Calen Green could play for any team in America.

ashVID

LoL!

Did this really have to turn into a theological debate?

ORU had a great win.  Every High Major team we play, usually after the game said they would play caleb green on thier team, and that he could play with anybody, and so on.......

sidenote:Until Valpo hits Mid-Con play, I root for them every game....

Caleb is, hands down, one of the best players in America. No Doubt there. 

Great win....

I'll leave it at that

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• valpotx

• orumom

• Mike Minyard

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ORU fans deserve a little out-of-hand celebrating.  Anytime David knocks off Goliath there's bound to be a few outrageous sounding boasts in the aftermath.  If Valpo had beaten Kansas in 2001-2002, we would have done the exact same thing.

I'm sure by the time Mid-Con play begins any necessary realism will have set in.

As for ESPN's Steve Lavin focusing on what a bad game Kansas had, I don't think this is that outrageous.  I watched most of the 2nd half, and I thought Kansas looked very ragged at times, although they seemed to be killing you on the offensive boards at times as well.  For sure all those missed FTs were unforced.

None of this matters, though.  If KU can't hit their FTs, they don't deserve to win.  I loved ku_aray on the ESPN message board talking about all the push-offs by ORU that weren't called, and all I saw were push-offs that WERE called.  Fortunately, most of the other posters read him the riot act over that comment.  Obviously, ORU was the better team tonight.

Valpotx, let them have their fun for a little while at least.  Remember, none of this matters in March.

Stl VU Fan,

Appreciate the posts tonight, but have to disagree with you that this doesn't matter come March.  Every game matters.  You have to teach your guys to compete every night.  You can't just turn on a light switch and expect to win a championship.  You know this being a Valpo fan.  We all know that wins like this matter so you don't get the dang 16 seed.  I don't think there will be too many teams in the field that want to play ORU.  You beat a team like Kansas on their home floor and you start to feel like you can beat anyone you play.  It will be interesting to see how our guys come out to play in the home opener.  I expect a very big crowd now.

If you don't want to be giddy with the ORU fans tonight then go away.  We at least deserve 24 hours of enjoyment.

Well said Mrs. Smith.  If this were our house we could just lock the door and only let in invited guests.

As I recall, prior to Green and Tutt coming to ORU..you guys didn't have much of anything on your team to brag about, besides maybe Luke Spencer-Gardner? Otherwise, you guys were a middle of the road Mid-Con team. Now that you have your chance to brag and boast (very un-Godlike, I may add), you will get our easy Mid-Con victories once Valpo is gone. Take it easy and just accept this big win in your school's history. I also don't think Caleb could be an immediate starter at UNC, Duke, Kansas or Florida, but he might be the first or second guy coming in off the bench. He seems like a coachable kid, and he's only a local star, he won't have much of anything else because he is in a no-name conference that struggles to get higher than 19th in the RPI rankings... Get over yourselves ORU fans, you aren't that great, you just happen to have a couple of talented players that can work together to bring some success for one more season.

I felt the same way after Valpo beat an overrated Ole Miss team 8 years ago....Valpo sucks. Go away.

CANT HELP BUT GIVE YOU CONGRATS ON A GREAT WIN...YOU GUYS DESERVE IT..WAS CHEERING EVERY MINUTE OF IT...WHAT A GAME...

CANT WAIT UNTIL THE MID-CON.....US (UMKC) AND IUPUI HAVE SOME WORK TO DO....GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE NON CONFERENCE..... CANT WAIT FOR THE MID-CON SEASON...SHOULD BE A FUN TIME........

Stl VU Fan,

Appreciate the posts tonight, but have to disagree with you that this doesn't matter come March.  Every game matters.  You have to teach your guys to compete every night.  You can't just turn on a light switch and expect to win a championship.  You know this being a Valpo fan.  We all know that wins like this matter so you don't get the dang 16 seed.  I don't think there will be too many teams in the field that want to play ORU.  You beat a team like Kansas on their home floor and you start to feel like you can beat anyone you play.  It will be interesting to see how our guys come out to play in the home opener.  I expect a very big crowd now.

In that sense, I agree.  I meant that unless this ripples awfully fast through the entire Mid-Con non-conf. schedule, it is still going to true that you can't get to the dance without winning the conference tourney.  I would enjoy being proven wrong on this, but I'll believe it when I see it.

One thing is for certain, a game like this sure matters a lot more when you win it than when you just barely miss. :wink:

Denial........... it's so sad

Denial of what?  Look, if you want to talk trash, come to my board, tulsa.scout.com.  I won't troll you on this board.

I think that was one of the main points "gold". This is our board. I have no desire to be on your board because I'm not a TU fan any more than you are an ORU fan. Enough time wasted.

He would have qualified at Tulsa. He would start at most schools in the Big 12 including Texas. He would not start at NC or Duke but would play. I think he is doing fine right where he is. Georgetown will be a big challenge for him because of their size inside. Kansas was missing the 2 big centers who would have covered him but he probably would have gotten both of them in foul trouble!

Hope last comment was meant for someone else on this board at this time. I don't ever remember being on the TU board. I am on the Texas rivals site pretty often.

It was edited -- sorry for any confusion.  Green qualified and made TU look like hypocrites for taking Price, who didn't qualify until the summer before he came on campus.  But when Phillips got attacked, that was the reason he gave. 

Green qualified and made TU look like hypocrites for taking Price, who didn't qualify until the summer before he came on campus.  But when Phillips got attacked, that was the reason he gave

Thank you for clearing that up.

I don't know much about what it takes to get into either school so can't comment on that. Coach Phillips is a great person and good coach but was much better suited to be a ass. coach or a high school coach. Really did not like the recruiting side of the deal and made some terrible decisions on that end.

don't feed the valpo and tu trolls their just green with envy

caleb qualified tu just started that rumor once they realized they screwed up

caleb's dad told them off about the rumor so they backed off and admitted they were just wrong on his talent

caleb would start for any team in the country he rises to every occassion don't let the jealous rivals get you down

No, it's a fact that he hadn't qualified when ORU offered him -- it's not a rumor, so much as it was indirectly quoted in the paper.  TU was stupid not to take the risk when they did on other players (ORU is more willing to take those risks, as evidenced by your recruiting class this past summer).  It was one of many recruiting mistakes.  We hacked off Ted Owens when he brought the Graham brothers by as well.