Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

ORU has a big second half and wins 84-75 tonight.  Good way to start the home stand and hopefully win three in a row at the Mabee Center.  For all those going tonight, enjoy the game.  It should be a good size crowd, maybe 5-6,000.

We need to win decisively tonight to maintain our NET ranking.  If we don't have a win of 15-20 points tonight, we will continue to drop in our NET ranking which will affect our seeding if we are fortunate enough to win three in March.  We need to keep our starters in the game until we have a dominant win over the Pioneers tonight.  For that reason, the points may be worth giving and taking ORU on the books tonight.

The ORU athletics website and streaming is suddenly down in the Philippines. Trying to get the Denver game. Anybody elsewhere having this issue?

46 minutes ago, ORU-sisko said:

The ORU athletics website and streaming is suddenly down in the Philippines. Trying to get the Denver game. Anybody elsewhere having this issue?

I was streaming on my phone using the ORU sports app with no problem. Now I’m streaming on my roku and no issues. 

Typical first half tonight......not too bad but not all that great....ORU up 43-39....Max with 16 and Vanover 15.....hopefully we pick things up early in the 2nd.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:  PS....A decent looking crowd and TheEagleman  likes the Gold Unis....👍

Kareem had a nice finish at the rim at the end of the half. 

Who is that Obi Wan starter kit leading the half time festivities?

Yeah and I don't need to see that clown in the Manchester City jersey standing behind Adam during the halftime interview.....🤢

Boom!!!....certain people on this board were right and TheEagleman was wrong.....this has become and ORU blowout........😎:circle-logoi:👍

7 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

We need to win decisively tonight to maintain our NET ranking.  If we don't have a win of 15-20 points tonight, we will continue to drop in our NET ranking which will affect our seeding if we are fortunate enough to win three in March.  We need to keep our starters in the game until we have a dominant win over the Pioneers tonight.  For that reason, the points may be worth giving and taking ORU on the books tonight.

Think this will help our NET?

• Upvote 1

102-61.....59-22 in the 2nd half....geez......and TheEagleman has to comment......that Williams kid can hoop.....why isn't he getting more court time????  Can somebody show up at Waldo's next week and ask Coach Mills???  :hc_mills:

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

102-61.....59-22 in the 2nd half....geez......and TheEagleman has to comment......that Williams kid can hoop.....why isn't he getting more court time????  Can somebody show up at Waldo's next week and ask Coach Mills???  :hc_mills:

Yeah, he can really play!

how much of tonight's beat down of Denver was their terrible offense or our stingy defense? It looked to me like the Pio's didn't have any offensive threat other than #0 and the guy in the middle who was doing his best Bill Lambeer imitation. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bro. So fun to watch him in person! Everyone got in on the action tonight - except Cam, who wasn't dressed out. Anyone hear anything about that?

Here's the simple answer, Dave.... ORU is very good...and Denver was very bad tonight....also, attendance 5200+ on a Thursday Night vs. a not so good opponent...thats impressive...the people are coming out to see Max and the Golden 🦅 Eagles....😍

• Upvote 3

I think the crowd's going to be big Saturday night - fan base continues to grow, lots of community interest, and Hall of Fame night, honoring fan favorite and local Tulsa basketball star, Caleb Green. Rumor has it that a number of past players are coming to show their respects to their old teammate.

Might be a good night to dust off my slab of the original Mabee Center floor and see if I can add a few signatures to it!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is there a second gear that we go in to in the second half, or does it happen naturally as the other team's threats tire from burdening the load? 

It is absolutely unbelievable how skilled Max is, and what he is able to do with the ball. 

Play after play it is just great team basketball. The passing, the routine alley oops, the steals and blocks, the intensity from every single player every time they step on the court, it's some of the most fun basketball I've ever watched. 

Mills is a next level coach. We got a keeper.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4