Calen Green could play for any team in America.

ashVID

So much for the silly argument that he gets his numbers against mediocre midcon teams. Caleb Green would start for Duke, UNC, KU, etc. IMHO. Look at his line tonight against arguably the most athletic and talented team in the country, 20 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists and 3 steals. The only issue I see for ORU this year is depth, they have to stay healthy and blow out enough people so that those top 4 or 5 guys can get some rest...

ash  =o)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• valpotx

• orumom

• Mike Minyard

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Dr.

Caleb has always played well against good teams and he definitely could play for any team around except TU since they didn't want to recruit him

lol Dr.

Caleb has always played well against good teams and he definitely could play for any team around except TU since they didn't want to recruit him

Yes, he could play for any team, but please don't make comments like he can start at Duke.  It would be similar to Mo Kone's statement that he would own the league....

I agree with you there... I don't think he'd start at UNC or Duke but the rub against Caleb (locally at least) has always been that he's just a lower mid-major player. I'm pretty sure he could start in the Big 12.

I agree with you there... I don't think he'd start at UNC or Duke but the rub against Caleb (locally at least) has always been that he's just a lower mid-major player. I'm pretty sure he could start in the Big 12.

Caleb is obviously talented (and I hate to admit it), and I can understand your frustration that he doesn't get hype outside of the conference, but that is life in the Mid-Con unfortunately.  You should move conferences!!

Caleb seems to be getting a lot of hype tonight...and this is only our second game of the season (and there is that All American thing).  Nothing said will take the glow off of tonight's win.  GO EAGLES

(and Valpo has never won at Mabee Center)

Caleb seems to be getting a lot of hype tonight...and this is only our second game of the season (and there is that All American thing).  Nothing said will take the glow off of tonight's win.  GO EAGLES

(and Valpo has never won at Mabee Center)

Pretty lame that you would make a comment to TRY to offend someone, especially when they are admitting he is not hyped enough...too bad we have been there (NCAA), & done that before (7 times), so a comment that we haven't won at your stadium yet, will not affect us.

:-D

ooooooooh

But we have made it to the ELite Eight.

Much like we can't claim we are dominant anymore, that appearance shouldn't count either, since it was a very long time ago  :evil:

I bet if you asked Self tonight, he would start Caleb on the Jayhawks. If Caleb could start for the KU, then he could certainly start for UNC/Duke.

lol Dr.

To be fair, he may not have qualified.  Of course, we took Price the year before, who was just as big a risk.  He's a good player.  Time to move on past that.

Gold.  I hope you were kidding because we all know qualifying wasn't a problem. He had a MOM that wanted him AT ORU.

Pretty lame that you would make a comment to TRY to offend someone, especially when they are admitting he is not hyped enough...too bad we have been there (NCAA), & done that before (7 times), so a comment that we haven't won at your stadium yet, will not affect us.

You're probably not goin to win this fight buddy.  ORU's been in the spotlight before tonight.  ORU was just an overtime loss to Kansas away to going to the Final Four in 74.  Nothing against Valpo, but we're not worried about your six 1-and-done's and "the shot".  NOT TONIGHT!!!  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GREATEST SCHOOL IN AMERICA!!!

To be fair, he may not have qualified.  Of course, we took Price the year before, who was just as big a risk.  He's a good player.  Time to move on past that.

If I was a Tulsa fan, I'd want to move on from that too.  ORU and Tulsa have rarely had solid programs at the same time.  Tulsa just gift wrapped a change in powers.  I think Tulsa is heading in the right direction though, and hope that the ORU-TU game can become a big time game.  I just don't see how TU can catch up to ORU at this point.  ORU is going to continue to grow and upgrade things as long as they keep exceeding expectations.  ORU is built on exceeding expectations.