6

Good experience having to protect a dwindling lead. As frustrating as the slowdown game can be, the clock ticking away gave WIU no margin for error and the good guys made a few plays to put it away. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

Have not been impressed with the ball movement today. Lots of iso ball / shots early in the shot clock. 

Mostly in the second half. To predictable. But defense holds them off

With Max and CV both taking bad spills on the court, I'm just glad for the team to get out of Macomb alive - and undefeated! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

I've never heard an announcer so thrilled that the lead was cut to 20.

Don't know what y'all are talking about.  I had Adam synched up with the ESPN+ feed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Don't know what y'all are talking about.  I had Adam synched up with the ESPN+ feed.

I did the same thing. I could not handle the nasal color guy. 

• Like 1

23-4.....the Chianti will taste very smooth tonite....🍷

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

23-4.....the Chianti will taste very smooth tonite....🍷

Wish we would have won by 42, but I’ll take any win. This 3 game road trip was very challenging. I thought we would trip, but we persevered. 

It is hard to win on the road - especially the 2nd game when it is 2:00 in the afternoon. 

For reference, New Mexico got beat last night by 12 at Air Force - who is 4-9 and 9th place in the Mountain West Conference 

30 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Wish we would have won by 42, but I’ll take any win. This 3 gaxme road trip was very challenging. I thought we would trip, but we persevered. 

💪🏀👍

Made the drive over to Macomb to watch the team play today. Western had a great crowd, the place was as full as I’ve ever seen it. At least one of the macomb elementary  schools was giving tickets out to students so there was a lot of families in the arena. It was senior night but it seemed like people were interested in how good ORU has been.

-Everyone around me was talking about Connor. Not surprising, lol. More on him in a minute.

- Max took a hard tumble and split his chin open. He came back in and hit three 3-pointers almost in a row. The other starters we’re laughing at him and rubbing their chins as if to say it was the huge bandage allowing max to score.

- the western crowd stayed into it even though they were down big, place had a lot of energy, no doubt assisting the comeback.

-Connor was a force on defense. He had a ridiculous chase down block. I was sitting close enough to hear the players talking on D and Connor acts like a middle linebacker in football. He starts talking immediately as the opponent brings the ball up the court and is calling out switches so the guards know what is coming. The defense is very cool to see up close. Everyone is talking.

McBride is the quickest player most everyone at the arena has ever seen. There was a group of fans sitting behind me that were in awe of his speed. It really is impressive.
- there were some I’ll advised 3’s in the 2nd half but the good guys kept their composure when Western started to make a run. It was a good win!

EF5D2AD6-DDCD-4820-BE6E-390F56372840.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2