Missouri State

Old Titan

Good Guys have four days to recover and focus on Missouri State.....the Bears not great this year but always a dangerous foe and they beat ORU last year....so the boys should be ready for this one....TheEagleman agrees that a poor first half could be fatal....they have to work out those issues soon or 2023 could cause me to stay away from wagering at all....in fact....might just do that anyway.....😎

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Missouri State is a good defensive team, much like Liberty, in that they hold teams to around 60 points a game.  However, they have struggled on offense.  Their best player, Chance Moore, was at the very end of the Arkansas bench last year (try 13th out of 13th players).  So, he knows Connor pretty well.  I think it will be a close game for 30 minutes but then the Eagles firepower on offense is just too much for the Bears in the end.

Milestones to motivate The Prodigal Guard:

• Currently stands at 2,015 career points.
  • Just 4 points away from No. 7 Ken Tutt (2,019 points)
  • 23 points away from No. 6 Mark Acres (2,038 points)
  • 65 points away from No. 5 Dominique Morrison (2,080 points)

Averaging 22 points per game to close out the current home stand will put him at No. 4 all-time.

The last five games he has averaged 24.3 points per game, so...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Max could conceivably get to 2500 career points which in the world of college basketball today is an incredible achievement....was just reading where Pistol Pete Maravich averaged about 44 points a game for his 3 year career at LSU....if there had been a 3 point line back in the late 60's he would have scored about 56-57 per game....amazing!!!....keep chucking it up, Mad Max!!! 👍

54 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Max could conceivably get to 2500 career points which in the world of college basketball today is an incredible achievement...

At something near his current clip, Max would eclipse No. 3 Caleb Green’s 2,503 points somewhere in South Dakota, either during the final regular season road trip, or in the first round of the Summit League tournament.

If he can do it.....Max and Caleb would not only share 2500+ points with ORU Basketball but also an incredible sense of humilty.....:shield-logo:

• Like 1

Missouri State is 1-3 over their last 4 games:

Won at Illinois-Chicago  66 to 51

Lost at home to Bradley  40 to 58

Lost at St. Mary's  46 to 56

Lost at home to IPFW  61 to 65

Against IPFW, they shot 24/63 (38.1%); 18/22 from 2-pt but only 7 of 42 from 3-pt. Have to wonder why they kept shooting from three given their success inside the arc. I assume that Bradley zoned them.

Sorry but unless the Good Guys are partying all week...this game should be a butt kicking......:circle-logoi:

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Sorry but unless the Good Guys are partying all week...this game should be a butt kicking......:circle-logoi:

That shouldn't be a problem Eagleman...the old Athletic Dorm is closed!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

That shouldn't be a problem Eagleman...the old Athletic Dorm is closed!!

LOL - "Hold my beer" (literally).

1334250917_BullBear.thumb.jpeg.5f238cc0926ab2f1c370d1217429f1f8.jpeg

• Haha 3

Ahhh...so the old Athletic Dorm was Party Central??....Was Moose Roe the acting bartender on most nights?.....RIP Moose!! 🍺

Is the Bull and Bear still open?  I’m sure Jimmy is no longer behind the bar and has gone on the next plane. 

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

Is the Bull and Bear still open?  I’m sure Jimmy is no longer behind the bar and has gone on the next plane. 

A screen shot from Google Maps that could have been taken today. 

Many an honor code has met an untimely demise within those walls. 

Or, so I’ve heard… 😇

13 hours ago, Old Titan said:

A screen shot from Google Maps that could have been taken today. 

Many an honor code has met an untimely demise within those walls. 

Or, so I’ve heard… 😇

All rumors and hearsay for me too OT.  Not sure how I knew the bartenders name.

• Haha 3

TheEagleman has heard rumors that Jack Wallace's car was spotted outside this establishment on many an evening back in the 70's and 80's....not sure if he was in the car taking photos or inside quenching his thirst.....🍺😜🍺